+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how Favor works in warfronts?

Telaran

Default how Favor works in warfronts?

Basically I've been playing with my friends doing a lot of different war fronts and we've been trying to figure out how favor is distributed among the participants. A cleric who held the fang longer than I did, had more kills, more killing blows, less deaths, and over 10k more heals than me received less favor than I did.

If this information has already been posted I'm sorry for asking but we would really like to know.

Champion of Telara

It's stupid.

My last game was Black Garden. I had 13 killing blows, many more regular kills, 6 carrier kills and I held the fang for awhile. We lost the match like 500-380.

I was DEAD LAST in favor. I got a total of 53 favor for all that work.

Meanwhile, half my team is off just killing whatever(the other half was my guild, the reason we got 380pts), not doing what they are supposed to be, and they get double the favor.

And it happens match after match after match. I defend the codex, I get least favor. Meanwhile people who just run around clueless chasing people and so on are racking up on the favor.

Of course, if we win then we get alot more favor. But I can still count on being dead last in favor for my team.

It's the same bullcrap in other places too. Take a rift and contribution. If I play for "real" and try, then I get crappy contribution. But I can sit there and spam certain abilities and be #1 in contribution easily.

On my Rogue when I go Riftstalker I tend to get in the top 3 for favor. I do not have that many killing blows and I end up about halfway down the list for damage done. What I tend to top is Damage taken and I tend to die the least. I think I'm going to start writing down everything and try and figure out their algorithm.
    Tyamin
    <Tuatha Dea>
    Level 31 Guardian Rogue
    Sunrest

Kidael
    <Tractus Apparatus>
    Level 16 Defiant Warrior
    Faeblight

Stop Losing! - a RIFT Warfront strategy blog (Black Garden Basics Posted!)
    @StopLosingRIFT - Official RIFT Twitter for Stop Losing!.

Soulwalker

Your level has alot to do with how favor is gained... What our your levels?

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zewi View Post
    Your level has alot to do with how favor is gained... What our your levels?
    Makes alot of sense as they buff everyone who is lower level.

I'm 29, so that's probably why.

Awful.

Telaran

We were mainly between level 17-19. We just did some more as level 20-22 and we're near the top in favor which is weird cause we haven't changed our strategy because it helps the team win which means we get more xp and favor even if we're the bottom on favor on our team.

Quote Originally Posted by YokosukaNinja View Post
    We were mainly between level 17-19. We just did some more as level 20-22 and we're near the top in favor which is weird cause we haven't changed our strategy because it helps the team win which means we get more xp and favor even if we're the bottom on favor on our team.
    If your 19 and killing lvl 10s of course your not gonna get as much favor. but if your 20-22 and killing 29s you get more favor.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Phantam View Post
    If your 19 and killing lvl 10s of course your not gonna get as much favor. but if your 20-22 and killing 29s you get more favor.
    I don't think it should matter since it's favor we are talking about rather than xp, and they get buffed a bit when they go into the warfront.

It seems a problem to me when the level 10 is getting more favor than the 19, especially when the 19 is doing quite a bit more towards winning.

Champion of Telara

yep, total bullcrap, its not how you perform in wf that means, but only if you win or lose mostly. had a match with 500/499 score on BG, we got like 500 favor and lose team 100-50, thats crap of bull really.
    and people of our team who just joined due to leavers and did nothing still get high favor/xp just for they are in winning team.
    Last edited by pechkin; 03-01-2011 at 09:36 PM.

If you are lowest level in the bracket you will get tons of Favour. I can be on top of almost everything on level 29 and still get crappy favour points.

I think favour should be more distributed based on your performance. I would say 50% from winning or losing and 50% from performance. Currently it is 80% or more depending if your side wins or looses and the rest (less than 20%) from something that is hard to understand.
    Last edited by janarick; 03-02-2011 at 04:35 AM.

Champion of Telara

I hit level 30, went into a warfront and I was 1st place in faction. Getting way more faction than people who were 39 and doing a bit more than I was for obvious reasons.

Messed up.

Rift Chaser

Yup its level adjusted.

I was lvl 19, Our side won. I was ranked:

#1 Kills
    #1= Killing Blows
    #2= Least Deaths
    #3 Damage Done
    #2 Lowest Damage Taken
    #7 Longest carry of Fang

My reward was the lowest favor for our side...
    I'm lvl 30 now and loving the warfronts because I get loads of favor for doing almost nothing.

I was level 19 and still getting top 3 favor in Warfronts. I think killing blows makes a big difference for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

+ Reply to Thread