+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Rift mages are < Rift melee

Shadowlander

Default Rift mages are < Rift melee

Rift mages are < Rift melee

So i understand that this is just the start of the game and that they will need to make alot of adjustments to balance PvP.
    So i'm going to point out why melee is SOOOOO much better in PvP.
    1 Melee, has more armor
    2 Melee, does more damage overall
    3 Melee, has scary burst
    4 Melee, has aoe fears, stuns, blinks, charge, and impressive aoe, and cc
    5 Melee, has ways against getting kitted ( a good example is that if u roll 1 soul range if they try to kite u just go range /cast win)
    6 Melee, all of Melee has instant cast ability.
    7 Melee, is immune to silence
    8 Melee, is immune to Interrupts, since they don't have any cast times
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1 Casters, have 0 armor
    2 Casters, have to channel/cast to do deceit damage
    3 Casters, aka (mages) don't have Burst were no where close to what we should be, Sab? 1.4k crits at lvl 28 which is instant
    4 Casters, cc has cast time, aka were getting ganked as we try to cc you
    5 Caster, kiting is pointless if the other player is decent/decent spec, they will go range on you or blink to u.
    6 Casters, such as strormcaller, only has channle/cast's that do decent Dps. Pets are a joke, by the time u kill a melee with dots, ull be in the graveyard. Pyromancers dont have nearly enough burst for there cast times
    7 Casters, can be intrupted so a 1.5 will turn in to a 2 secound cast
    8 Casters, get hit with this thing called silince and its all over, by the time they get to u or get there rotation off we are dead.
    9 Dominater, has alot of instant spells and yes u dont have to cast, and yes it could be a decent fight 1v1 with some one but, we don't have the dps, with instant attacks like melee and if they get the jump its over before we can get all of our debuffs of.

I'm not trying to rage here but have you ever tried to kite someone and when you finale get away from them, they start ****** your face with ranged.

For being a glass cannon, we don't have much fire power, yes if we can sit still and get our rotation out our dps, we will be the same or close to that of a melee, BUT WE CAN'T just stand there

TIP OF THE DAY, Below
    If you want to do any damage in pvp with out being face Rolled. /cast re roll melee

Mages take longer to build up in power, it's true.

However you will find that the amount of "nerf Warrior/Rogue" threads will go way down and the number of "nerf Mages" will go up in about a month when L50 WFs become the norm.

General of Telara

You do know that Clerics have caster souls too, right? And that their staple nuke spells scale better than those of DPS Mage souls?

Also, Rogues have 3 ranged DPS souls, not just "melee" DPS souls...

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Mages take longer to build up in power, it's true.

However you will find that the amount of "nerf Warrior/Rogue" threads will go way down and the number of "nerf Mages" will go up in about a month when L50 WFs become the norm.
    You're just pulling this out of the air. There's nothing that would suggest this. Like I said, Cleric staple DPS spells scale better with spell damage, so if Mages are behind to begin with, they'll just get further behind as players gear up.

The only way this will be true is if Mages are "over-fixed."
    Last edited by Wenry; 03-01-2011 at 01:42 PM.

Shadowlander

yea, so i was talking to my stormcaller freind who was constently casting on a warrior and he still got beat by a warrior who was only using flamespears, a almost melee class should never beat a pure ranged class/caster

General of Telara

Point being, what you're saying applies more to mages, not to "casters" in general.
    Last edited by Wenry; 03-01-2011 at 02:29 PM.

Rift Disciple

All the same problem...
    Why no one think before writing?

The mages haven't the problem that the warrior/rogue deal more damage than them, the mages have only one problem: The warrior and some rogue (excluse pure randed rogues) have ranged attacks.

Try to play a warrior whitout the ranged skills or use it only when you're at melee range and you find the problem.

In that game the mages die not for silence, fear, or other debuffs, because (exception for silence) all classes hate to be hitted by a debuff.
    In that game the mages die because the other classes have ranged skills.

Try to take off the Flame Spear from a Riftblade and try to kill a mage or a MM during a warfront. Or try to take out bull rush from a champion or the ranged skills from a paragon.

The mages have the Range!!!!

Learn to use well the range! The mages have 30 range, the warrior only 20. A warrior/rogue (not an archer) have only 20 meter of range, 33% lesser than a mage. And if you see from the side of the warriors, a mage have 50% more range than them!

And isn't true that the mages have lesser DPS than the other classes. I'm be killed from a mages that channel me for a damage of 400/second! (liv 30+)

A sabo can deal 700 of damage? A sabo need to do 6 skills to deal that damage!!!! And if you flee all is gone for the sabo and he must do all another time on another target. During that time he can be killed easy because of it's lesser defences and hp.

Warriors have high phisical defence, hp and melee power.
    Rogues have very high melee and ranged power, some debuff skills and 2 class have the hide skill.
    Mages have a very high range for attack it's enemy, very high damage power (because the magic power isn't influenced by the enemy armor!!!!) and a large number of debuff like transformation, fear, impossibilitation, knock-back and snearing skills to take away the enemy.

I'm a Reaver/Riftblade and i can do some kills in pvp ONLY whit my riftblade skills because if i don't use Flamespear i can't defeat an ranged enemy. I can't use only my DoT ability and because the melee class are disadvantaged in war i've chose for the Riftblade (and for the enhancement to my DoT Death damage gived by Rift Fury).

And i see frequently some mages do kills and resist in some assault from an enemy.

A Warrior to be good in pvp need a RB or Champion soul.
    A Rogue can chose everithing, all classes have good skills (the melee classes can use hide to go near the enemy and hit them)
    A Mage need a class that can deal high damage combined whit a chloromancer for hp or anoter class for debuff skills.

For the same reason if i want to do a Reaver/Warlord/Beastmaster i can't kill no one in pvp why my only melee skills (excluse for some DoT skill or reaver, but them don't give all that damage that a player need to kill an enemy) a mage must do a combination of souls that make them more resistent or more "debuffer" than he want.

There's classes more good for pvp. Chose them and you can be good to kill your enemy.

I like the Reaver and the Riftblade class and i've combined them. I obtain a Reaver whit some ranged skills, and i'm not the best for pvp, but i like my combined class and i want to play whit them.
    I die frequently and don't kill good like other classes? Ok, but i play whit my favorite class :-)
    (\_/)
    (°-°)
    (><) <------This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

Rift Disciple

The only issue I have is it seems the cast time/ damage done ratio is way off.

2 second hard cast for a sliver of someones HP? Really?

Shield of Telara

If you honestly think a Pyro/dominator shoudl be on par damage wise with a riftblade/whatever then you dont know how to balance a game properly

Mages are a support class, GET OVER IT, you have TWO pets trees, a HEALING tree, a BUFFING/DEBUFFing tree, a CC tree, a DOT SELF HEALING TREE, and ONE1!! pure dps tree

If that doesnt scream support to you i dont know what will, go ahead and give my warrior a healing tree and a CC tree and THEN you can have my damage
    Last edited by Bejita; 03-01-2011 at 06:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Litoras View Post
    There's classes more good for pvp. Chose them and you can be good to kill your enemy.

I like the Reaver and the Riftblade class and i've combined them. I obtain a Reaver whit some ranged skills, and i'm not the best for pvp, but i like my combined class and i want to play whit them.
    I die frequently and don't kill good like other classes? Ok, but i play whit my favorite class :-)
    Easy saying everything is fine and giving advice when you are a melee char, now role a caster and let us all know how you do. Mage are far from fine atm, melee instant attacks cripple casters using spells, as we keep getting knock back, Pyro can reduce the knockback but not stop it, and here are eight other souls with no such ability.

They are decent in pve as they don't have to run and kite, the instant a mage has to try and kite he is pointless as he cannot use his average dps and has to settle for running about spamming two or three crap instant casts.

I have np being squishy, mages should be, but they should do the highest dps in return, but that is not the case unless you are an aoe build, but they are useless in pvp, their spells take far too long to cast. They are dead before they can get started, other ranged out dps mages as do all rogue classes and a couple of warrior specs.

As for keeping range, again, try playing a mage and let us know how it worked out for you, and watch your advice go down the toilet. Would love to see your face when you realise that half of your spells (all the high dps ones) require you to STAND STILL while you wait for the cast timer, assuming you are not being hit by anything to slow it down even further.

I will not even get into being hit by stealth, that is a farce and no contest, mages have no chance to fight back, they are dead the instant that stun hits. Our dps cannot compete and with no cast time, the rogue has fired off several of his highest dmg abilities before you are out of stun, unless the arch mage ability is not on cool down.

I won't even get started on the lack of decent gear outside of quests and crafting, we have practically no drops for mage and all the warfront and majority of quartermaster gear is warrior/mage/rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bejita View Post
    If you honestly think a Pyro/dominator shoudl be on par damage wise with a riftblade/whatever then you dont know how to balance a game properly

Mages are a support class, GET OVER IT, you have TWO pets trees, a HEALING tree, a BUFFING/DEBUFFing tree, a CC tree, a DOT SELF HEALING TREE, and ONE1!! pure dps tree

If that doesnt scream support to you i dont know what will, go ahead and give my warrior a healing tree and a CC tree and THEN you can have my damage
    -1 for talking out of your backside dumbass, there is a reason mages wear cloth armour, they are supposed to dps at range, it's a trade off, more dmg less protection. What's more, all souls have support, healing, and cc classes in there somewhere, not just mages. If mages were to be nothing but support there is no reasonable explanation for having to wear cloth rather than chain or leather like the other support classes.
    Last edited by hexcaliber; 03-01-2011 at 06:43 PM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Bejita View Post

Try 5 DPS, One heal, Two Enhance. When you have classes with much better survivability seriously performing circles around those 5 DPS souls AT RANGE you have something very messed up. Mages are suppposed to be a glass cannon but currently they are just tempered glass without the boom. Why do you think it's the least played class by far?

Telaran

OP: The fact that you think that melee has better CC than mages makes me think that you are a terrible, terrible player.

One of the mage souls is completely dedicated to CC. For any weaknesses mages have, CC is not one of them.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by hexcaliber View Post
    Easy saying everything is fine and giving advice when you are a melee char, now role a caster and let us all know how you do. Mage are far from fine atm, melee instant attacks cripple casters using spells, as we keep getting knock back, Pyro can reduce the knockback but not stop it, and here are eight other souls with no such ability.

They are decent in pve as they don't have to run and kite, the instant a mage has to try and kite he is pointless as he cannot use his average dps and has to settle for running about spamming two or three crap instant casts.

I have np being squishy, mages should be, but they should do the highest dps in return, but that is not the case unless you are an aoe build, but they are useless in pvp, their spells take far too long to cast. They are dead before they can get started, other ranged out dps mages as do all rogue classes and a couple of warrior specs.

As for keeping range, again, try playing a mage and let us know how it worked out for you, and watch your advice go down the toilet. Would love to see your face when you realise that half of your spells (all the high dps ones) require you to STAND STILL while you wait for the cast timer, assuming you are not being hit by anything to slow it down even further.

I will not even get into being hit by stealth, that is a farce and no contest, mages have no chance to fight back, they are dead the instant that stun hits. Our dps cannot compete and with no cast time, the rogue has fired off several of his highest dmg abilities before you are out of stun, unless the arch mage ability is not on cool down.

I won't even get started on the lack of decent gear outside of quests and crafting, we have practically no drops for mage and all the warfront and majority of quartermaster gear is warrior/mage/rogue.
    so many good points here.
    everyone who says mages are balanced are 1 of 2 things.
    1 there not a mage
    2 they always roll in a group

you never see solo Mages on a pvp server saying that we are op
    Last edited by Shiva domini; 03-01-2011 at 07:13 PM.

Rift Disciple

Stop complaining about ranged melee classes. Nightblade, Riftblade, VK, etc etc. All of those classes rely on magical abilities for their ranged attacks. If you aren't using Dominator for the (pretty much) infinite AOE silence...you should reroll. You should only have trouble with MM and Sabo's ranged attacks. Herp herp.

Soulwalker

Mages can do ok against ranged classes..
    But melee is instant death, as we can get 1 shotted by warriors and rouges..
    And we mages get silenced/stunned before we have the time to do anything,
    even if we can cc you and get some distance before we attack.
    ALL melee have a skill that teleports u to us. So how are we suppose to even kite.
    and after 2 cc you are immune to our cc skills.
    And before you talk how we mages are bad players etc.
    Try roll a mage yourself, and do some pvp against melee.

Another thing we need is that our char face the enemy automatically when mages are about to cast.
    Cause ive been interrupted a million times just because meleee see us finiish a spell and run behind me, and i have no chance to turn in time and have to start casting over.. but by then im dead¨.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast