+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Please add a Target Nearest Enemy Player option ,back me up on this PvPers

Telaran

Default Please add a Target Nearest Enemy Player option ,back me up on this PvPers

This has already been posted here http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...41#post1445341 however I feel that it needs to be posted here also.

As the title states , I would love to see a Target Nearest Enemy Player option added. Reaction time is a huge part of PvP , having this targeting option makes a big difference when it comes to how quickly you can react.

It's a simple request and makes a huge difference in PvP, no one likes tabbing through multiple things when attempting to target a player. Especially when you need to react quickly. Is normal targeting always an issue? No. Do you always target random things before you get the player you want, No. But it does happen ,giving us a way to eliminate the "some times" is a big deal.

If you don't understand why having a specific bind to target ONLY players is important then you probably don't PvP much. If you do PvP a lot and cannot understand why it's important then I don't know what to say to you.

Please show some support on this people and maybe we'll see it added in the next week (wishful thinking I know). It should not be a big deal for them to add this and IMHO it would actually prove that they care about the PvP community if it's added swiftly. Sure there are other PvP related issues that need attending to, but this is a step in the right direction.

-drik

This is a negative. I'll try not to be rude when I say this but...stop being lazy and click+select your target.

Quote Originally Posted by Smug View Post
    This has already been posted here http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...41#post1445341 however I feel that it needs to be posted here also.

As the title states , I would love to see a Target Nearest Enemy Player option added. Reaction time is a huge part of PvP , having this targeting option makes a big difference when it comes to how quickly you can react.

It's a simple request and makes a huge difference in PvP, no one likes tabbing through multiple things when attempting to target a player. Especially when you need to react quickly. Is normal targeting always an issue? No. Do you always target random things before you get the player you want, No. But it does happen ,giving us a way to eliminate the "some times" is a big deal.

If you don't understand why having a specific bind to target ONLY players is important then you probably don't PvP much. If you do PvP a lot and cannot understand why it's important then I don't know what to say to you.

Please show some support on this people and maybe we'll see it added in the next week (wishful thinking I know). It should not be a big deal for them to add this and IMHO it would actually prove that they care about the PvP community if it's added swiftly. Sure there are other PvP related issues that need attending to, but this is a step in the right direction.

-drik
    Hey bro... there is a smart target option under the Interface settings... it helps a lot... it targets the nearest enemy if you activate skills...
    >^.^< Solidfaith (Dio) >^.^<

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by tubelight View Post
    This is a negative. I'll try not to be rude when I say this but...stop being lazy and click+select your target.
    I'm pretty convinced you have absolutely no idea what I'm asking for, because that reply was just ...not to be rude, stupid.

It has nothing to do with being lazy at all. In fact its quite the opposite since I/we would have 2 keybinds for targeting. 1 for players and one for everything else.

Wow did not have this at first, added it later and it was amazing. No more totem target spam or pet spam.

Aion did not have this at first ,added it later and it was amazing.No more tabbing through 4000 mobs or pets.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Solidfaith View Post
    Hey bro... there is a smart target option under the Interface settings... it helps a lot... it targets the nearest enemy if you activate skills...
    I'll give it a whirl, but this to me still seems like a very simple request. Thanks for the tip.

Soulwalker

was wondering if the targeting changed somewhat since the beta period. Seems to be a little worse, specially if you're playing a mage. For some reason it seems to like acquiring targets that are no where near you even though there is a target right in front of you that is hacking away at you.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Aliciakeys View Post
    was wondering if the targeting changed somewhat since the beta period. Seems to be a little worse, specially if you're playing a mage. For some reason it seems to like acquiring targets that are no where near you even though there is a target right in front of you that is hacking away at you.
    Personally I feel that the targeting hasn't changed much

I'm pretty convinced you have absolutely no idea what I'm asking for, because that reply was just ...not to be rude, stupid.

It has nothing to do with being lazy at all. In fact its quite the opposite since I/we would have 2 keybinds for targeting. 1 for players and one for everything else.

Wow did not have this at first, added it later and it was amazing. No more totem target spam or pet spam.

Aion did not have this at first ,added it later and it was amazing.No more tabbing through 4000 mobs or pets.
    I understand fully what it is you are asking for. You want "easy mode" targeting in PvP. Just because WoW and Aion did it is not an excuse to say it should be there in RIFT as well. Honestly I would love to see tab targeting completely removed from PvP. It adds more elements to PvP because the environment can be used as an advantage which simply fails when I can tab and find which rock you are hiding behind.

Not talking about PvE here, only PvP.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by tubelight View Post
    I understand fully what it is you are asking for. You want "easy mode" targeting in PvP. Just because WoW and Aion did it is not an excuse to say it should be there in RIFT as well. Honestly I would love to see tab targeting completely removed from PvP. It adds more elements to PvP because the environment can be used as an advantage which simply fails when I can tab and find which rock you are hiding behind.

Not talking about PvE here, only PvP.
    I agree that needing to aim your spells and or attacks would be far better than a tab targeting system, and a lot more fun imo you're still completely 100% missing the point here. I never asked for anything to be easy mode, I'm far from lazy.

Having this option is simply put efficient ,if you're a 1 dimensional PvPer that only focuses on whats directly in front of you then sure this option probably wouldn't benefit you much. But if you're not then its benefits should be very obvious.

Situational awareness eliminates finding what rock someones hiding behind too, its not something a targeting system magically does for you.

current targeting system helps pet classes a bit, I feel like when I tab target pets get priority. I am not sure if it is working as intended, but to me changing it would trivialize the use of pets.

Soulwalker

Thumbs up bump

-drik
    Absolutely Supporting this wish Bump YES YES YES Drik thinks farther thanks pal m8
    shadowdragon77

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Nihlus View Post
    current targeting system helps pet classes a bit, I feel like when I tab target pets get priority. I am not sure if it is working as intended, but to me changing it would trivialize the use of pets.
    Pets shouldn't be tab fodder honestly, I think the lack of micromanagement with pets in this game is disturbing and quite boring however their main advantage isn't that someone will accidentally target them.

Hell they're basically fire and forget seeing as they don't leash , or I've yet to see one leash playing most of the beta till now.

Either or ,my request remains

Champion of Telara

Is this not what the F6 command does?

It targets nearest enemy always. You can just rebind it to tab.

Personally didn't like it. I would like to see smarter targeting, "nearest" isn't always what I want, and you can't cycle with the F6 one. So you get pets alot and get stuck on them.
    Last edited by perlfreak; 03-02-2011 at 04:52 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by perlfreak View Post
    Is this not what the F6 command does?

It targets nearest enemy always. You can just rebind it to tab.

Personally didn't like it. I would like to see smarter targeting, "nearest" isn't always what I want, and you can't cycle with the F6 one. So you get pets alot and get stuck on them.
    No , normal "tabbing" does not prioritize a player target over an npc or pet. If you're in a mob dense area or fighting mobs for example you cant guarantee that your tab target will actually select a player rather than another mob.

Which brings me back to the reaction time comment I made, if you see someone coming to gank you and or need to switch targets mid fight for an interrupt , cc etc you can't count on your tab getting the player you want opposed to something else and react accordingly. It makes for a better targeting system and allows players to be more efficient in what they're attempting to do.

Again, this is just something that myself and I'm sure many other PvPers / regular joe's would love to see added. Any thing to make a game better is a good thing, it's not easy mode or lazy its just simply better.

Plane Touched

I support this! Really things like that + camera spin limits my pvp skills so much. I would play 50% better if game controlls werent against me.

This could to be implemented with an option to: [x] ignore mobs/pets [x] ignore totems... ops wrong games -.-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast