+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Rated Warfronts

Rift Disciple

Default Need Rated Warfronts

Default Why we need rated warfronts

Current state of warfronts with no competitve aspect...aka rated warfronts ( teams of 5-10 players queue together vs other teams of premade 5-10 players or more depending on the map ) goes something like this. You queue alone for the warfront like most people to have some fun. Once you enter you quickly realize the other team has a co-ordinated core of players on VOIP crushing your team's face in. Ok, let me grab my friends and we will form a pre made group to warfront with. Group queues up and joins vs a pug or a smaller group and we roll face, 500-0 or something simlilar, over and over and over.

Basically solo queuing ends up being horrible half the time because of premade enemy teams. And crushing pugs with you're premade gets boring really fast since the other team cant even leave their graveyard before they are being bury'd 6 feet under again.

Give us rated warfronts, no special rewards needed that a normal warfront wouldn't give, just the option to play against competant co-ordinated teams

Telaran

What about groups of people who arent good at pvp but want to queu together to have fun? They shouldnt have to face steamroll group.

Also what are the stipulations of this? I have 2 friends I like to pvp with, am I going to have to go up against the coordinated teams everytime I want to queu with just them?

Quote Originally Posted by Kellindell View Post
    What about groups of people who arent good at pvp but want to queu together to have fun? They shouldnt have to face steamroll group.

Also what are the stipulations of this? I have 2 friends I like to pvp with, am I going to have to go up against the coordinated teams everytime I want to queu with just them?
    No, he means have 2 separate ques, like just regular warfronts, then one for rated warfronts.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kellindell View Post

NP sweetheart, just queue for the regular warfronts then

Soulwalker

This is a good idea.

Nobody would play them if there are no special rewards to get from it.

Most people would just want to steamroll pugs to get more honor faster.

Soulwalker

There could be a separate que for people queing in a group of 6 or more. That way you would have a degree of premade warfronts facing other premades. Pugs would stay relatively puggish, and you could still que with a few friends.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Gentlemen View Post
    Nobody would play them if there are no special rewards to get from it.

Most people would just want to steamroll pugs to get more honor faster.
    Maybe hand out cosmetic things like mounts / titles / or perhaps solid pvp planar focus'. I doubt the carebears would qq about planar focus' if they are for 100% pvp reasons...aka they have valor on them or something
    Last edited by vrett; 03-03-2011 at 03:34 PM.

+ Reply to Thread