+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Instant cast, no CD Heals are a huge problem.

Shield of Telara TheGreatGoogly's Avatar

Default Instant cast, no CD Heals are a huge problem.

How did this get past alpha exactly?

Tons of instant cast heals that are low power and heal more than anyone elses standard attacks. short CD instant cast heals which heal in the 1000's?!

What exactly is the point of having interrupt skills when they wont even work? I cant tell you how many times I have seen a single cleric soak damage from 5+ people wailing on him. A cleric soaking damage from 1 or 2 DPS is fine. But if they can heal through 3+ people doing straight DPS than there is a huge problem.

IF your a cleric or a Trion fanboy please dont even bother trying to refute or deny there is a problem here. It is so blatant its not even arguable at this point.

Instant cast heals should have a longer CD everytime. They simply should never be on short CD's or no CD at all. Its even unbalancing in PVE to TBH and it is trivializing the content. I can heal any dungeon right now with my lvl 1 Sentinel heal and the Wardens lvl 12 insta cast AE. Its ridiculous.

Please for the love of god Trion add cast timers to most of these heals.

Champion of Telara

healing breath only heals 1k on crits
    purifier healing flare is extremely mana intensive; heals less then sentinel's 2s heal and cost more then 3x the mana.
    druid balm has 15s cooldown
    divine call has 1 min cooldown
    sentinel has 45s spell to make any heal instant cast, but that's 45s not "short" cooldown

you can't heal any dungeon just using sentinel heal as your only direct heal, unless u have secondary healing as well. 8s cooldown is too long for that.

you need to use healing debuffs/stuns and not rely on straight damage to kill healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconbits View Post
    healing breath only heals 1k on crits
    purifier healing flare is extremely mana intensive; heals less then sentinel's 2s heal and cost more then 3x the mana.
    druid balm has 15s cooldown
    divine call has 1 min cooldown
    sentinel has 45s spell to make any heal instant cast, but that's 45s not "short" cooldown

you can't heal any dungeon just using sentinel heal as your only direct heal, unless u have secondary healing as well. 8s cooldown is too long for that.

you need to use healing debuffs/stuns and not rely on straight damage to kill healers.
    So which class has the chain stuns and healing debuffs to counter healers again?

Oh thats right. None do. Unless were talking about 3+ people flawlessly performing in sync to counter one unskilled Cleric spamming instant cast heals. And while the champs did this they were killed by the clerics buddies. Sounds balanced to me....

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatGoogly View Post
    So which class has the chain stuns and healing debuffs to counter healers again?

Oh thats right. None do. Unless were talking about 3+ people flawlessly performing in sync to counter one unskilled Cleric spamming instant cast heals. And while the champs did this they were killed by the clerics buddies. Sounds balanced to me....
    champion with lingering wounds, 2 roots, stunning bull rush, knockback kick for interrupt, snare as well as fear should have no problerm bursting down a cleric provided they use a smart rotation and don't blow all their CC at the same time.

purifier spamming the only spammable instant cast heal is gonna go oom fast as hell, the only thing that drains mana faster (beside dominator and vk) is spamming aoe heal.

btw, 2 classes have mana drain which can completely empty a cleric's mana supply in seconds

You are seriously, seriously overexagurating the issue, like claiming you can heal an entire dungeon with a group hot and a 8s cooldown heal, lol.

stop playing bad, maybe you'll see healers die. You probably ran into a premade and has 2 healers xhealing eachother, or did something silly like the mage chasing me through searing gorge lastnight expecting to kill me while he was detaunted and all my cd's were up.

champion with lingering wounds, 2 roots, stunning bull rush, knockback kick for interrupt, snare as well as fear should have no problerm bursting down a cleric provided they use a smart rotation and don't blow all their CC at the same time.

purifier spamming the only spammable instant cast heal is gonna go oom fast as hell, the only thing that drains mana faster (beside dominator and vk) is spamming aoe heal.

btw, 2 classes have mana drain which can completely empty a cleric's mana supply in seconds

You are seriously, seriously overexagurating the issue, like claiming you can heal an entire dungeon with a group hot and a 8s cooldown heal, lol.

stop playing bad, maybe you'll see healers die. You probably ran into a premade and has 2 healers xhealing eachother, or did something silly like the mage chasing me through searing gorge lastnight expecting to kill me while he was detaunted and all my cd's were up.
    Interesting suggestions. None of which actually work.

Interrupts dont do jack and they are on longer CD's than most fo your heals anyways. Whats the point of knocking back a cleric to interrupt them exactly? So they gain extra time to heal some more before i can run back to them and DPS?

Also roots? Are you serious? The cleric doesnt need to run from me anyways seeing as hopw they can outheal any damage i do to them. In fact the cleric will probably have a damage skill or two and can use that on me inbetween heals and whittle me down because unlike him I dont have any healing skills at all.

So wheres the counter again?

Rift Disciple

What people fail to realize is that in a WFs the cleric is usually receiving more healing than just what they cast on themselves. There are tons of classes that have off-heals and I see them all the time. Also in the 30s bracket, if it is truly just the cleric healing (no bards or anything of the sort) it really is just a 5 sec stun and hes dead.

Champion of Telara

Interesting suggestions. None of which actually work.

Interrupts dont do jack and they are on longer CD's than most fo your heals anyways. Whats the point of knocking back a cleric to interrupt them exactly? So they gain extra time to heal some more before i can run back to them and DPS?

Also roots? Are you serious? The cleric doesnt need to run from me anyways seeing as hopw they can outheal any damage i do to them. In fact the cleric will probably have a damage skill or two and can use that on me inbetween heals and whittle me down because unlike him I dont have any healing skills at all.

So wheres the counter again?

you've blinded yourself from seeing or using any counter. unless theres crosshealing, 1 stun usually means dead cleric if 3 dps are on me. with multiple healers, yes, i get heals from elsewhere to help heal.

and champs kill healers juuuuuuust fine once they get into their 30s. pardon I ask what class you're playing ?

you've blinded yourself from seeing or using any counter. unless theres crosshealing, 1 stun usually means dead cleric if 3 dps are on me. with multiple healers, yes, i get heals from elsewhere to help heal.

and champs kill healers juuuuuuust fine once they get into their 30s. pardon I ask what class you're playing ?
    Champion.

Its how i know your lying.

Champion of Telara

Champion.

Its how i know your lying.
    running around pocket healing my champ/rb friend, we werre dropping anyone and everyone we ran into in gorge lastnight, including healers and even some 2v4 and 2v5s. Just him on dps, me just healing.

Methinks you just are wasting your cc, and probably have a crappy weapon to boot and do **** for dps.

running around pocket healing my champ/rb friend, we werre dropping anyone and everyone we ran into in gorge lastnight, including healers and even some 2v4 and 2v5s. Just him on dps, me just healing.

Methinks you just are wasting your cc, and probably have a crappy weapon to boot and do **** for dps.
    Not even close. Almost all of my gear is Blue and over level 30. I can crit for near 1k and its still not even close to enough to overcome a healer spamming instant cast garbage.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Mundolf View Post
    What people fail to realize is that in a WFs the cleric is usually receiving more healing than just what they cast on themselves. There are tons of classes that have off-heals and I see them all the time. Also in the 30s bracket, if it is truly just the cleric healing (no bards or anything of the sort) it really is just a 5 sec stun and hes dead.

DING DING DING we have a winner. The amount of classes that can heal is just about all. Frequently, my RotF groups we don't even run a pure healer as we usually have so many classes that can off heal that when combined its a breeze...assist tank and stack HoTs from the various people.

Warfronts would be no different, my cleric is DPS specced but I still have Warden and Sentinel souls so if I see someone getting trained I will throw hots on him quickly or my quick CD Sentinel heal. When specced heals and I get caught with no one around I will die to 2 people...1 if they are a good champion.

What you are is probably tunneling the healer and not looking around to see the 5 other toons all tossing Hots/Heals on the one you are trying to burn down.

Rift Disciple

How did this get past alpha exactly?

Tons of instant cast heals that are low power and heal more than anyone elses standard attacks. short CD instant cast heals which heal in the 1000's?!

What exactly is the point of having interrupt skills when they wont even work? I cant tell you how many times I have seen a single cleric soak damage from 5+ people wailing on him. A cleric soaking damage from 1 or 2 DPS is fine. But if they can heal through 3+ people doing straight DPS than there is a huge problem.

IF your a cleric or a Trion fanboy please dont even bother trying to refute or deny there is a problem here. It is so blatant its not even arguable at this point.

Instant cast heals should have a longer CD everytime. They simply should never be on short CD's or no CD at all. Its even unbalancing in PVE to TBH and it is trivializing the content. I can heal any dungeon right now with my lvl 1 Sentinel heal and the Wardens lvl 12 insta cast AE. Its ridiculous.

Please for the love of god Trion add cast timers to most of these heals.
    Heal reducing skills? Oh you must have never heard of them.
    If you want a healing nurf then these skills will also need to be nurfed...which is a dumb idea.
    Trion will not listen to you, they make certain skills for a reason believe it or not.

Soulwalker

Um assassins with the PvP soul for offspec. Redux healing debuff+stuns.

Rift Master

If you can't kill a healer as a Champ you are doing it wrong. Very very wrong.

Champion -50% to heal

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast