+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Feeling Incredibly Weak as a Rogue in WFs

Default Feeling Incredibly Weak as a Rogue in WFs

I don't want to play Sab or Bard.

I'm finding myself consistently losing 1v1s with players 5 levels lower than me, as a Nightblade/Assassin/Riftstalker. I can't imagine it's all on me as the player - obviously there's some fault there, but I can farm monsters my level endlessly and even kill 3 to 4 at a time without any problems. I obviously know how to play my spec properly, however the moment I confront another player it seems like I'm stunlocked/feared/CCed in general and it seems like my class is the only one lacking in these insane amounts of CC. I approached a lone level 30 at half health, while I'm 35 at full health, and he killed me effortlessly, I was stunlocked completely (he was a Warrior) and could do nothing about it.

Are Rogues suffering from the same thing Hunters are in WoW right now? They have the best spec in the game while at the same time the worst spec? Or am I just awful?

With your post history you would feel your class is weak even if they gave you a howitzer.

It's not the class bro, it's the player.

Wait...so now you want bards to have a battery of CC as well?

I face a LOT of bards in warfront groups.

They are far from gimped.

It's not a solo class, it's a support class.

It's not supposed to be good 1 v 1.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

Quote Originally Posted by Vihar View Post
    Wait...so now you want bards to have a battery of CC as well?

I face a LOT of bards in warfront groups.

They are far from gimped.

It's not a solo class, it's a support class.

It's not supposed to be good 1 v 1.
    What? I don't play a bard.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddiursa View Post
    What? I don't play a bard.
    I see that, my bad.

Assassin/Riftstalker is very strong. Not sure why you are having problems...except that you are not "getting the jump" on people as the class is intended to do.

Obviously, if you are squaring off in a duel, you are starting out with handicapping your own class.

Just my .02
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

I don't think rogue need another buff. I play a Necro/Lock/Dom and I've been killed plenty of times by them.
    On the other side of the coin I also have killed many myself. It just depends on the situation. If I see a rogue before he can stealth or we meet on equal grounds I'm confident that I'll end up the victor most of the time assuming everything is equal. However if he catches me off gaurd preoccupied with something else I'm done in couple seconds.

Even with most of my life when a rogue comes out of stealth behind me and stuns, it's pretty much over. The only hope i usually have is to squirrel him and recoup.

Just don't rush into combat with the caster eyeing you.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Teddiursa View Post
    I don't want to play Sab or Bard.

I'm finding myself consistently losing 1v1s with players 5 levels lower than me, as a Nightblade/Assassin/Riftstalker. I can't imagine it's all on me as the player - obviously there's some fault there, but I can farm monsters my level endlessly and even kill 3 to 4 at a time without any problems. I obviously know how to play my spec properly, however the moment I confront another player it seems like I'm stunlocked/feared/CCed in general and it seems like my class is the only one lacking in these insane amounts of CC. I approached a lone level 30 at half health, while I'm 35 at full health, and he killed me effortlessly, I was stunlocked completely (he was a Warrior) and could do nothing about it.

Are Rogues suffering from the same thing Hunters are in WoW right now? They have the best spec in the game while at the same time the worst spec? Or am I just awful?
    You must be doing it wrong. Rogues are strong in pvp actually.

Soulwalker

If you're playing 'sin, make sure you're using expose weakness and your bleed inducing skills.

Also, to reiterate what others have said, as an assassin if you're not starting combat from stealth you're giving up your most powerful skills.

I think Trion has done a good job of balancing the stealth classes this way, we're forced to make a kill then retreat in order to re-stealth. (unless it's just a melee free for all)

Shadowlander

I don't see how you're having much issue unless like the previous poster stated about "dueling". I am MM/Ran/Rift and get my *** handed to me by most melee if they come in stealth and catch me off guard.

Soulwalker

Well dont wanna lose figth vs mages they are terrible underpowered.

Try assassin perma stun lock forever and ever, with 9973'32 reestealths in combat.

Soulwalker

Default ok

Well you can tell no one here has played rogue past 30, I have. My current pvp spec is assassin/rift w/blade for 50%dodge. The main problem with rogue at these levels are the lack of movement/CC breaks. It gets a lot better towards 50 and you become a lot stronger.

It seems everyone on these forums complains about LOW LEVEL PVP. Your melee rogue doesnt get the tools to survive until 40+ and then they become alright. Your dmg will never be on par with a Warrior, Warriors are insanely OP atm. At 44 I too can stunlock a warrior down to 50-60% then when they come out they kick me into a charge and I go from 100%-5 or 10% in 2 seconds, then I die. Hopefully warriors will get nerfed but don't count on it. Warriors always lead damage in all MMO's.

The real messed up thing are ranged warriors. These guys have plate and hit 100% harder then I do from RANGED. Spears hitting me for 600-1k and my best crit on Cloth from ambush is 900ish. They can just spam spears and run around - its out of control. Then again they can also be a champion and kill us in 1 charge so who really cares.

Please just try to wait until lvl 50 before throwing in the towel, or reroll. I went cleric and put my 44 rogue on hold.

Prophet of Telara

Yawn sounds about right.
    Try out those other souls and learn more about each of the rogue souls. I wonder about your point placement for RB/SIN/NB. Any chance you can link your soul build? May find answers for your problems in the Rogue forums, mate.

Shadowlander

Same exact issue here.

I thought it might be because I wasn't using a PvP soul so I went and bought one.

I leveled to 29 and thought i could go bully all those lowbies around in warfronts and instead got my butt handed to me. I even had the drop on a level 23 cleric, I shot him from the defiant side of the vault all the way over to the guardian spawn point (the whole time I was just dumpin on him while he ran) and he never fell below 50% health, basically kited me to the guardian were I then got ganked.

There is a lot of imbalance in the game, I am hoping something will be done about it.

My build is Ranger/Infiltrator/Riftstalker (most all my pts in ranger, 10 pts in infiltrator and riftstalker was taken for the shadowshift only.) I have also tried as ranger/assassin/riftstalker, again most all points in ranger, enough in assasin to stealth and nothing in riftstalker (for the shadowshift)

Plane Touched

Exactly same problem I had, was pwning everyone and topping kills charts as ranger/MM, then got bored of playstyle, respecced sin/melee/melee ( tested many combinations), then I was unable to kill anyone. Melee rogue is basically unplayable at 10-19, 20-29 brackets (havent played any higher), it has no tools, no CC breakers, no survivability CDs. Basically survivability:damage ratio is fcked up. You pop out stealth do 3 hits for 10% of enemys hp, he runs away, they CC focus you ->graveyard -> all over again.

Then I rerolled warrior and I'm pwning their faces once again.

The thing I've found with melee rogues is that they have a lot of potential but they require a lot of points to really shine.
    I've played with the calculator a lot on my down-time and figure I"m going to stay ranger until 30-35ish where I can invest in a good build that mixes damage and survivability.

The play-style is also tough to master, as with any med-armor melee class in any game. You have to learn to be swift and sporatic with your movements. Learn to run away (seriously). Open up, do a lot of damage, and if you can't kill them, high-tail it. That's what this class is about.

Try practicing movement and positioning. When I do rogue in PvP, i run circles around my target. having the fastest weapon speeds is a huge boon. In the time it takes a caster / 2h weapon target to get themselves ready to hit you, you're behind them, interupting their cast/swing and you've also been assaulting them with combo skills and auto attacks the whole time.
    Last edited by Izari; 03-03-2011 at 07:03 AM.

Izziebytes.Net

Major Geekdom Blog

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast