+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The 50 player visibility cap is a double edged sword; cripples world pvp

Default The 50 player visibility cap is a double edged sword; cripples world pvp

Dear Trion Worlds,

First off I'd like to praise you on such a successful and stable launch. I'm sure the 50 visibility limit is helping in this regard.

Last night on Faeblight the queues had finally settled down enough we could get a chunk of our guild on for a group photo. What's a chunk you say? 20, 50, 100, 200 people? Try 350+ online and in Scantum for a group photo (santum didn't crash btw so more kudos). See there this is going?

Besides being impossible to take a group photo and show our guild support for the game due to the 50 visibility cap, we are also one of the most active "Unofficial" WorldPvP guilds in the online community. After we left scantum we took all 350+ down to gloamwood and left the defiant *bent over in uncomfortable positions*.

The 50 visibility made it a living hell for support classes, and personally I don't mind turning down my graphics to medium in order to support more on the screen as I can run this game on "Ultra" settings with a cheap Nvidia GT250. Look, I know the cap is there for a reason and it helps the game, but it's also hurting the game.

In the long run, the 50 visibility cap is going to cripple world pvp. I'm not speaking for my guild but I've got a strong feeling if we try and run any "serious" world pvp events on faeblight it's just going to discourage and frustrate players more than than the fun it will generate for the server until Trion does something or we move on.

Thank you for reading

I would have to agree. People can turn down graphics if needed during intense battles, but please give us the option to have more items on screen at once. It never hurts to provide options as people can choose whether or not they want to use them, but it always hurts to take them away.

Darkfall was a much less optimized and had crappier coding than this game, and my computer (which isn't the greatest) was able to handle 100+ player sieges.

You lower your settings for large-scale fights if needed. Trion shouldn't have it where for the people that can handle these loads, that they don't get to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by xSurface View Post
    It never hurts to provide options as people can choose whether or not they want to use them, but it always hurts to take them away.
    I agree completely.

Damn that's a big guild. Too big IMO, but that's just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

Champion of Telara

Wow are you serious, a visibility cap? This game really took alot of the bad things from warhammer...
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

Soulwalker

That is a HUGE pvp guild on a PvE-RP server.

The OP is probably right though, on shards where world PvP will become the norm (PVP servers) it will be a huge issue.

I hate zerg pvp so no thanks. I wouldn't enjoy the lag either when a group that big went through the zone.

Rift Chaser

Thought this was just my PC cause I had distance whatever is default on High. Makes sense, can see why you're angry. Isn't 350 a bit much? You aren't running a company. It's a guild, but I'm actually thinking of returning my copy now while I still can. Just more things I'm noticing that I'm really not liking.
    Last edited by jca1982; 03-03-2011 at 10:14 AM.

Shadowlander

The guild leader of that guild is most likely a pug zerg leader from WAR imo...

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplainar View Post
    The guild leader of that guild is most likely a pug zerg leader from WAR imo...
    He's a very accomplished individual, the guild hosted and ran world pvp events server wide for 3 seasons in a row and have weekly events planned for Faeblight. It's a mature PG-13 guild of experienced and skilled players spanning the entire history of MMORPGs to date.

Champion

So you're saying not everyone in sanctum can see my epics.....

My name is Larrie. I do not like certain people.
    Co-Leader of <Insert Coin>

Rift Disciple

i didnt know about this cap but i can see how it's gonna be very problematic in large scale world pvp. Please enable an uncapped option for those of us with faster computers or a willigness to turn down the shinies.

Quote Originally Posted by Larrie View Post
    So you're saying not everyone in sanctum can see my epics.....
    No, you're just completely invisible to everyone.

I dont like this ,TRION ,you make a big mistake to let this happen.People should be able to see more range ..50 M is a JOKE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast