+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Reputation with Various Factions

Default Reputation with Various Factions

Seems to be pretty much borked.

In order to get to the level 35 gear for PvP, you would need a total of 33k reputation, (rough calculation).

After playing WS about 20 times, I have 975 rep with their faction.

Now, I understand that PvP gear should be hard to acquire- but this is borderline ridiculous, unless I'm just totally doing something wrong here.

By the time you got that much reputation, even if you started WS at level 30, and did nothing but that to level up, you would have out-leveled the potential rewards.

It's one thing to have level 50 gear require tons of PvP- you aren't gaining any levels.

It's quite another to have level 35 gear for a faction that you cannot gain rep for until you're level 30 require such ridiculous reptuation.

Am I just miscalculating something here?

Rashira | Threesprings | Defiant | DominateDominion | Cleric | Level 60

Soulwalker

/agreed

Id love to see some more math here, but I am a little shocked how many warfronts I'll have to complete just to get some random leveling blue.

after like 600 wrfrotns you will get the lvl 35 blue boots ? Trion make it good

Champion of Telara

black garden give good notoriety rewards, codex give okish, but in whitefall you only get notoriety for win or flag capture, which is pretty crap, also there are no 25 level whitefall items so you need to get friendly reputation for nothing first, and only then decorated.
    but anyway i got notoriety for my 35 lvl black garden shield and amulet while bein only 30 lvl and on 36 lvl i got honored in caretakers. And those items cost 5 times less than they would cost on non-notoriety pvp vendor, so if you want some faction items you should stick to one-two factions.
    once again, dont even bother gettiong notoriety on whitefall brigade, it literally will take ages.

Maybe that's it, then.

I saw the level 35 staff and boots- though now I have better boots anyway.

Any other PvP vendors sell good staffs? (I can certainly find out when I get back in, of course, just wondering.)

Telaran

Here is the math (beleive me I have done it)

-----------------------------------

In the "Whitefall Steppes" warfront there are two ways to gain noteriety:
    1. Daily + PvP quests
    2. Capturing a flag

(Maximum 300 Noteriety per warfront)

Each time your faction captures a flag you get 100 noteriety with the faction.

This means:
    Friendly: 30 Flag Captures - Quest Noteriety
    Decorated: 130 Flag Captures - Quest Noteriety
    Revered: 330 Flag Captures - Quest Noteriety

------------------

In the Warfront "The Black Garden" you can get noteriety in 3 ways:
    1. Quest Noteriety
    2, For every 100 points a side gets in a warfront you gain 30 noteriety with the faction (I think)
    3. Every time you win a Black Garden you get 100 noteriety with the faction

(Maximum 250 Noteriety per warfront)

--------------------

In the Warfront "The Codex" you can get noteriety in 3 ways:
    1. Quest Noteriety
    2. For every 100 points your faction gets in the warfront you gain 30 noteriety with the faction
    3. Every time you win a "The Codex" you get 100 noteriety with the faction

(Maximum 400 Noteriety per warfront)
    Last edited by Nickboy101; 03-03-2011 at 06:29 AM.
    Tsukasu, Cleric of <Salty>, 4/4 GA, 3/3 IG, 3/5 PBB.

Champion of Telara

the problem is that capturing flag is much harder than gaining 100 points in BG or Codex and you rarely able to catch at least 1 flag if your team sux. and even if you are winning, its rare to get 3 flags to your base. and most of the whitefall matches last 20 minutes. So in Bg you can have something like 600 notoriety per hour avg, but in WS its 100-200 at best
    Last edited by pechkin; 03-03-2011 at 08:05 AM.

As well, both BG and Codex give you 25 rep if you lose. WS, it seems, gives nothing.

Shadowlander

Black Garden actually gives 30 rep per 50 points gained.

i probably do more warfronts than the average player....

by lvl 25 i had the notoriety for the black garden gear,
    by lvl 35 i had the notoriety for the lvl 35 black garden and codex gear,
    i was nowhere near the notoriety required for the lvl 35 whitefall gear, which requires decorated.
    in my opinion its something of an oversight on Trions part that this gear requires decorated for its lowest level gear. it is simply not possible to have decorated by 35. when a player finaly does achieve that rank, they will be closer to 45 or higher.

Telaran

I agree, and sent in a bug report on it.

I level pretty much only on warfronts.
    At 75k favor now and just about to hit 39.
    Despite over 30 wins and even more losses (guardian) in Whitefall Steppes,
    I am only 1/3rd the way to the required reputation with Whitefall Brigade for the gear I am already 4 levels past.

Even if I only did Whitefall Steppes from here on out it, would take me at least 5 more levels. bringing me close enough to level 50 to not even matter anymore.

I cant imagine how long it will take to get revered with them for the upper level gear.

Rift Disciple

They just plain screwed up on the Storm vendor is all - every other vendor, including Scion faction starts thier gear at Friendly. Storm, they started at the next one up. Its wrong, it needs to be fixed, or the PvP gear from this vendor and Warfront will be worthless for everyone by the time you can get it.

Its broke, it needs ot be fixed - report it in game. At the end of every match you run until they get it right. Spam the hell outta them until they fix it. Storm faction vendor needs to start thier gear at friendly like every other warfront faction vendor already does.

Report it!

Rift Chaser

Please fix this. Right now I am loving PVP but I want level appropriate gear for the time I have invested.

+ Reply to Thread