+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: warrior vs marksman at range

Soulwalker

Default warrior vs marksman at range

I will admit this is kind of a QQ post but because of the issue i am ok with that. i am a lvl 22 marksman atm and do nothing but pvp and always have. every warrior i fight is riftblade or goes part riftblade just for these abilitys. fire spear and fire burst i believe its called. after having many events of it happening i went and found a lvl 20 warrior (he even had less health than me) and told him i wanted to test with him. he spammed fire spear and fire burst and killed me in about 12~ secs(did multiple tests). i then took my turn. it took me about 25 secs to kill him spamming all my best abilitys+CDs. now i really hope its not like this at high lvl but it seems pretty obvious there is a major imbalance with a melee warrior out dmging a marksman 2 times over at RANGE...thoughts?

Shadowlander

As a fellow MM I know your frustration with warriors but you have to take into account their ac/hp against yours.

Soulwalker

again i had more health than he did, 2 lvls higher and ac wise i have 20% armor ignore in MM soul and another 10% in pvp soul, i also had the ability that reduces their armor up on him Lightning fury

Quote Originally Posted by TerrorCell View Post
    again i had more health than he did, 2 lvls higher and ac wise i have 20% armor ignore in MM soul and another 10% in pvp soul, i also had the ability that reduces their armor up on him Lightning fury
    Everybody has their advantages over some classes. For my riftblade its any ranged class that cant heal. Healers though bring a little more challenge for me to take down. You probably dominate some other class but some classes need to be checked by some spec.

Tank classes with ranged spam-able ranged combat point generating abilities that do ~200 a hit (20-29 bracket). Yet my rangers CRITICAL hits have trouble getting that high, as do my sin's MELEE attacks.

It's really quite funny

Still low level's yet, so I'm hopeful things will balance out later.
    Last edited by BlackUdder; 03-02-2011 at 04:43 PM.

Soulwalker

I will admit this is kind of a QQ post but because of the issue i am ok with that. i am a lvl 22 marksman atm and do nothing but pvp and always have. every warrior i fight is riftblade or goes part riftblade just for these abilitys. fire spear and fire burst i believe its called. after having many events of it happening i went and found a lvl 20 warrior (he even had less health than me) and told him i wanted to test with him. he spammed fire spear and fire burst and killed me in about 12~ secs(did multiple tests). i then took my turn. it took me about 25 secs to kill him spamming all my best abilitys+CDs. now i really hope its not like this at high lvl but it seems pretty obvious there is a major imbalance with a melee warrior out dmging a marksman 2 times over at RANGE...thoughts?

Relax warriors are terrible OP, rogues and clerics are ok ( need just few adjusts ), mages sucks.

At 50 when you see a warrior just wait 5 s to press respaw.

Warrior kills Ranger
    Ranger kills Mage
    Mage kills Warrior

I know it is a simplified version, but you get the idea. A warrior with a particular will annihilate a mage and a rogue using a particular soul setup will take a warrior while eating a sandwich.

The reason he killed you is not health...it is the armour mitigation....think about how to remove that from the equation and you will beat him. Of course, if a warrior has 2 neurons, he will counter that...and a perfect vicious circle

Also...MM dps is low in comparison.... if you go for a dps race, just to see who will kill the other first...you will lose.... MM is all about mobility....hit and run....
    I had a few duels with a really good MM.... He owned me bad....every single time....

Think about the synergy between souls...this game is all about that (and I love it!). If you want details, just pm me and I will send you a few builds to counter warriors
    “I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend”

Soulwalker

u cant hit and run in a duel with the small *** boundaries before fleeing and we were both standing totally still if i was running from him with my "mobility" he would of killed me just as quickly while my dmg would of dropped so thanks for furthing my point

Edit: also the vast majority of pvp mages are warlocks or necros and they both own me especially necros with soul purge
    Last edited by TerrorCell; 03-02-2011 at 05:00 PM.

so, you want a MM to be able to kill everyone, regardless what enemy is facing....
    yes, that is not op at all....

EDIT: there is no one build that will be a "I win" setup.... face it, learn to adapt
    Last edited by Elegwen; 03-02-2011 at 05:11 PM.
    “I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend”

Soulwalker

going to assume u are a riftblade lol

Soulwalker

i was just killed in less than 6 secs from a riftblade in a warfront using ranged attacks only...sorry but they are overpowered by way to much
    Last edited by TerrorCell; 03-02-2011 at 05:42 PM.

no, my main is a rogue and my alt a mage...

Shield of Telara

Warriors counter rouges

Prophet of Telara

Why are you targeting Warriors? As the post above you have souls you should be countering. This is why A) wow is bad and B) Rift is becoming bad. This isn't a game whereby any class can kill any other class as quickly in all cases.
    Marksman really only want to target warrior for cc and thats a punt away from healers or slows roots what ever.
    Rogue's can counter and mages you can rip though.

Your worries about riftblade are unfounded. Try Champion/Reaver next time you test. Punt and in combat charge, Weakening Essence AE 15 sec slow, interupt, -heal%, spammable dots, AE fear/root. Riftblade is old hat.

If you really must counter warriors go Sab.

Riftblades? Hehe I can eat those alive with several arch types and souls.

Riftblade is a good side soul because it gives warriors a ranged attack that however is a lot weaker than what a mage for instance can put out on instant attacks and 1.5s attacks if he has built it right, and mages everyone thinks are weak ^^.

Riftblade has no cc. If you stun them from behind, they can not get out of it. They need to face their target. Their damage is ok but if you know what you are doing, you can with several arch types and souls compete with it easily.

You as a ranged soul need to use it, you have 35 m range while riftblade has 20m range. Now that is a very long distance. So use your instant ranged snare, move, kite, that is what rouge is about so learn it or roll a class you can play.
    Defiant, since I trust in knowledge.
    Defiant, since religion is false.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast