+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP Graveyard Rushing!

Default PvP Graveyard Rushing!

On PvP Servers especially, if you get into a fight within a few levels of yourself and die, the auto respawn rush mentality has got to go. Graveyard are inherently ALL over the zone to prevent long corpse runs, but when you are fighting for a RIFT solo/grouped and you are getting rushed from the same guys over and over and over because there is no penalty really needs to be looked at.

Suggestions:

PvE - Graveyard spawns are fine if you want to put them all over the zone. This is how it is currently implemented.

PvP - Specific Rez points (Protected to prevent GY camping) at the far end of the zone. (You should only be sent here if the player/s that kill you are within your level range. Level 50s rolling around level 30 zones by themselves GY Rushing you as you are trying to close RIFTS is pathetic, but honestly I don't mind it. What I do mind is having to kill the raid level 50 player 10-15 times before he just called in more of his high level buddies to control the zone. Again, if they want to control the zone that's fine, but if the lowbies (30's for example) pull together and defeat them, we shouldn't have to see there face in 5 seconds after we kill them.
    "I always wanted to play a PvP game where nobody dies." - Rift PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Cal_KC View Post
    On PvP Servers especially, if you get into a fight within a few levels of yourself and die, the auto respawn rush mentality has got to go. Graveyard are inherently ALL over the zone to prevent long corpse runs, but when you are fighting for a RIFT solo/grouped and you are getting rushed from the same guys over and over and over because there is no penalty really needs to be looked at.

Suggestions:

PvE - Graveyard spawns are fine if you want to put them all over the zone. This is how it is currently implemented.

PvP - Specific Rez points (Protected to prevent GY camping) at the far end of the zone. (You should only be sent here if the player/s that kill you are within your level range. Level 50s rolling around level 30 zones by themselves GY Rushing you as you are trying to close RIFTS is pathetic, but honestly I don't mind it. What I do mind is having to kill the raid level 50 player 10-15 times before he just called in more of his high level buddies to control the zone. Again, if they want to control the zone that's fine, but if the lowbies (30's for example) pull together and defeat them, we shouldn't have to see there face in 5 seconds after we kill them.
    In age of conan, you can cycle through all the rez points in the zone and pick one further away. They can't camp them all.

Rift Disciple

selecting the revive point will create isntantaneous travel throgh death.

Grave camping is a problem and it will make people leave the game or not participate in open world pvp. I know the ideal position is to call in more to clear the area but that is not always viable. I would suggest that if a enemy faction gets closer than XX to a reviv point (35m as is the longest ranged attack?) they get auto tranfered to a random reviv point of their own.

Unfortunetly there willl always be those guilds that enjoy ganking those at a reviv point as there are not any penelties for spawn camping and the way spawning works with 1 hour calls to bind it makes a horrible situation. I am not for any kind of immunity but I am for anyone respawning being able to at least buff and a chance to remove temselves from teh area. Twice i have been ganked repeadedly at the spawn point and my choice was to leave the computer or wait for the situation to change. It was not pleasing.

Don't add immunity but do add a chance to remvoe yourself from the area either by the suggestion above or decreasing the call to bind or allowing a chance to revive normally or at your bind point.

+ Reply to Thread