+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Whoever is in charge of pvp please I beg of you, turn off player tagging in world pvp

Default Whoever is in charge of pvp please I beg of you, turn off player tagging in world pvp

These are people, not mobs.
    Tagging is a mechanic intended to stop kill stealing in pve.
    It makes no sense that a mob can tag a player and then if I kill them I get no credit for a kill.
    Also in large group pvp if I'm assisting other players with heals, Cc and Dps should I not also get credit for the kills with the rest of them?

This tagging system is ruining my world pvp, everytime I attempt to fight someone they aggro a mob or another group (that's locked) tags them and I get no credit for helping...

If anyone else agrees that this mechanic has no place in world pvp please post in this thread.

I'm generally upset that this mechanic was left in the game after extensive testing.

Just a clarification I'm speaking of players going gray stats in world pvp not of self pvp flagging.

Just wanted to toss that out there because in becoming worried with the lack of responses.

Plane Touched

This seems to be good anti ganking mechanics, why would they 'fix' it? Its simple - If you are skillless lame that cant 1v1 properly, without the mobs involved, then you dont deserve an reward.

The problem is, they stay gray for a long time after killing the mob. Or if they get tagged by a different player and manage to escape they keep the tag for a while meaning if you find them you get no reward.

Favor should be granted similar to renown in WAR, based on how much of the kill your group contributed to (either pure dmg done to the target or similar to rift/invasion contribution mechanic). That way you still get less if the player was on low health from a mob but you avoid the problem of players staying gray.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zax1 View Post
    This seems to be good anti ganking mechanics, why would they 'fix' it? Its simple - If you are skillless lame that cant 1v1 properly, without the mobs involved, then you dont deserve an reward.
    ^^
    never world pvped

not only does gray state not stop ganging but 95% of players jn world pvp are gray. I have seen whole groups of enemy players on mounts and gray. I have been attacked by gray player, killed them and did not get reward.

PLEASE PLEASE remove this.

Also if you don;t wanna get ganged, look the hell around when pveing or go to a pve server

Try fighting out in the world and not have mobs end up in any of your fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by xeshaka View Post
    Try fighting out in the world and not have mobs end up in any of your fights.
    It totally different when he aggros during the fight than if you gank him at 5% hp, dont you think?

Im all for world pvp, but some anti ganking mechanics has to stay (altho they could be adjusted), else it becomes an mindless kill-on-sight zergfest aka Age of Conan etc.

Banned

It totally different when he aggros during the fight than if you gank him at 5% hp, dont you think?

Im all for world pvp, but some anti ganking mechanics has to stay (altho they could be adjusted), else it becomes an mindless kill-on-sight zergfest aka Age of Conan etc.
    Try world pvp before posting, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Coins View Post
    Try world pvp before posting, you clearly have no idea what you are talking about
    You clearly are looking for free kills/favor in world pvp. Getting your a.s.s kicked much in WFs?
    Last edited by Zax1; 03-02-2011 at 06:53 AM.

Plane Touched

That's why you carebear types have PVE servers to hide in.

This mechanic needs to be looked into on the PVP servers.

You clearly are looking for free kills/favor in world pvp. Getting your a.s.s kicked much in WFs?
    Wow, you're so cool man. Can I be your friend? For real? Actually most WF are zergfests that require little skill. I spend a lot of time hunting by myself in open world pvp and it is way more challenging. Nice try though. Any more baseless demeaning comments you would like to add?
    Last edited by xeshaka; 03-02-2011 at 07:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyLarry View Post
    That's why you carebear types have PVE servers to hide in.

This mechanic needs to be looked into on the PVP servers.
    I pvp in MMO games since 1999 or so. Im definitely not pve player. I would uninstall game after one day of playing on PVE serv. And I still think and I know it from experience that allowing FFA type pvp with no rules and with rewards from kills LEADS TO: 'ghost town' zones. Do we want it?

Banned

I pvp in MMO games since 1999 or so. Im definitely not pve player. I would uninstall game after one day of playing on PVE serv. And I still think and I know it from experience that allowing FFA type pvp with no rules and with rewards from kills LEADS TO: 'ghost town' zones. Do we want it?
    Warfronts and instance pvp is what is wrong with MMOs.... why play on a PvP server if you want to pvp in warfronts...

I think you rolled on the wrong server bro because looking around and being aware of your surroundings is too hard.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Coins View Post
    Warfronts and instance pvp is what is wrong with MMOs.... why play on a PvP server if you want to pvp in warfronts...

I think you rolled on the wrong server bro because looking around and being aware of your surroundings is too hard.
    I play WFs mostly because its the only form of fair pvp currently. Always roll on pvp server in hope to meet some pvp orieted players willing to 1v1 or GvG, but its almost non existant nowdays. I dont consider ganking as form of PvP. Thrions devs thinks obviously the same, looks like.

BTW Give me lineage2's flagging/pvp system to any new game and I'll world pvp any day and night.

Banned

I play WFs mostly because its the only form of fair pvp currently. Always roll on pvp server in hope to meet some pvp orieted players willing to 1v1 or GvG, but its almost non existant nowdays. I dont consider ganking as form of PvP. Thrions devs thinks obviously the same, looks like.

BTW Give me lineage2's flagging/pvp system to any new game and I'll world pvp any day and night.
    lol linage 2 had such a carebear system.... as a red you couldnt even defend yourself as if you did you went more red.

You like carebear protect me pvp.... others like real pvp.

We disagree

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast