+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Request for a change to the Warfront daily quest

Soulwalker

Default Request for a change to the Warfront daily quest

I write this in the forlorn hope that it does not get overrun by trolls and namecalling... thats said... we'll see.

Background:
    I play on the Gnarlwood server, with both Guardian and Defiant characters. My guardian characters wins virtually all Codex runs - my Defiant characters lose similarly (my tabulated stats from the last three days are 21 G wins vs. 2 D wins)

I've read lots of reasons for this - gut says it has to do with healing characters/elements on the Gard side, but that is irrelevant for this post. The fact (as observed from my limited sample) is that Defiant struggle to complete the daily PVP quest, for my cluster. From reading the forum posts, on other servers Guards have similar difficulties.

Request
    Change the quest to accept defeats as well as victories as counting towards the reward - perhaps a point total across multiple games. This would allow Defiants (or Guards where they are 'weaker' on a cluster) to still gain value from the daily quest, without requiring drastic changes.

Note - I'm not asking for nerfing or something drastic - only asking that the 'losing' side can still look forward to a reward if they are repeatedly unsuccessful.

Thanks

Moltrin
    Gnarlwood Server
    Last edited by Sherron; 03-02-2011 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Edit - spelling

Soulwalker

haha sounds like you "gnarl wood" at PvP!

Seriously though, should you really be rewarded for losing?

I can see being rewarded for TRYING but not specifically for losing... how about suggesting a different quest that could be completed independent of which faction wins the warfront, like "deal or heal X-thousand damage in a warfront" as an objective.

Soulwalker

Should one be rewarded for losing? Maybe... I feel that MMOs are designed to reward effort, as well as success. My belief is that by rewarding the effort and the success of gathering points in WF zones, this is taken into account, but avoids an 'all or nothing' mechanic.

I should also note, winners will still gain differential rewards, including higher xp, substantially quicker quest completion etc.

As a side note - I wish it were just that I sucked - but I win with similar consistancy when playing Guardian as I do lose as Defiant. It is a theme I've seen a few times on this forum... but is aside from the point of my post ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Crowbot View Post
    haha sounds like you "gnarl wood" at PvP!

Seriously though, should you really be rewarded for losing?

I can see being rewarded for TRYING but not specifically for losing... how about suggesting a different quest that could be completed independent of which faction wins the warfront, like "deal or heal X-thousand damage in a warfront" as an objective.
    Cause your now playing with Guardian who are clearly better. Welcome to defiant, the side with higher population just means one thing WAY more tunnel vision scrubs who have no strategic bones in their bodies and not one team player amongst them. Put me on the bench of the Phillies and ill win some games sadly I chose wrong and im on the Mets...worst part is...im a Met fan FML.

Soulwalker

M3ga: Much appreciate the reply - I'm going to decipher it as a agreement to changing the quest as you seem to feel that sides are unbalanced...

I should note - how sides are or are not balanced is not the theme I'm trying to find a solution to. My focus is very specifically on making sure there is a fairer time vs. effort vs. reward than I feel currently exists ;)

+ Reply to Thread