+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NoOTL Recruiting PvE/PvP Oriented Players

Shadowlander

Default NoOTL Recruiting PvE/PvP Oriented Players

Following discussions resulting from a thread to start up a guild, NoOTL has been created for Rift's release. This guild is less than a week old and at this moment caters to folks who do not have a lot of people (or anyone) to play with on Rifts release. Most of us are just getting to know each other and hope to find others looking for the same thing. We still require one to two more leaders to help move this guild forward. See the note at the bottom of this post for more information.

Faction: Guardian
    Server: Byriel - PvE
    Proposed Tag: NoOTL
    Play-Style: Casual/Hardcore Friendly
    Focus: PvE and PvP
    Region NA

What is casual/hardcore friendly?
    Casual in this sense does not mean the kind of player who logs on once or twice a week and never gets anything done nor does hardcore mean the person who is on 7 days a week treating the game like a job to be top on server. This is kind of that gray area in between in which players participate regularly but understand when "real life happens" and hope their fellow members understand the same. We play for the simple enjoyment the game brings and with a serious tone that promotes a progressive environment.

So what is OTL?
    OTL (head, arms, legs) - emoticon expressing a situation where you are so upset/disappointed that you feel like getting on your hands/knees on the floor to start crying.
    O shows head down
    T shows stretching arms down on the floor
    L shows kneel down

In other words, "No OTL" is a place for people who are not going to get upset over trivial things and simply enjoy the game for what it is. At the same time, we hope to send a message to those around us to do the same.

Basic Ideals of the Guild
    Adult-Oriented: A mature, friendly, open-minded, and progressive environment with people 18+
    Consistent Playtimes: We would recruit people who primarily play during the evening hours (6:00pm-11:00pm EST)
    Serious Tone, Without Sacrificing Fun: Valuing the balance of a care-free and fun virtual environment with a serious gaming tone (The core of this guild is not casual/carebear in nature)
    Solid Leadership: One that holds themselves and members to expectations set by the guild “charter/rules/policies”
    Love the Challenge: A guild that enjoys the “struggles” of MMORPGS and the rewards that come with success
    Valuing/Respecting Fellow Members: People who enjoy the company of others and consider “game friends” an important piece to their online gaming experience.
    All Around Gaming: A guild focus on exploring both the PvP and PvE aspects of Rift

About Our Leaders
    NoOTL is not a random idea by people with no MMORPG endgame experience praying that they have what it takes to make a guild shine. We currently have a mix of experience, anywhere from someone with 10+ years of MMORPG experience to assist with endgame dynamics to someone with 1-2 years who is simply helping on a quality control standpoint.

If you’re interested in the guild…
    Join us on the forum: http://www.nootlspot.com (Please excuse the "dust", the website is still under construction, and there is no need to fill out applications at this time)

or on Teamspeak:
    Server/IP: nootlspot.com
    Port: 9987

Are you leadership material?
    There is still room for leaders to move the guild forward. I'm really looking for leaders who want to contribute equally as designed by a council-based rank structure. There's a difference between being a leader and having a leadership title next to your name. If there's something that contributes to a large number of guilds failing, it's a leadership without "real leaders"; we have no intentions of failing in that area. Contact me privately so we can discuss the possibility of you helping build and run this guild.

Please do not hesitate to contact me with questions: amraz@nootlspot.com or PM me on the forum.

Why do you use Teamspeak and not Ventrilo?
    I'm adding this as a bottom note because some long-time gamers question the reliability of a guild that uses technology that is not exactly favored by the majority. Being a long-time lover of Ventrilo and "hater" of Teamspeak, I certainly understand this "concern". Teamspeak 1&2 were terrible, and sadly gave the entire Teamspeak group a bad name, but TS3 changed everything. We use Teamspeak 3 simply because it is arguably better than Ventrilo for 2 major reasons. 1) The sound quality of TS3 is just as good if not better than Ventrilo. 2) We run our own Teamspeak 3 server with an "unlimited" (based on how many people we will ever grow to) number of slots/servers and off of the same dedicated box that we host our own website from. So rather than playing the game of paying more money to expand the server, we can control the server how we want and when we want at no extra cost.
    Last edited by Amraz; 02-23-2011 at 06:52 PM.
    Join NoOTL: Less than a week old, fresh guild for "lone gamers" seeking friends in a new game.
    Posting: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...iented-Players
    Teamspeak3: nootlspot.com 9987

Good group of people from what I've experienced so far.

Can't wait for tomorrow.

Anyone else almost feel like calling in for work today?

Derp.

#RIFTDRAWALS

Soulwalker

Not today. Thankfully I'm outta work at 2, so I miss the first two hours of craziness. Lol. But totally took off wed-sat next week. LOL

And yeah, these bros are pretty cool so far. Had a wonderful conversation of the awesomeness of Kingdom Hearts and portal. =D

Shadowlander

Started up in the headstart strong. Going to have the guild up after the server returns so don't hesitate to contact me in-game for an invite.
    Last edited by Amraz; 02-24-2011 at 01:57 PM.
    Join NoOTL: Less than a week old, fresh guild for "lone gamers" seeking friends in a new game.

Shadowlander

Still recruiting. If you're interested contact me in-game (Amraz), here on the forum, on our website, or via Teamspeak.

Shadowlander

Plenty of room for more. We welcome anyone who is rolling on tomorrow's "official release". Surprisingly enough, we're short Rogues by quite a large margin. Feel free to contact us in-game or via our website/Teamspeak.

We are still looking for new members, feel free to browse or forums. Have questions? Don't hesitate to contact me personally on these forums or on NoOTL's forums. Feel free to hop onto TS3 and have a chat with us. An officer is almost always on.

Thanks
    Alagon

NoOTL is still looking for members. We are still recruiting all classes but we could definitely use some Rogues.

Contact Alagon or Amraz for more information.
    http://www.nootlspot.com/forum.php

Alagon

Shadowlander

I just moved to this realm from my old one and am looking for a guild Names Purrfectstrike in game rogue XD whisp me sometime pls

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Lostknight View Post
    I just moved to this realm from my old one and am looking for a guild Names Purrfectstrike in game rogue XD whisp me sometime pls
    Hey, I see you found our website and contacted Alagon in-game. Great to have you with us. Hope to catch you in-game later.

A few of the officers are still on right now. Feel free to hop in TS3 and ask some questions.
    TS3 IP: nootlspot.com
    port: 9987

Awesome group of people. I highly support this guild.

Shadowlander

Looking for more (all classes open). We're not a huge guild, nor have plans to be a huge guild in which the members become nothing more than a number waiting to participate in endgame. Join a guild that's serious about endgame, and serious about a commitment to maintaining a positive atmosphere. Feel free to contact me here, or in-game.
    Last edited by Amraz; 03-09-2011 at 04:52 AM.

I appreciated that your posted video contains a Chimp and Noodles. Well done.

;D

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast