+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: The Black Garden, Middle hold vs spawn hold.

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple Lant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    72

    Default The Black Garden, Middle hold vs spawn hold.

    I've been doing a bit more Black Garden, and I've noticed people have been slowly going away from going back to the spawn with the tooth and have just been camping at the middle (or behind the trees). Now in pug v pug this is a good plan because it's a fast way to live, but premade v premade it seems like a bad idea because everyone would just group up above spawn and rush in at once (via walking across the wall or just rushing down the middle, avoiding slow circles obv).

    Do you all think the spawn strats might come back for premading (as it is MUCH easier to defend it) or do you think rush the tooth holder down and then spam AoEs will take over?
    Quote Originally Posted by Haseno View Post
    You're more upset I disagree with you, rather than not reading your post.
    Reading is hard but making general assumtions is easy.
    Please, don't be like the person in my sig. Fully read posts, even if they make your head hurt.

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser Happydaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    339

    Default With good groups

    In BG with good groups you flash damage the fang and then get ready for it to spawn in the middle. A good group will just dot everyone so the fang cannot be picked up. With powerful strong matchups closer to the base is what I think wins. In a total unbalanced game the middle holding spot can be a fast easy win.

    Haps

  3. #3
    Ascendant MopDaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lant View Post
    I've been doing a bit more Black Garden, and I've noticed people have been slowly going away from going back to the spawn with the tooth and have just been camping at the middle (or behind the trees). Now in pug v pug this is a good plan because it's a fast way to live, but premade v premade it seems like a bad idea because everyone would just group up above spawn and rush in at once (via walking across the wall or just rushing down the middle, avoiding slow circles obv).

    Do you all think the spawn strats might come back for premading (as it is MUCH easier to defend it) or do you think rush the tooth holder down and then spam AoEs will take over?
    2 points per tick you take it out of middle area.
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

    Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple Lant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Happydaze View Post
    In BG with good groups you flash damage the fang and then get ready for it to spawn in the middle. A good group will just dot everyone so the fang cannot be picked up. With powerful strong matchups closer to the base is what I think wins. In a total unbalanced game the middle holding spot can be a fast easy win.

    Haps
    Shield trick can do right through DoTs pretty easy, mostly mass AoE spam that can beat it out, and that can be beat out with proper CC (Dominators).
    My god this game is going to be amazing comp wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haseno View Post
    You're more upset I disagree with you, rather than not reading your post.
    Reading is hard but making general assumtions is easy.
    Please, don't be like the person in my sig. Fully read posts, even if they make your head hurt.

  5. #5
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,186

    Default

    it ticks for 2 at spawn, but it still ticks, and you are near your respawn while enemy has to run from far away,

  6. #6
    Telaran BlyGilmore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pechkin View Post
    it ticks for 2 at spawn, but it still ticks, and you are near your respawn while enemy has to run from far away,
    you want to keep it in the middleish area.

    best spot IMO is to use the tree in your back left corner to LOS ranged and make the fight come to you. there you get 4 or 5 a tick. second best is on the ledge just above that same spot.

    the problem with bringing it back to your spawn is you're putting all your cookies in the "we're going to hold it the rest of the match" basket. if it drops and the opponents get it, they usually have an easy run back to the middle. and if the fang gets reset, you're fooked with your crew needing to go through the opponent to get the fang.

    i actually won a game my team had no business winning because the other side brought the fang all the way back. they held it for most of the match, but because they were only 1 or 2 ticking, it was like 300-30 or something like that.

    our team managed to take momentum, grabbed the fang, brought it back into the middle and very quickly closed that gap by holding it at the tree. we ended up winning 500-450.
    Mnemon
    Cleric - Level 30
    Northern Kings - Briarcliff
    www.nkings.com


    Help put an end to Wow PvP Syndrome!

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts