+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any chance....RVR zone w/battle objectives LIke WArhammer?

Default Any chance....RVR zone w/battle objectives LIke WArhammer?

Keeps, catapults, etc?

That would be pretty freaking sweet.

Maybe whoever controls the zone for 6 hours straight can have access to a special instance or something.

Please make it so!
    Not getting enough Lagina? http://www.twitter.com/MysticalEnders
    - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -
    - - - - - - - -- - -- http://www.mysticalenders.com -- - - - - - - - -- -

Telaran

Lots of people agree, there was a 200+ page thread on this topic in the general forums a week or two ago but I think it got locked. Try a search for it. I believe the thread started because a dev was asked in an interview about RvR and he said it was something Trion would consider if the players were asking for it.
    Last edited by narcotico; 03-02-2011 at 03:06 PM.

Shadowlander

Please yes. (I think its in the works...or at least on the drawing table). I hope so.

Don't tie it to PvE though opening another zone...just make it THE zone to go to for a good battle anytime. Throw in a couple castles, some wide open fields and some forests to fight in and go head to head. Make the reward for PvP something PvP oriented - maybe some dynamic events for flair like they gave us with the invasions. They have a lot of fun inspiration throughout the game world they can draw from.
    Last edited by Nightbreeze; 03-03-2011 at 12:51 AM.
    Carebear Conquistadors
    Circi - Eth Cleric
    Masika - Eth Warrior
    Zhara - Kelari Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbreeze View Post
    Please yes. (I think its in the works...or at least on the drawing table). I hope so.

Don't tie it to PvE though opening another zone...just make it THE zone to go to for a good battle anytime. Throw in a couple castles, some wide open fields and some forests to fight in and go head to head. Make the reward for PvP something PvP oriented - maybe some dynamic events for flair like they gave us with the invasions. They have a lot of fun inspiration throughout the game world they can draw from.
    I'd love to see some kind of reward for a faction holding the zone for an extended period. Access to a raid or something like that should work.
    - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -- - - - - - - -

Ascendant

Trion have put these zones into the game already. They're called warfields. If you want open PvP, may I suggest trying a PvP server?

Open RvR like warhammer or dark age of camelot would make this game near on perfect. Ancient wardstones are a nice idea but seem too scattered and PvE orientated. Warfronts are too structured and open world PvP is too scattered. Having something big with a couple of control points around it just within view of two opposing faction quest hubs would be ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by Elth View Post
    Open RvR like warhammer or dark age of camelot would make this game near on perfect. Ancient wardstones are a nice idea but seem too scattered and PvE orientated. Warfronts are too structured and open world PvP is too scattered. Having something big with a couple of control points around it just within view of two opposing faction quest hubs would be ideal.
    Open field + control-points - yep...
    Also have some reason to be there when the zone is quiet/empty... scattered clumps of mobs with butchering drops or giving useful faction, plenty of good gathering nodes, artefacts to collect.. the odd rare named spawn with some desireable drops. Just don't have the zone too full of mobs that theres no room for decent fights without their interference.

Keeps? No thanks - unless they REALLY put the effort into making them interesting and worthwhile, with several ways to get in (and their different appropriate defences to overcome), incentives to control the keep and the ability for defenders to quickly get to a keep under attack...
    WAR got it wrong imho... useless siege, and the only way in being to pve the door.. Mindless.

Soulwalker

If RIFT could incorporate more of the RVR style that DAOC had, I would be 100% in love. Alot of games do it almost right but they forget to give the players a reason and motivation for completing the pvp objectives or for getting involved.

The days of fighting over DF were great

Soulwalker

I agree if it was done in a way similar to DAOC it would rock. Main door break downs and rogues can climb the sides. Some catapults or ballistas to knock down side walls like Lineage 2 would be cool as well.

Rewards such as a bonus for the controlling faction for holding the keep would be cool too. wether it's stat boosts, or unlocks dungeons or something to that affect.

I think that would be a really great idea.

Hartsman said that nothing like WAR or Aion will be put into the game.
    "Meet me in the shadows and I'll show you the depths of darkness"

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Paikis View Post
    Trion have put these zones into the game already. They're called warfields. If you want open PvP, may I suggest trying a PvP server?
    What are warfields? I haven't heard much about them.

Open pvp and RvR are not the same.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Paikis View Post
    I see you like to herp alot, may I suggest you try to derp?

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblemoe View Post
    I see you like to herp alot, may I suggest you try to derp?
    Yep, that guy is a winner.

Im on a pvp server, winner. I like RvR with a goal. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread