+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rifts/PvP

Default Rifts/PvP

Can we que to rift into enemy territory like we do for warfronts? That would be fantastic.....

Soulwalker

That would be completely awesome. Suddenly a rift opens up and a bunch of pvpers hop out, lol.

Soulwalker

Great idea.

Like come through a Rift?

Have you even been into an enemy territory?

Edit:
    I would like to point out what we do when we are dealing with a Rift in general. We hover around it waiting for the enemy to spawn. Unless the Rift is unguarded, which is unlikely considering most Rift's get torn open by players, I can't see players even living for longer than five seconds as they spawn.
    Last edited by Deilax; 03-01-2011 at 02:47 PM.

Sunrest - Defiant | Deilax - Rogue | Gumpert - Cleric

Haha. Reminds me of DAOC -logging back inside a keep in the middle of a raid.

Yeah, you'd get mowed down fast. Cool idea though.
    Truck/Malivak Warrior/Mage Vigil <Clockwork Transmog Turtles>

Many Many Alts All classes Faeblight +
    Located in Colorado, not Central WI. Don't know how to change it .

You have to think of the Rift as a que like a warfront.....
    A group of say 20 to 25 toons all que to rift into enemy territory.....Then boom it rifts you in and you go nuts.....
    You could have it rift you right outside a town so you don't get zerged down by NPC's.....
    Then goto work.....
    When you die you are ported back to where you were with reduced soul vitality.....

Shadowlander

You do realize the Lore does nothing to support this, the whole problem IS THE RIFTS...

What faction controls the RIFTS?

Do you know how easy it would be for the factions to be able to control the rift power......They can easily write that into the story line....

Agree that this is a great idea. I was thinking that it was already implemented but guess not

Quote Originally Posted by TheNutCracker View Post
    They can easily write that into the story line....
    Are you kidding me? You have thousands of fans, many who are roleplayers, or love the lore as is. Suddenly you rewrite or write in that we have power of the Rifts? You're crazy son, I am disappoint.

The Rifts come from the elemental planes, not from point A to point B on Telara. They do not even EXIST in the dimension that Telara does. To make it even plausible with the current lore you would have to enter a Planer Rift and exit out another one. All while, fighting Planer enemies.

Now lets say they do make this change and 20-50 people could queue up for a Rift. Does it close when those people come through or does it stay open? Will people just queue up again and wait to be sent in right after the first group? What kind of repercussion would you give players who Rift and than die, vitality healing (which is EASILY affordable)?

It is seriously a logistical nightmare. People would than QQ and complain than they would nerf it or remove it making it moot in the first place.

Sunrest - Defiant | Deilax - Rogue | Gumpert - Cleric

Plane Touched

Isn't this original idea taken from Aion?

Rift Master

Or you can just walk the 5 minutes into the enemy territory ;)

I am not kidding you...This could be implemented on PvP only servers so the RP servers aren't effected....As for the story line, I am sure there are writers out there that can think it up in a hurry......Once you die after being rifted into enemy territory it is closed up and you have to wait to que up again....Lets say depending on when you die, by minutes, is how much soul vitality you have to replenish...If you die in the first 3 minutes you have to pay full replenish, your soul vitality goes to 0 and then scale it from there....The rewards sould be exp, planar, and favor....

Quote Originally Posted by Deilax View Post
    Are you kidding me? You have thousands of fans, many who are roleplayers, or love the lore as is. Suddenly you rewrite or write in that we have power of the Rifts? You're crazy son, I am disappoint.

The Rifts come from the elemental planes, not from point A to point B on Telara. They do not even EXIST in the dimension that Telara does. To make it even plausible with the current lore you would have to enter a Planer Rift and exit out another one. All while, fighting Planer enemies.

Now lets say they do make this change and 20-50 people could queue up for a Rift. Does it close when those people come through or does it stay open? Will people just queue up again and wait to be sent in right after the first group? What kind of repercussion would you give players who Rift and than die, vitality healing (which is EASILY affordable)?

It is seriously a logistical nightmare. People would than QQ and complain than they would nerf it or remove it making it moot in the first place.

Lewk....I understand being in enemy territory....It would be more fun when you rift in 30 people and start taking over a city etc....

Ninja edit.....Also the opposing side doesn't know you are rifting in....small rifts could be 25 people, large rifts could be 50 people.......
    You rift to an unknown location and go from there.....

It would be epic fun.....
    Last edited by TheNutCracker; 03-02-2011 at 09:23 AM.

+ Reply to Thread