+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Abigale, TRION please read this thread regarding the obvious imbalance in CODEX

Default Abigale, TRION please read this thread regarding the obvious imbalance in CODEX

Right, I am fuming with the state of the ridiculous difference in performance between Guardian and Defiant... however I'm going to put aside the pathetic idiots I have had the misfortune to get in to codex with an talk about the actual event... 18 games and 18 losses is a problem though. (inb4 its 'me' it's a team game and although 1 person CAN make a difference it's not that big a difference)

The game is essentially about obtaining and holding the codex node while tagging the other nodes... However the Defiant side of the Codex node is a joke... the 'Mountain' that we can advance on is not defensive at all. It can be scaled by people jumping up it. You can be targeted from the ground and DPS'd from only half way up the path and the Guardians 'kicking my ***' can be healed from the ground...

On the Guardian side, the mountain is not scalable. This means to deal with Guardian on said mountain you have to run around the side to the back, being DPS'd on the way, running out of range of healers and when on top of the mountain you are LOS'd from the healers around the codex 'flag'. Range on the ground can easily be LOS'd and it is generally a massive strategical advantage. The Codex needs remapping. It needs remapping now. Only a tweak but a remap never the less.

Also any guardians flaming, please stay out of it you are just doing what people with an unfair advantage do and denying it. Also can i suggest short range NPC artillery at the spawn points to help with graveyard farming. Not something that one shots advancing enemies but something that beats on them to help forces getting back in to the game and discourage this tactic... it would in fact add to strategy in general.

I like the game, I'm disliking the lack of knowledge and team work on the Defiant side (mutual understanding of the goals seems like something heavily missing) and inb4 'reroll Guardian'... I am actually pretty tempted but I really don't want to be a nut job hell bent on destroying telera. LOL and my guild are Defiant.

I play on Whitefall EU PVP

Soulwalker

Im on defiant side and Ive never lost a codex match. Granted Ive only done like 3-4 matches total. So take it with a grain of salt /shrug

it's not about whether you or anyone else is winning or not. It's literally a strategical disadvantage...

I've seen brain dead teams on both Guardian and Defiant.
    Last edited by Dink; 03-02-2011 at 09:34 AM.

I've seen wins/losses on both sides all through beta. The map has not changed. It boils down to how well people understand how it works and if anyone steps up as a leader before hand. Generally pugs will follow the zerg or follow orders to some extent. The codex ticks for 5 points, the others for 3 points. If one side is turtleing the codex, take the other 3 points and hold them and win (put 1 group at each). They will either have to take the loss and camp the codex or break numbers whihc puts you in a position to assault the codex. Flank from the guardian flag side to come in from the back, not around from the codex, get to the codex first. Lots of ways to skin that cat.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Dink View Post
    I've seen brain dead teams on both Guardian and Defiant.
    ^^^This^^^

I think noone saw what the OP wrote

anyway ...

Guardian here and yes, i felt some of those points that u are saying about the rocks and stuff and it have to be fixed. like the rock jumping on the Vault.

About the GY farming i don't mind, it's part of the game

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by matthew84 View Post
    The game is essentially about obtaining and holding the codex node while tagging the other nodes... However the Defiant side of the Codex node is a joke... the 'Mountain' that we can advance on is not defensive at all. It can be scaled by people jumping up it. You can be targeted from the ground and DPS'd from only half way up the path and the Guardians 'kicking my ***' can be healed from the ground...

On the Guardian side, the mountain is not scalable. This means to deal with Guardian on said mountain you have to run around the side to the back, being DPS'd on the way, running out of range of healers and when on top of the mountain you are LOS'd from the healers around the codex 'flag'. Range on the ground can easily be LOS'd and it is generally a massive strategical advantage. The Codex needs remapping. It needs remapping now. Only a tweak but a remap never the less.
    Quoted the important part.

I've reported this as a bug in beta and made posts about it on forums, no one gives a crap about it until enough people start bringing it up.

Either make both hills non-climbable or make both hills climbable. Problem solved.

And also, from the spawn point, Guardians can "ride up the wall" into the side of the Vault, but the Defiants only way in is to goto the bridge in the center...

But it is mainly about teamwork, communication, and moving. The Codex Map strategy is much like WoW's Arathi Basin BG. Get a group together to defend the Codex Flag and another group to ride around and cap the other flags.

I am Defiant on the Silkweb shard (in a battlegroup with Harrow and Briarcliff ??) and from my stats, we win 60/40 ...
    Last edited by robtest; 03-02-2011 at 10:30 AM.

Prophet of Telara

I wouldn't care if they change it, but I do have to ask:

Who says you have to fight from your "hill"? Wouldn't it be better if your team just went to the Guardian "hill"? And picked up that power up along the way?

What I'm getting at is that this is a small issue, not a big one. Everyone can take advantage of terrain. There is no "theirs" and "ours" when it comes to ground.

Rift Disciple

I'm a Guardian and i've lost some times the codex warfront. 50%-50% of win/lose match.

I've never go into the Defiant voult and i've never see player do that...
    I can see player stand in front of the defiant mountain, but i've never see players go up on the mountain and kill defiant players.

About of the disadvantage of the Defiant... i don't see disadvantage.
    Yes, Trion need to fix that, but it's not a big problem. Some guardian go into your voult? Kick them out!

Some times i've see Defiant come in front of guardian's mountain and kill who come down to defend it's base.

About of the players that you can find in your party... it's not a Trion problem XD
    If you find noob in your group and you lose it's not because fix or other, is because that players was noob.

And about the players, remember that: The number of Defiance that partecipe at the warfronts is mor big than the number of Guardian. Into the event can partecipe a limited number of players, but frequently during the forst 5 minutes of the Codex warfront we're not the top number of partecipant.
    Today i've do a Codex whit only 10 players and we've lost. That's because the Defiance palyers was 15 and we only 10 XD

You can't say "we lose because of that fix" if that fix is only a little fix.

At least, if 5-6 Guardians come up your mountain, you can remember that: Defiance die, more or less, but they increase every time the number of the respowned players. If 5 Guardian find 10 respowning Defiance they will be death XD

And the number of the time that a guardian use that "bug" is limited, i can't think that for 8 on 8 time you've lost because the Guardian are always on your respowning side XD
    It can't be possible.
    (\_/)
    (-)
    (><) <------This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

I enjoy codex as a defiant, why? because I've got Sergeant's Order which lets me pull all those nasty Guardians down to the floor when I give them a right good pummelling.

I read this in the latest Patch notes:

* The Codex: Players should no longer be able to get into the Vault through clever jumping.

Can someone confirm that this stops Guardians from jumping up the cliffs to the Vault?

Quote Originally Posted by Qaedyan View Post
    I wouldn't care if they change it, but I do have to ask:

Who says you have to fight from your "hill"? Wouldn't it be better if your team just went to the Guardian "hill"? And picked up that power up along the way?

What I'm getting at is that this is a small issue, not a big one. Everyone can take advantage of terrain. There is no "theirs" and "ours" when it comes to ground.
    It makes masses of difference to the match. Travel time is an issue and can be important in taking hold. If 1 team has more mobility then they have an unfair advantage in a real war this sort of thing makes an attack successful. I know this isn't real life but what is real is that their is an obvious disadvantage to playing defiant. If premades are getting around it, good for them but the majority of players just drop in and lose to the disadvantage. This could easily be tweaked and then I would moan. If you are guardian and its a small issue it doesn't matter to you, so don't comment...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast