+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Favor in World PvP

Rift Disciple

Default Favor in World PvP

When I kill someone in World PvP it comes up on the screen that I've got exp and Favor but when I check the PvP tab of the Warfronts window it shows I haven't got a kill and haven't earned any Favor.

Can you not earn Favor from World PvP? Or is this window only for Warfronts and I'm missing some sort of proper PvP tab?

If you can only earn Favor from Warfronts then that is kinda dissapointing, how do you earn it when the 50 WF's are dead while everyone else catches up and we can only PvP in the World zones? To be honest I mainly just want to be rewarded for a kill, regardless of where it is.
    Last edited by Acerbitas; 03-02-2011 at 02:56 PM.
    Acerbitas - 50 Warrior/Prestige Rank 3 - <Gross Negligence> - Imperium
    Champion/Paragon/Vindicator.

Acerbitas - 40/64 Blackguard - Eltharion.
    Acerbitas - 80 Deathknight.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineaxis View Post
    People are whining because it's easier to type text on a forum than gain skill in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Acerbitas View Post
    When I kill someone in World PvP it comes up on the screen that I've got exp and Favor but when I check the PvP tab of the Warfronts window it shows I haven't got a kill and haven't earned any Favor.

Can you not earn Favor from World PvP? Or is this window only for Warfronts and I'm missing some sort of proper PvP tab?

If you can only earn Favor from Warfronts then that is kinda dissapointing, how do you earn it when the 50 WF's are dead while everyone else catches up and we can only PvP in the World zones? To be honest I mainly just want to be rewarded for a kill, regardless of where it is.
    Try "Currencies" tab on your character sheet. See if it's there.
    Bye Bye Rift. Say hi to Pyros.

Telaran

If you attack somebody that is already engaged in another fight (usually PvE), they are actually gray, and you get no XP or favor. Just like mobs fighting another player won't give you anything (XP, quest updates, etc), players also don't give you anything.

I think this is wrong, but it is how it is.
    f2p (2013-2014): ZevZevv, Deepwood, Defiant, Rogue
    Pre-f2p (2011): Zeven, Spitescar, Guardian, Rogue

imo...

I much prefer world pvp over instanced pvp. Groups attacking other groups while they try to close rifts or defeat invasions is supposed to be a BIG part of world pvp. Part of the description of Rift says the same thing, or at least it used to. Anyway, I prefer World PvP over instances, but the rewards for my preference are disappointing, imo.

Welcome to live ..life awaits you

Ascendant

If its grey you dont get nothing, if its green you get. I think its just perfect. Sure people are going to gank now but its not definitely very smart, you get alot more favor and kills from WF so almost waste of time. Yeah, thank god they dont encourage people to gank.
    Last edited by June; 03-03-2011 at 01:05 PM.

Rift Disciple

Ah looked at some other posts and it seems it is probably a bug.

If it is however a way to stop 'ganking' that is completely ******ed. Maybe make people who are 50 only able to get Favor from another level 50 but that is it. You should get Favor from everyone, it's a PvP server so you should expect to be killed whenever and wherever. You should get less Favor if they are already being attacked by a mob or another player.

Personally I hope it's just a bug otherwise all the players that love World PvP will be dissapointed. They're not gonna wtfqq quit the game and trion aren't going to lose 10 millionzillion subs, but you get me

Please let me kill people and get rewards Trion.
    Acerbitas - 50 Warrior/Prestige Rank 3 - <Gross Negligence> - Imperium
    Champion/Paragon/Vindicator.

Acerbitas - 40/64 Blackguard - Eltharion.
    Acerbitas - 80 Deathknight.

Quote Originally Posted by Nineaxis View Post
    People are whining because it's easier to type text on a forum than gain skill in a game.

Ascendant

Me too I think they should encourages ganking but I think it'd pretty awesome if low levels had some powerful items to kill high levels too, so basically sometimes ganker becomes the ganked.

Its gonna stay like this Im sure, we can hope if that RvR zone comes its gonna be some hardcore stuff.

+ Reply to Thread