+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for a guild

Soulwalker

Default Looking for a guild

Good evening on Head Start Eve,

A group of four of us, possibly more, are currently looking for a place to call home on Faeblight.

About us:
    • 2 of the group started playing in Meridian 59, one started with EQ, and as for myself, I started back in the day with Scepter of Goth on the old MECC system. Strangely enough, none of us played WoW.
    • We two men and two women.
    • While not ancient by any means, all of us are 30+.
    • As individuals, we have experience as guild leaders and officers, although everyone is looking at a more casual role due to increased RL obligations.
    • While willing to use vent, we prefer to not have it as a requirement. Actual typed chat in guild would be wonderful. We understand how helpful it can be for raids and pvp, but at least for myself, hearing that gorgeous kelari maiden actually sounds like Cliff Claven, well, it can be a distraction.
    • While the last game we all played together was Aion, and we all have pvp experience, we have decided we would rather run with pvp flag on through our choice, and do warfronts, than have to always worry about being ganked.
    • We tend to go heavy on crafting, liking the idea of being able to make our own gear, and expendables.
    • We are not real hardcore role players. We are choosing Faeblight in the hope of a mature population. As far as I know, I am the only one of us that has a clue what Gamma World, Chivalry and Sorcery, and GURPS would be. So I guess RP light would be the most we are looking for.
    • 3 of us are pretty active, while the other is a more casual player. But, we want to make sure to be in the same group.

What we are looking for:
    • We are looking for a mature group of non hardcore people. It would be great to be able to log on and have some humorous, sometimes salty conversation, without having to worry about offending someone or somebodies parent complaining. I am not talking about constant profanity bombs, but a bit of witty repartee or innuendo can be a lot of fun. Dirty jokes are welcome! Well, as long as they are actually funny.
    • I know personally, my job requirements are such that for about 2 months out of the year, I am doing 60-80 hour work weeks. The others also have times when they cannot log on every single day. We would like to find a guild that understands that you cannot maintain a constant schedule of 4-5 raid nights a week.
    • No Drama. I would like to find a guild that remembers the chief reason for gaming is to have fun. Not constantly argue about real life issues, trash talk members that are not online, or other such BS. Fun and friendship first.

Well, enough rambling. As you can tell, I tend to do that, but not all the time, I promise. I just wanted to give you fine people a rough idea who we are, and what we are looking for, in hopes of finding a nice active guild that is a good match. Please feel free to respond here, or IM me, if you think that we would be a good fit for each other. Thanks for your time!

Soulwalker

This sounds like a guild that might be right up my alley. I'm 36, work full time (playing games before/after work days but not as much on weekends), and love the idea of light RP. I'm a casual player and would like a friendly and mature group to hook up with after Head Start begins.

You sound like a great fit for Insolence! Our founding members are two married couples who firmly believe that real life comes first. We just want to play together and have fun, and surround ourselves with others who feel the same way. As far as off-color chat ... well, with a name like "Insolence" you have to expect the occasional innuendo, right? ;)

We do consider vent necessary for raids and instances, but otherwise members are free to take it or leave it. If you can live with that, come check us out! The site is linked in my signature and you can PM me here or ask on the forums there if you have any questions. We also have a recruiting post in this forum that you can take a look at for a quick summary of what we're all about.

Thanks!
    Leader of Insolence
    Kezirah - Cleric | Kazdah - Rogue | Zoura - Warrior| Naireen - Mage

"Get out of the well! Get out of the well!"

Telaran

We might be a good fit! Check us out!

Dogma was a World of Warcraft guild founded during the Burning Crusade expansion to be a haven for those who believe in playing maturely, but believe maturity doesn't exclude jokes about feces and genitalia. Dogma is for folks who believe in playing casually, but don't believe that casual is an excuse for bad. We dabble in every aspect of the games we play, on a casual schedule, but with a hardcore dedication to excellence. Dogma broke near the end of the Wrath of the Lich King expansion due to real life issues plaguing several of our core leadership, but now several of our core members have rejoined forces in a new world to conquer the challenges of the rifts!

What we are:

Casually Hardcore. We may play only 2 days a week, or 2 hours a day, but we strive to maintain excellence in PvE, PvP, and any other challenges we decide to pursue.

Elite without being Elitist. We hold ourselves and each other to a high standard of play, but we don't treat newer/less experienced players like they're mindless peons because they're behind on the learning curve. We'll always lend an ear, hand out links, whatever is required to help everyone get the most out of their characters.

Friendly to all ages/races/lifestyles. We joke a lot, and not all of those jokes are PC, but we strongly prohibit harassment. In general, if you say something once to be funny and it isn't, don't make that mistake again, if it's a comment on someone's race/gender/sexual orientation. If you continually grief someone, even if it's "just a joke", you won't last long.

Adults. The majority of our core members are at least 24. We have several in their mid 30s. In WoW we had members into their 50s. In short, we all work full time, we play the game to enjoy our time, not to babysit. While we judge apps on an individual basis, if you're under 18, your odds are low. Sorry, them's just the breaks.

Picky. Not to seem discouraging, we do consider every app, but this isn't just a loose coalition of individuals to us. It's a family. We've forged lifelong friendships in this guild, and we intend to continue to do so, not simply bring in folks who show up to pick up their shiny loot then disappear for a week.

We are looking for other like minded folks looking for a new, long-term home. If you love Kevin Smith movies, random shenanigans, and logging in to a group of folks who are legitimately happy to see you, we might be the home for you. We currently plan on playing on the Faeblight PvE RP realm. ((Note: We are an RP Friendly guild, but our guild chat will always be OOC. We primarily stick to RP servers for the more mature atmosphere, though we do have RPers among the ranks.))We have tentatively decided on the Defiant faction, but that could potentially be subject to change.

If interested, please visit us at www.twinked.org ((Note: the site is currently being re-designed to accommodate the fact that we're currently active in Rift, but it's a work in progress.)) Just register, and make a post in the Quick Stop forum, telling us who you are, the games you've played, and what you're looking to get out of Rift and Dogma. Also, please leave an email addy, since we obviously currently have no way of getting in touch with you in game. Hope to hear from many of you soon! Happy hunting!

+ Reply to Thread