+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Codex should be 500 points rather than 1000, discuss.

Rift Disciple

Default Codex should be 500 points rather than 1000, discuss.

I mean terrain exploiting, crappy placement, and poor design aside. The game really drags on and on.. especially if it's becoming unenjoyable. (i can count the full number of warfronts on one hand, they really concentrated on PvE with this game; even Port Scion is 50/50).

Discuss, do you enjoy the codex as it is.. or should they develop half a brain look at the problems from various fansites and forum users (and if the developers play the game; highly doubtful).
    Adding armour to cloth is a bit like adding a sticker to a backpack for luck. It should offer as less protection as possible. It's cloth... a large pointy sword isn't going to be stopped by it.. compared to leather or plate. It's CLOTH, trion.

Rift Disciple

I think 1000 is a good number for it. Both teams are usually in the 200-300's by the time one side has a good hold on the Codex flag. If they made it 500 max then you wouldn't have a chance to fight back for it.

As is now there is enough time for Codex to flip 3 or 4 times during a match if the team holding does a good job of defending it. Makes it fun knowing you still have a fighting chance after they get it.

The only reason it seems to drag on right now though is a lot of times it's very one side victories but that is because people are still learning the map. Once people get more used to it you will see a lot of good battles. Even the one side battles tick down fast though usually in well under 15 minutes.

I would like to see another way out of the spawn though. The way it is now, once one side starts steam rolling the other there is no way to try to sneak around behind and gain a tactical advantage.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by deplorable View Post
    I mean terrain exploiting, crappy placement, and poor design aside. The game really drags on and on.. especially if it's becoming unenjoyable. (i can count the full number of warfronts on one hand, they really concentrated on PvE with this game; even Port Scion is 50/50).

Discuss, do you enjoy the codex as it is.. or should they develop half a brain look at the problems from various fansites and forum users (and if the developers play the game; highly doubtful).
    I love the codex (defiant here) its brilliant. yeah ok there are ******ed people who dont realise how important the codex flag is, but its really a fun map.

I love all the WFs so far, really nice mechanics.

No I dont want them to change the win cap, I like battles that can go either way, and can massively change given a concerted effort by the team behind.

Quote Originally Posted by deplorable View Post

Codex is now backed with invisible walls, can't exploit the terrain properly anymore.
    Play to Crush.

No. 500 is just lazy and fail.

With 1000 a lot of things ca happen, the game can turn at almost any time

1000 is fine. With only 500, you would have to many people just standing around once the opposing forces get to 350... With a decent group, you can overcome if they other team gets a couple hundred points ahead of you.

Bout to finish the 100 warfront wins achievement and in terms of which warfronts take the longest (Not counting port scion since i'm not 50 yet due to pvping heavily)

Whitefall steppes
    Codex
    Black Garden

Black Garden almost always ends earlier with a 500:100 kinda score and is thus the fastest. Rarely is it a contested battle of 400+ vs 500, and no i'm not running a premade so I lose just as many 500:100s as I win.

Codex is faster then whitefall steppes and slower then garden, regardless of point distribution.

Whitefall steppes almost always times out, and on top of that quite often ties. AND on top of that gives very low rep/time investment.

Codex is fine.

I think 1000 is the right amount for it, it gives the opposition the chance for a fight back.

Id say yes to this just so my terrible defiant pugs would lose faster.

Champion of Telara

BG often ends in a 5 minute mark.
    codex rarely ends before time out.
    whitefall is just meh... boring bul****..
    500-750 codex would make sense, and remove whitefall steppes completely, worthless warfront.
    Last edited by pechkin; 03-02-2011 at 01:09 PM.

Plane Touched

500 point codex would be great for a mindless zerg where you just have a 15v15 at codex and the loser afks.

edit: there are still some issues with the terrain, as a guardian I can get to the defiant high ground at codex much faster than they can get to our high ground. Could use fixing.
    Last edited by Norsu; 03-02-2011 at 01:24 PM.

Shadowlander

Fine as it is, gives alot of opportunity for sway to either faction. Makes it funner lol.

The high ground around the Codex is just stupid and reduces the usefulness of melee players there. It wouldn't be so bad if charge etc could go up walls, but at the minute we just get halfway up, give up and fall back down.

At the very least put a slope about halfway around the high ground so people can get up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anji View Post
    If queues are still a problem in a month, I will eat my shoes.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Autarch View Post
    The high ground around the Codex is just stupid and reduces the usefulness of melee players there. It wouldn't be so bad if charge etc could go up walls, but at the minute we just get halfway up, give up and fall back down.

At the very least put a slope about halfway around the high ground so people can get up.
    Surely you're a Defiant, because Guardians can bumrush us right up from the Codex flag. Not to QQ but it would be nice to be able to do the same to Guardians or change our cliffside to make it balanced, or not, just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Autarch View Post

If you're a warrior who isn't a riftblade, then Sergeant's Order is a must for pvp (Warlord soul).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast