+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [PvE Ruleset] Does AoE on NPC with nearby PCs flag you for PvP?

Default [PvE Ruleset] Does AoE on NPC with nearby PCs flag you for PvP?

I play Defiant on a PvE ruleset server. I'm at the point where I'm often battling rifts in contested areas and both Defiant and Guardians are fighting the NPCs. What I'm wondering is if the Guardians are near my targeted NPC and I hit it with an AoE or multi-target skill, will the skill hit the other faction as well and flag me for PvP (assuming I'm not already flagged)? And if so, is that only if the enemy faction is already flagged for PvP or either way? Just like to be prepared for what I'm getting into, especially if I'm the only Defiant there with a packful of Guardians.

Plane Walker

If you AE into a bunch of the opposite faction, the AE ability won't hit them unless they have flagged themselves for PvP. If they have flagged themselves for PvP, and the AE hits them, then you will be flagged for PvP for 5 min. If no one is already flagged for PvP, then the AE simply won't affect them and you will be fine. But, there is *usually* someone flagged in a large crowd, so use abilities with caution if your outnumbered hehehehe.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by RavingLunatic View Post
    If you AE into a bunch of the opposite faction, the AE ability won't hit them unless they have flagged themselves for PvP. If they have flagged themselves for PvP, and the AE hits them, then you will be flagged for PvP for 5 min. If no one is already flagged for PvP, then the AE simply won't affect them and you will be fine. But, there is *usually* someone flagged in a large crowd, so use abilities with caution if your outnumbered hehehehe.
    I dont think I could have explained it better

+ Reply to Thread