+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: I cant believe this happened. Sab related.

Shadowlander

Default I cant believe this happened. Sab related.

Ok I am a 29 Chloromancer and also have a Necro build for pvp. We have good damage, and with support we are a great calling.

Played a codex earlier today. Grabbed a double damage buff, found a saboteur whom was lower level then me, and proceeded to melt his face. Not going to lie, I got the drop on him, and was able to take him down to about 20% while he did his standard charge stuff.

Then I went from 100% health....to 0%. One detonate.

As a whole, I dislike saboteurs, but I dont think they are as annoying to me as many other people. I make good use of my dispels, I play defensively when they are trying to throw charges on me, and am very mindful of my surroundings. That being said. There is absolutely positively never a reason for any class in this game to be able to 1shot another class.

I was 100%. In fact I was ACTIVELY soulpurging(healing) while he detonated. I realize that the detonate is the culmination of 5 charges and is just a bunch of backloaded damage, but you should NEVER be able to 1shot someone, especially a higher level....

Just bad game design Trion.

Shadowlander

can you post the combat log please?

Soulwalker

Another whining noob.How much hp do u have to be one shoted?1k?
    Normal mages got 1800-2000 hp
    Normal sabs at this lvl max crit is 1400
    So your items just bad

god, ......not another Trion please get rid of Sabs the pissin and moanin is drivin me nuts

Shadowlander

Had about 1550-1650, depends if I had my archon dot buff on or not, and to be honest I cant remember.

If the Sab had done a similar amount of damage spread out over that timeframe it would have been no issue. I did not even have a CHANCE to heal that though. It was the first time its happened to that extreme, but thats still no excuse.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Shizit View Post
    Another whining noob.How much hp do u have to be one shoted?1k?
    Normal mages got 1800-2000 hp
    Normal sabs at this lvl max crit is 1400
    So your items just bad
    Have almost all blues from DSM, pvp related, and any factions rewards I can get, in addition to my own buffs. Id like to see a necromancer at my level with 2k hp.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by tangomonky View Post
    Have almost all blues from DSM, pvp related, and any factions rewards I can get, in addition to my own buffs. Id like to see a necromancer at my level with 2k hp.
    Runes from runecrafting +endurance. Thats all.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Shizit View Post
    Runes from runecrafting +endurance. Thats all.
    So your solution to avoid getting oneshot as a MAX level in a battleground is to not only wear all the best gear for my level, but have it all decked out in enchants.... so I can only lose 90% of my life in one shot instead of 100% keeping in mind all the gear is going to be replaced in just a few levels anyway....

Somehow I doubt he went to the same troubles to do the damage..

Shield of Telara

you played a squishy mage and complain you take lots of damage from the highest physical burst dps class in the game

if you play the squishest archtype in the game, and the hardest hiting class in the game hits you, a 1 shot will and SHOULD happen, especially if its a 6 second global cooldown build up time

dont want to get one shoted invest into more endurance gear, you know all those of the fortress gear you vendor because its trash? well stop vendoring those and equip those, those are the counter to sabs.

Soulwalker

Didn't meant endurance is way to counter sab. If u had a dominator soul,u could disable sab with instant polymorf,after pew pew that crazy stuns,or pyro with 600+dmg instant crits,and then sub goes to this forum and creates another whining thread.

Again, u got 6+ sec to do anything u want with sab until he does he's dmg. Also u could just run to outrange he's detonate and leave warrior or melee rogues to deal him.And if u survive first blast u got another 6+ sec to deal with him. Just use some brain
    Last edited by Shizit; 03-02-2011 at 07:59 PM.

Shadowlander

So in order to avoid getting oneshot by a lower level I should CC him every 3-4 seconds and run away...

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Bejita View Post
    you played a squishy mage and complain you take lots of damage from the highest physical burst dps class in the game

if you play the squishest archtype in the game, and the hardest hiting class in the game hits you, a 1 shot will and SHOULD happen, especially if its a 6 second global cooldown build up time

dont want to get one shoted invest into more endurance gear, you know all those of the fortress gear you vendor because its trash? well stop vendoring those and equip those, those are the counter to sabs.
    No it should not. Ever. There is no problem with a class doing 1600 damage over 6 seconds. There is a huge problem with a class doing it instantly and being able to do it again immediately. There is no real strategy or skill to what he did, and no real strategy for me or even my entire team to defend against it.

Soulwalker

Guys, you obviously don't understand the fundamental reason why the Saba class ISN'T overpowered. They have 0 upfront damage. All rogue specs have abilities that will do damage to charge up their combo points before releasing a finisher, which equates to roughly the same damage done by detonate. Sabas rely on the ability to get 5x charges in order to do anything effectively, in which, they can have their faces melted off, cc'ed, or more. If they nerf the damage on Sabas, it's not going to bring them in line with other classes, it's going to deem them unfit for combat.

Oh, and in case you're wondering. Charges? Dispellable. Hint hint.

Rift Master

The issue is very simple and Trion has the tools to assess it:

PvP BURST!

This is not a DPS issue, rather are Sabs too'bursty' in PvP?

Trion needs to answer that question and give feedback to the community as so many posts are dealing with Sab burst and that its high.

Prophet of Telara

The counter as described is dispels but this usually means the dispeler becomes enemy No1. That's all fine but their team won't whether by choice or their own failings back up that dispeler.
    Meaning dispelling isn't a blanket fix that Trion has claimed.
    It's simply a stop-gap measure which will only be a fix when teams support their dispel caster.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast