+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bards - you can't shut me down and I'm going to run this world

Shadowlander

Default Bards - you can't shut me down and I'm going to run this world

Pretty simple issue. Bard "music/songs" (From Anthems to Codas to everything) can't be silenced. This needs to be changed.

As opposed to the traditional weakness of mana and vulnerability to silence, bards don't suffer from these set backs. As I'm sure every has been noticing, this usually means it is impossible to a kill competent crew running a bard due to the spammable healing and speed by which they can remain out of harm's reach.

Don't get me wrong, I love bards. I love the utility - but there should be some way to stop them from singing other than just "stun" - which of course is rendered near useless via the Infiltrator tree and is generally on long timers, and very short durations even without that tree.

Champion of Telara

i think since they do it with their instrument, you cant "silence" them, but they should be "disarmable", do they? Also im pretty sure silenced bards cant spam their precious cadence.

Prophet of Telara

From a VK standpoint yeah nerf em make them like clerics. From a Inquisitor standpoint, why?

You render them useless by killing them, a bard isn't going to outheal any real damage output.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsichore View Post
    You render them useless by killing them, a bard isn't going to outheal any real damage output.
    Exactly this

bards are easy to kill and easy to spot, if he geats healed hard then you are focusing on the wrong kind of healer

I was shut down pretty hard by a Dominator earlier today in a WF. Clearly they are doing something right...

Champion of Telara

Well, I'm not sure if you've played bard, but here are a few things to keep in mind.

The motiffs only last max 30 seconds. There are a bunch of them. In order to keep them all up, you have to refresh them like every 20 seconds. Most times they simply disappear because the bard is too busy doing other things, and you have to constantly refresh them.

Cadence can and does miss.

Although I have not had it happen that I noticed, you CAN disarm them and get them to stop. If it doesn't work then it's probably a bug because they require weapons to use, and the damage from cadence and such is based in part on weapon damage.

Rift Surge them right before they cast their motifs.... that kills most bards

Quote Originally Posted by Serin9X View Post
    ^ This x10

Champion of Telara

it works only if there are 1 bard in team which is rare.

lud
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by pechkin View Post
    i think since they do it with their instrument, you cant "silence" them, but they should be "disarmable", do they? Also im pretty sure silenced bards cant spam their precious cadence.
    Yes bard can be disarmed.

+ Reply to Thread