+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Oathbound - Brand New PST Guardian Guild (Instances/Raids/Warfronts)

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Sornin's Avatar

Default Oathbound - Brand New PST Guardian Guild (Instances/Raids/Warfronts)

Greetings! I will begin by listing some quick information before getting into my spiel.

Guild Name: Oathbound
    Faction: Guardians
    Time Zone: Pacific Time (UTC-8:00)
    Weekly Time Commitment: ~15-20 hours
    Ventrilo: gold.typefrag.com, port 30390

Tonight, on the eve of Rift's Head Start event, I am launching a new guild: Oathbound. The impetus for its creation is that there are few guilds that cater to the demographic who cannot dedicate their lives to a game, but still want to progress and see it at all. I will touch more on what the guild is about later.

When I opened this post, I stated that Oathbound is a new guild, and I truly mean that - I am presently its sole member. Therefore, for those of you looking for an established guild, or even one with the requisite numbers to complete a guild charter, keep looking. For those of you who want to be part of something new, with an uncharted path you can help guide, I hope you will keep reading.

If you look around the site you will find it to be quite light on content; there is no charter or any of the other things guild sites typically have. This is not because I feel those things are unnecessary, but because I cannot write them myself and expect the membership to feel a sense of ownership. I have some idea of where I would like to see things go, but I want the founding members to establish as much of the guild as possible, right down to its core values. In other words, I am looking for people who want help found a guild, not people to fill a guild I have founded.

Of course, there need to be some general guidelines set so you know what you are getting into. As I mentioned earlier, Oathbound is for people who want to progress, but cannot dedicate the hours to the progression guilds that tend to demand the hours of a full-time job. I am aiming for a commitment of about 15-20 hours per week; anything much less and it becomes difficult to rely on having the numbers and the dedication to advance at an acceptable rate. If you play substantially more than that, you may want to look at a guild that can keep up with you.

I have already picked the Wolfsbane server, which should indicate Oathbound is a North American guild playing on a PvE server, so English is going to be the language of choice. Going a bit deeper, Oathbound is for people with a schedule that allows them to typically play during Pacific prime time hours. This is an important point: if you cannot play on a Pacific schedule, then there is not much of a point joining.

One of my hopes is that we will divide our time somewhat evenly between dungeons, raids, and warfronts, as well as whatever else seems fun. I enjoy all aspects of MMORPGs, and I hope to find others with similar tastes so that we may enjoy the whole game, not just one aspect of it.

Anyway, past what I have mentioned, nothing has been decided, which is where you come in. I am eager to hear from you about why you want to join. Just send me a private message either on these forums, or, preferably, the official forums, that lets me know what you are about and why you want to join, and I will get back to you promptly.

Finally, you can always talk to me in-game tomorrow; I will be playing a Warrior named Sornin. I plan to be online most of the day, and would be happy to chat or team up. Oh, and Oathbound does have a 25-slot Ventrilo server, which can be found at gold.typefrag.com, port 30390.

See you in Rift!

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator Sornin's Avatar

Oathbound has now expanded beyond myself in the past few hours since making this post, but we are still looking for more players.

I'll be on as Sornin most of the day, so if you want to chat in-game, send me a tell. Or, feel free to message me here or at http://www.oathbound.org/

+ Reply to Thread