+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Request: Please add collision detection during Warfronts

Shadowlander

Exclamation Request: Please add collision detection during Warfronts

(I started this thread in the General forum, but since we now have a PvP forum I thought I'd recreate it here)

I don't expect collision detection to be implemented in open-world PvP, but it would at least be nice to have it during Warfront matches. This running through players like they were ghosts is ridiculous and a chaotic mess. Adding collision detection will add a much-needed level of strategy to PvP.

Agree or disagree?

Banned

Please add collision detection to ALL pvp

Agreed.

Collision detection should be between opposing forces only.

I would like to see it in all PVP situations.

eh .
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

/signed

Please add collision detection to all PvP.

I agree, the ability of building an actual tank wall gives a better handle of the field and it forces players to use tactics and not just mindless jumping all over a target and smashing a keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedrob View Post
    I agree, the ability of building an actual tank wall gives a better handle of the field and it forces players to use tactics and not just mindless jumping all over a target and smashing a keyboard.
    Also all spells/abilities should auto-miss if your in the air.

Cut down on the jumping.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedrob View Post
    You're confused, it's not mindless at all. Just looks that way to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

Prophet of Telara

If this is added you do know that escape via run speed and even slows to an extent will become less powerful.

In Guild Wars factions it was about not being boxed in. You had to constantly watch the players around you to make sure you had an exit strategy. Near an object and your likely to be boxed in by 3 opposing players.

I'm not sure this is needed. Your argument is simply it's a chaotic mess? Not enough to sway me given the above which can be a coordinated mess. You will have melee trains popping players left right and centre. Doesn't take much to box someone with melee.

If all souls had KB's maybe this could work but the dynamic currently in Rift I think goes farther to support no collision detection.

Shadowlander

Well it's more than just Warfronts are a chaotic mess. There's no strategy really. There's no cooperation, shield walls, protecting the squishies, etc. Everyone is standing or jumping through each other making targeting friend or foe a nightmare. I think it would be a "cleaner" fight (and a lot more fun) if collision detection was implemented.

Champion of Telara

add this plz

Soulwalker

While I absolutely agree with -- collision detection should be in the game, I have 1 thing to say about it. This is the warhammer engine and anyone who played it knows they buggered up the code for collision detection in it. Warhammer used to chug when too many people showed up and collision detection was on.

Personally I can deal with the lack of it as long as there isn't game freezing lag like there was in War
    Last edited by Luarrel; 03-02-2011 at 05:51 PM.

Telaran

Collision detection is what made Warhammer so fail for large-scale pvp.

Anytime there was more than 15 players on the screen at a time, the engine would start failing hardcore. IMO leave it the way it is, computers aren't powerful enough yet.

Shadowlander

Here's why its a bad idea
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-rl3RPC_Mw

I laugh really hard watching this...

Soulwalker

Adding collision detection to this game it is a bad bad idea.

The classes were designed without it. If you were to add it, it would take a complete overhaul of the classes and abilities.

If you want collision detection, go play one of the other games that has it... ...oh wait, they suck.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast