+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Consistent Guardian wins vs Defiant [rant warning] issue

Arrow Consistent Guardian wins vs Defiant [rant warning] issue

I don't see Guardians actually play better, still same number of people pig hunting on both teams. What I do see is Defiants die much easier. Could be a lack of healers, that's often why I die in a group, - it's all melee

So.. without too much ranting.. I'd like to see the stats for total wins / losses over all warfronts games so far. It won't happen ofc, though we know the outcome. Surely this should be a red flag to investigate the reasons. It's not like every pvp player would naturally choose the guardian faction, or roll clerics, so ... nope not going so speculate why. Trion, please investigate. I can see that there may be a chance more tanks / healers than assassins roll Guardian than rogues. Maybe the dev team have some Godly Bias? that wouldn't work long term surely.

One issue we have now is gear acquisition, the guardians that play, now have gained far more favor, and items, points in pvp souls if they go that way. So they accelerate at an unfair pace.

So, while not a suggestion to nerf anything, or some whiny QQ, post please please please, Trion Team simply investigate the reasoning. There's many who want to know

Can't bring myself to go pray in the land of faeries and mushrooms.

Back to the battle, winning 10% is better than 0%

Perhaps the solution is to have an option to have some form of organized recruiting system to help balance parties with the classes people want - that is, as well as the current solo and group joins, since such group forming would take longer. An advantage, it would also help the idea of team play and organization across random groupings.

Grr had to say that twice

I only lost I think it might have been 3 warfronts ever as a defiant and tied 1 so I'm not sure what you're talking about.
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

Quote Originally Posted by MopDaddy View Post
    I only lost I think it might have been 3 warfronts ever as a defiant and tied 1 so I'm not sure what you're talking about.
    And elephants are purple with wings.
    Last edited by Ffionn; 03-02-2011 at 02:40 AM.

My personal statistics are 6 wins from 7 games... not a huge sample I must admit, but still a strong win percentage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ffionn View Post
    And elephants are purple with wings.
    So you lied and this is all a troll thread?
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

did you not read the title?

Probably bowling for the wrong team too.

Trolling is adding useless wordage to a thread that doesn't provide any helpful information relative to the post, or even irrelevant to the topic. If you want to talk, have ago at being constructive, you don't have to agree, neither do you have to be an self-important read [World's Best PvP Bard] accusatory childish troll.
    Last edited by Ffionn; 03-02-2011 at 02:59 AM.

Rift Disciple

wait... are you trying to get guardians nerfed because you loose in pvp? Guardians complain that defiants outnumber them all the time....

so i am confused....

guardians are always outnumbered but always win? oh... yeah... -gives the fist- Guardian powa!

Quote Originally Posted by Lobos GoreFang View Post
    wait... are you trying to get guardians nerfed because you loose in pvp? Guardians complain that defiants outnumber them all the time....
    Guardians certainly do not outnumber defiant on the grouping that includes Briarcliff, defiant have almost instant queue for warfronts there.

so i am confused....

guardians are always outnumbered but always win? oh... yeah... -gives the fist- Guardian powa!
    No that's why I clearly said "So, while not a suggestion to nerf anything". I'm asking to discover the reasoning based on the statistics only Trion can know for sure.

Shadowlander

I believe this is a case of noticing your losses more than your wins. Both sides are the same, so you can't really complain about anything class specific here; and warfronts are typically very balanced, so you can't complain about being outnumbered.

I do a lot of pvp, and yes, I sometimes have a losing streak, and sometimes have a winning streak. Just two nights ago there was only three wins the entire night, and was pretty pissed off; though the night before, I only had one loss. It fluctuates constantly. And yeah, I noticed the night I had warfront loss after warfront loss more than the night my side was winning constantly, but had the foresight to not qq about it.

If noticing your losses more than your wins isn't the case, then you're probably just having some miserable luck.
    Last edited by Kelansan; 03-02-2011 at 03:13 AM.

Champion

so i am confused....

To be honest, TOnite I noticed a trend.. Seemed like the gaurdians always seemed to start out with 5-6 players while we (defiants) had like 3 at the beginning. This lasted until more ppl would que, but I think it is unfair to have one team start out with so few players and the other team have double the players.

Maybe they need to fix this, could be an issue with premades quing up and instead of balancing the players it puts the whole group in even if the other side does not have as many ppl.

At any rate, the gaurdians seem to win an awful lot.. I doubt it is all just skills. Something is going on I am sure.
    Originally Posted by Rawne
    Awww, are we resorting to insults?

And here was me thinking we could bestest friends and skip through fields of corn on a summers day.

Now i'm at a loss what to do, should I fly into a nerd rage and hurl insults back, slope off into a corner crying tears of frustration due to someone i'm never likely to have the pleasure of meeting saying mean things to me on a forum, cancel my pre order due to random stranger hinting that I may "sux at my class" because I didn't bother to check my dps while playing a beta for 2 days (because it's a new game ... my dps at this stage means so much it's like a burning pain in my chest) or do I offer the hug of joy and forget about it all......

Ahh the choices.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kelansan View Post
    If noticing your losses more than your wins isn't the case, then you're probably just having some miserable luck.
    Maybe so lol.... I played around 100 warfronts, with the same results, win as Guardian, loose as Defiant, having played both Guardian and Defiants. Thus it's little to do with QQ, since I can always log in Guardain and win, and more to do with imbalance, and equally nothing to do with how my contribution affects the outcome. It's not 100% loss, my point is they win more.
    Last edited by Ffionn; 03-02-2011 at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasica View Post
    Guardians certainly do not outnumber defiant on the grouping that includes Briarcliff, defiant have almost instant queue for warfronts there.
    Has nothing to do with specific servers because warfronts are cross-server.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast