+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Healing destroying WF:s

Default Healing destroying WF:s

Right now theres a huge problem with healing in Warfronts.
    It has a to big impact of the outcome.

The team with the most healers wins 90% of the games in WF. You can litterarly have 4-5 people hitting a healer but it wont drop below 90%.

You can debuff that one healer with -inc healing, but the rest of the team will kill your team while your focus firing that healer.

Even the healers in my guild complain about healing beeing to powerful in WF:s. Even if someone dps them down to 30% if they dont notice you attackign them, they heal instantly up to max with one instaheal. This is how it is when Trion nerfs all DPS but buffs all the healing.

Something has to be done to healing in PvP, or what other classes can do to stop it.
    http://sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/rift/sig.php?sig_id=127292

Rift Disciple

You must be talking about the lowbie warfronts in which case I agree but once people get to 39+ there are plenty of specs with 50% heal debuffs and mana drains that make healers completely useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Selo View Post
    Right now theres a huge problem with healing in Warfronts.
    It has a to big impact of the outcome.

The team with the most healers wins 90% of the games in WF. You can litterarly have 4-5 people hitting a healer but it wont drop below 90%.

You can debuff that one healer with -inc healing, but the rest of the team will kill your team while your focus firing that healer.

Even the healers in my guild complain about healing beeing to powerful in WF:s. Even if someone dps them down to 30% if they dont notice you attackign them, they heal instantly up to max with one instaheal. This is how it is when Trion nerfs all DPS but buffs all the healing.

Something has to be done to healing in PvP, or what other classes can do to stop it.
    mm yeah get past lvl 10 or reroll VK
    Last edited by Discoprince; 03-02-2011 at 12:30 PM.

Soulwalker

Cross healing is pretty effective in all PvP games... it's half the basis of "teamwork" (the other half being focus fire).

There are abilities in the game which hurt a characters ability to cast/receive healing, you might want to roll Dominator if you're a Mage or try Void Knight if you're a Warrior.

The best advice I can give though is make friends with some Clerics (or roll one yourself) and get your own healers so PvP doesn't seem so "one sided" to you.

Shield of Telara TheGreatGoogly's Avatar

There are no counters against the instant cast spam healing. None. Zero.

3+ people going full bore DPS on 1 cleric is not an acceptable couunter.

Interrupts are absolutely pointless in PVP since just about every heal ppl use is insta cast. Yet interrupts have CD's....Amazing.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatGoogly View Post

Interrupts are absolutely pointless in PVP since just about every heal ppl use is insta cast. Yet interrupts have CD's....Amazing.
    There aren't that many instant cast heals in the game... but they do all have CD's.

Cleric instant cast heals (note - not HoT's or melee-healing abilities but straight targetable on a friendly instant cast heals):

Cabalist: 0
    Inquisitor: 0
    Druid: 1
    Purifier: 1
    Warden: 3 (although 1 is a 31 point talent and another is the 51 point ability...)
    Justicar: 1 (has more, but are all conditional on using other abilities first)
    Sentinel: 3 (although 1 is the 51 point ability...)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatGoogly View Post

Really?

I beg to differ. Try playing a dominator. Better yet, switch to playing a healer, so after you play a Warfront against me you can come here and QQ about how dominator's need to be nerfed. Healers are always the first people everyone wants to take out, and you want to nerf them??? I suppose you think it would be fun to play Warfronts as a healer that can't out heal your dps, so they can spend the whole time dying, and running back to their comrades to cast a couple heals, before dying again. This is the first game to get it right. Healers should be HARD to kill, otherwise they spend more time doing corpse runs than playing the game. No character should be able to dps a healer to death 1 vs 1. Balance is not every class being able to beat every other class 50% of the time. I see no problem with healing in warfronts. The only problem I see is everbody wants to play DPS all the time. If you look around and everybody on your team is a rogue, and you don't see them strumming a lute, get ready for a butt whooping. That doesn't mean healers need to be nerfed. It just means your team needs a better mix of classes.

And yet everyone is rolling rogues or warriors...hmm. Something seems strange here. Maybe people like killing other's rather than healing their teamates? It would be funny to watch a team full of rogues vs a team of healers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

1. Complain about lack of healing
    2. Roll a healer
    3. Have a 3 hour match
    4. Go back to dps
    5. Never win a match
    6. Go back to 1

People caught in this loop need to learn how to make a noose out of cap5. It's your only way out.

Quote Originally Posted by categoryv View Post
    Really?

I beg to differ. Try playing a dominator. Better yet, switch to playing a healer, so after you play a Warfront against me you can come here and QQ about how dominator's need to be nerfed. Healers are always the first people everyone wants to take out, and you want to nerf them??? I suppose you think it would be fun to play Warfronts as a healer that can't out heal your dps, so they can spend the whole time dying, and running back to their comrades to cast a couple heals, before dying again. This is the first game to get it right. Healers should be HARD to kill, otherwise they spend more time doing corpse runs than playing the game. No character should be able to dps a healer to death 1 vs 1. Balance is not every class being able to beat every other class 50% of the time. I see no problem with healing in warfronts. The only problem I see is everbody wants to play DPS all the time. If you look around and everybody on your team is a rogue, and you don't see them strumming a lute, get ready for a butt whooping. That doesn't mean healers need to be nerfed. It just means your team needs a better mix of classes.
    QFT.
    I've played healers in all sorts of games for PvP and let me tell you something; it blows. It's difficult, stressful, and a pain to master. Oh, and thankless. For every time I get thanked / appreciated for being a healer, I get yelled at 15 times for not being "good enough".

So damn right, if a team has more healers then they have a rightful advantage. And you should have to have some skill to take down a good healer. That means , gasp, not doing faceroll DPS for numbers and actually using tactics.

In some games there are entire builds that don't do damage at all but are focused solely on shutting down healers / casters.

Izziebytes.Net

Major Geekdom Blog

Rift Master

Welcome to PvP in an MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Izari View Post
    QFT.
    I've played healers in all sorts of games for PvP and let me tell you something; it blows. It's difficult, stressful, and a pain to master. Oh, and thankless. For every time I get thanked / appreciated for being a healer, I get yelled at 15 times for not being "good enough".

So damn right, if a team has more healers then they have a rightful advantage. And you should have to have some skill to take down a good healer. That means , gasp, not doing faceroll DPS for numbers and actually using tactics.

In some games there are entire builds that don't do damage at all but are focused solely on shutting down healers / casters.
    QFT.

There are very few times when healers are thanked, and those people that do automatically stick out.

The only time we're really noticed is when someone isn't getting heals.

Rashira | Threesprings | Defiant | DominateDominion | Cleric | Level 60

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by xeshaka View Post
    And yet everyone is rolling rogues or warriors...hmm. Something seems strange here. Maybe people like killing other's rather than healing their teamates? It would be funny to watch a team full of rogues vs a team of healers.
    bard x 3, 1 or 2 melee rogues with heal debuff weapon enchantments, or a ranger with wolf (just in case), rest sabs,

Damn, those clerics can't burst through their healing!

Rogues sure as hell can.

Default Clerics can be dropped

Clerics can actually be taken down. I would say the insane toons to bring down are the Bards. They can be classic to bring down. I have used 2 mana bars worth of damage on a single Bard and he may have had more health after I was done with him than when he started.

Part of the game tho is how I see it. We will figure something out that will balance the game. It is just great to see a Bard with 200k in healing at the end of a BG when the nearest Cleric delt out 50k or so.

Part of the learning curve to a game. I know it has changed our target priorities in a BG. Bard dies and so does the team..

Haps

Assuming healing scales just as well as damage does, it's going to cause serious issues in end game PvP. The simple fact my interrupts don't stop the person from casting that spell is irritating as hell. That would fix a lot of healing issues.

No one's saying healers shouldn't be useful, but when a person can be healed to full in 2-4 heals (which go off at around the same speed as GCD...) then that's just silly.

People say stuff like "wait until level 50" or "yeah but you have healing debuffs". Let me tell you something: They really do jack****. Even with healing debuffs, that healer can usually keep themselves up against a few guys and those guys are usually getting pounded on by the entirety of the enemy team.

1v1 (yes, "game is not balanced 1v1", just be quiet) clerics are impossible to kill unless you're a stunlocking class. That's just silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post
    If queues are still a problem in a month, I will eat my shoes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast