+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: The Black Garden... Problems with Pick Up Groups or Solo Entry

  1. #1
    Plane Touched Deilax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    SL,UT
    Posts
    232

    Default The Black Garden... Problems with Pick Up Groups or Solo Entry

    Please keep in mind that I am not a hardcore PvP players. I do enjoy my fair share, but what I have seen so far in Warfronts makes me want to kill my own faction. What is it that you are wondering that would make me have such hate towards my fellow Defiant? It's simple, they do not know how to listen or even play Warfront!

    I swear, many people would sooner twiddle there thumbs than attempt to capture the Fang or take down the Fang holder. Your utmost concern should be to throw yourself at the Fang holder like a WWII Japanese Banzai bomber! Not sitting behind things, taking pot shots at strays or a baby buffalo that are not with the pack. The object of the Warfront is to capture the Fang of Regulos and keep it, not try to make up the lack of points through PvP kills.

    So if you are sitting here going, "Well I don't want to die." Just don't get out of Warfronts. It is PvP, there is no repercussion to your death other than a spawning delay and a nominal point gain for the opposing team.

    This is what you should do in the Black Garden from what I have seen:
    1. Jump on the spawn where the Fang initially spawns and capture it! Staying back or hiding will not get you the Fang.
    2. Either dodge attacks around the Fang's spawn point or fall back towards your spawn and away from the Fang's.
    3. If your carrier is hiding, stay with them. Don't try to be a hero and take out the incoming attack. It is your job to protect them, not kill yourself.
    4. If the Fang carrier is the opposing team this is when you try to be the hero. Throw your self at him with out any regard for yourself!
    5. If the enemy Fang carrier is down, AoE the spot where the Fang is dropped to interrupt anyone picking it up.
    6. If you join a Warfront do not go AFK or leave half way because your side is loosing.
    7. FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LISTEN TO YOUR FELLOW PLAYERS.

    That is all.
    Last edited by Deilax; 03-01-2011 at 02:44 PM.

    Sunrest - Defiant | Deilax - Rogue | Gumpert - Cleric

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple Viikto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Central Wisconsin
    Posts
    157

    Default

    Great suggestions.
    Truck/Malivak Warrior/Mage Vigil <Clockwork Transmog Turtles>

    Many Many Alts All classes Faeblight +
    Located in Colorado, not Central WI. Don't know how to change it .

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    133

    Default

    This game decided to go with OP rogue classes and too much CC (like most other games...)

    So pretty much if you refuse to follow that unspoken directive, you will just fail, and so it isn't really a lot of fun.

  4. #4
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toodle View Post
    This game decided to go with OP rogue classes and too much CC (like most other games...)

    So pretty much if you refuse to follow that unspoken directive, you will just fail, and so it isn't really a lot of fun.
    trololol?

    rogue classes are made for 1v1 burst damage, work as a team and have healers that know what they are doing and a single rogue cant wreck everything. now, if your up against 3 healers and 7 rogues... thats a bit different, good luck with that, but dont just say rogues are imba and move on, you arent giving any helpful advice...

  5. #5
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sea within a sea.
    Posts
    34

    Default

    The major problem I'm seeing is the lack of healers on Defiant side every time I'm in with my Bard I'm usually miles ahead of everyone in terms of healing which would be ok because we are group healers but the next one usually is a Bard as well and there are almost no Clerics on our teams.

    Guardian teams on the other hand seam to be swarmed by Cleric healers which in the end make more of a difference then Bards since they can actually keep something alive instead of spamming low heal on everyone around them.

  6. #6
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziyi View Post
    The major problem I'm seeing is the lack of healers on Defiant side every time I'm in with my Bard I'm usually miles ahead of everyone in terms of healing which would be ok because we are group healers but the next one usually is a Bard as well and there are almost no Clerics on our teams.

    Guardian teams on the other hand seam to be swarmed by Cleric healers which in the end make more of a difference then Bards since they can actually keep something alive instead of spamming low heal on everyone around them.
    I agree with this. Its great that I can switch to bard from Ranger since we (Defiant side) have almost no trouble filling up spots for DPS, we just need more healers. Bard healing is a good suppliment but more Clerics are defenitly needed!

    In anycase, if you have a healing soul in your archtype, pick it up and use it if there are already enough dps in your warfront group. This game is about divirsity and the ability to change souls for the given situation. Remember, healing makes a big difference and can swing momentum!

    Also if you get to play a healer or a different role in general, you will have a better understanding of how they work and how to fight against them when the time arrises! GET YOUR SELF LEARNEDEDED SUCKAS!

  7. #7
    Shadowlander Linnyani's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    28

    Default

    I'm on Sparkwing EU, Guardian side and have been doing warfronts all day/night on each of my 4 characters and have yelled so much at my screen that I think my throat is a little sore.

    I've seen my side lose after taking a 300 point lead
    The other side has the tooth and goes right while my side apart from myself and 1 other all run left after that lonely level 10
    I've managed to grab the tooth and move back to our tree and my team all run off leaving me to the mercy of the opposing side
    I'm holding the tooth and after it kills me, despite there being a couple of people near me they just ignore it so it goes back to the middle and the other side grabs it
    My side grabs the tooth and takes it into our camp so we're only getting 1 point a tick and they refuse to move

    This is all in the 10-19 bracket so I know that some people are still getting into it all and this is all new to alot of them but it is still mighty frustrating.

    Some people may have different tactics for warfronts but generally what I do is:

    Warrior - Jump right into the middle and let myself be the focus of the enemy so my guys can grab the tooth (It's only death, not a problem)
    Mage - AoE the hell out of the middle and if I have a shield, pop it and try to get the tooth
    Rogue - AoE trap the middle and try to interupt anyone of the other side taking the flag
    Cleric - Pop a shield and go for the tooth, heal another if they get the tooth first and stick to them like glue

    Now I need a cup of tea before I get right back into it...

  8. #8
    Ascendant Jeffreys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,680

    Default

    Some of that advice makes me cringe, regarding the original post.

    Going for the flag is great and necessary. But don't suicide one at a time. Attack in force. Tanks or anyone who can take some punishment should go for the flag while ranged types interfere with CC and dps. I sure don't want mages on my team thinking they have to pick up the flag.

    Maybe that's why defiants aren't winning??
    Last edited by Jeffreys; 03-01-2011 at 05:48 PM.

  9. #9
    Plane Touched Deilax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    SL,UT
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreys View Post
    Some of that advice makes me cringe, regarding the original post.

    Going for the flag is great and necessary. But don't suicide one at a time. Attack in force. Tanks or anyone who can take some punishment should go for the flag while ranged types interfere with CC and dps. I sure don't want mages on my team thinking they have to pick up the flag.

    Maybe that's why defiants aren't winning??
    I don't know how many times I have charged in, killed the holder and picked up the Fang all with in seconds. It's just the problem of myself being the only one going for the points where everyone else is to worried about getting kills which mean almost nothing.

    Literally in the last Warfront I was in, I had 6 fang carrier kills and carried it 8 times. We STILL lost 200-500.

    Sunrest - Defiant | Deilax - Rogue | Gumpert - Cleric

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soreness View Post
    trololol?

    rogue classes are made for 1v1 burst damage, work as a team and have healers that know what they are doing and a single rogue cant wreck everything. now, if your up against 3 healers and 7 rogues... thats a bit different, good luck with that, but dont just say rogues are imba and move on, you arent giving any helpful advice...
    Please explain to me how to heal through 3k crits when no one on my team has more than 3k health.

  11. #11
    Plane Touched Defacian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toodle View Post
    This game decided to go with OP rogue classes
    Dumb statement is dumb


    Quote Originally Posted by Toodle View Post
    and too much CC (like most other games...)
    100% agree
    Bubbrubb / Eastern of <Missionary Impossible>



  12. #12
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soreness View Post
    trololol?

    rogue classes are made for 1v1 burst damage, work as a team and have healers that know what they are doing and a single rogue cant wreck everything. now, if your up against 3 healers and 7 rogues... thats a bit different, good luck with that, but dont just say rogues are imba and move on, you arent giving any helpful advice...
    I'm not bothering to give advice. The devs ruined the game already (imo) by nerfing racials and the huge cut to Rift XP, and tinkering with little things like if rogues are SUPER op, or just a lot op isn't going to make a darn bit of difference.

  13. #13
    Plane Touched Deilax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    SL,UT
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Toodle View Post
    I'm not bothering to give advice. The devs ruined the game already (imo) by nerfing racials and the huge cut to Rift XP, and tinkering with little things like if rogues are SUPER op, or just a lot op isn't going to make a darn bit of difference.
    May I suggest if the game is ruined for you to do something more productive with your time? Cause it's not ruined for me.

    Racial skills were nerfed because of feedback during the Betas. Movement speeds, leaping, flying, etc etc was over powered when compared to the Kelari's camouflage. Every other race had an advantage over them. That wasn't fair in the slightest and as a Kelari player, although I play Eth, I would be quite livid.

    Sunrest - Defiant | Deilax - Rogue | Gumpert - Cleric

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple Anraas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Step 1) Play a rogue soul. (Bard or Sabo)

    Step 2) Have 2-3 cleric friends.

    Step 3) Profit.

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deilax View Post
    May I suggest if the game is ruined for you to do something more productive with your time? Cause it's not ruined for me.

    Racial skills were nerfed because of feedback during the Betas. Movement speeds, leaping, flying, etc etc was over powered when compared to the Kelari's camouflage. Every other race had an advantage over them. That wasn't fair in the slightest and as a Kelari player, although I play Eth, I would be quite livid.
    Lots of people like to eat at McDonald's, too. But I do not. I've played rpgs since before there were computers, and every game has its fanbois that are willing to overlook just about anything, so bravo for those who think everything is dandy.

    The Rift aspect IS this game - without it, it's just the same recycled BS wrapped in fancier graphics thanks to advancing technology. The nerf to XP there is inexcusable, as it changed the entire dynamic.

    And a dev team that can't come up with a better way of balancing something than to completely strip out the defining features of the "races" are not the people I wish to support with my dollars.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts