+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Identifying Opponents in PvP

Shadowlander

Default Identifying Opponents in PvP

Not sure what the intention is, but with the Soul System, I have an insanely hard time IDing what class I am fighting, I can somewhat differentiate the 4 archtypes now, but these days, the buffs/debuffs are so excessive, and not as simple as other mmo buff/debuff icons, I can't seem to get a firm grasp on my opponent.

At first, this was annoying, but now I kind of like it...

In a way, you don't have iconic "classes" in real warfare so in PvP its somewhat refreshing to not instantly know what I'm fighting.

Thoughts?

Soulwalker

i agree. i like not knowing exactly what theyre capable of. it fits well with the anit-cookiecutter class system weve got here.

I think it's a good thing. Some doubt and guesswork add some spice to the mix. Its good that when two sides engage in a warfront it's not immediately obvious who the healers are, who the dps is and so on. Even a warrior with a shield isn't necessarily a tank.

Only problem for me is I play one of those classes no-one can mistake. Soon as I get my lute out and start strumming the melees seem to surround me like flies

There's also the plus that if you play a dps cleric but realize you have no heals you can quickly switch. I do the same with my rogue, switching between bard & MM

+ Reply to Thread