+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Now that we have a forum dedicated to our concerns let's talk about (RVR)!

Default Now that we have a forum dedicated to our concerns let's talk about (RVR)!

That is right it has come up again, maybe this time we can get some real input..

What are your thoughts of some open RvR areas with objectives/keeps side controlled dungeons?

List some creative ideas on how they can implement this...

Shadowlander

Best chance to prevent the massive RvR server crashes (they were impressive in WAR, 200v200 all on one screen was epic) would be to limit the amount of people that can be involved in the RvR conflict.

I'd love me some RvR. I don't see this as being desirable leveling content in the way we saw Mythic do it since the rate at which you climb to level 50 goes along at a decent clip due to the plethora of content already available, but level 50 RvR would be pretty cool.

Soulwalker

We really need to get a couple of zones for lvl 50 to fight over and have a reason for PVPing. Things like castle sieges, objectives points, reasons to be looking to kill the opposing faction other then just ganking. Unfortunately the map pushes the factions together at lvl 30-40 then pulls them apart at lvl 40+ making open world RVR less likely at end game. My greatest fear is upon reaching lvl 50 in a few weeks, there will be little to nothing to do much like Age of Conan upon release. It became all about creating raids of gank squads to just run together and try and kill players.

Also from my experience so far on a PVP server, the rewards for killing the opposing faction are little to none, there needs to be rewards for risk. Hopefully they implement a risk/reward system for killing higher lvl players and lower lvl kills get you much less.

They already have the open world available to make rvr a reality. We are already able to attack other camps but their are no long term effects. Scarwood reach, Scarlet gorge, Droughtlands etc... could be areas where you vie for controls over the various camps. Controlling more camps means better rewards as well as stopping the other sides available quests at that area. Of course this is an idea for pvp shards as pve people definately would not want this

I am against making another warzone type area but if it is implemented in the persistent world i can imagine some epic battles
    So long rift, may your potential someday be realised

DAOC Frontiers... enough said. If you don't know about it look it up because you have missed out on one of, if not the, best rvr experience ever invented.
    All Out Assault
    “Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all.” -Alexander the Great
    "Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish." - Marcus Aurelius

+ Reply to Thread