+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ambassadors of the Light - Guardian - Casual, Family Friendly

Soulwalker

Default Ambassadors of the Light - Casual, Family Friendly

Visit our website: Ambassadors of the Light

Who we are:

We are a casual player base with Christian leadership. Being casual doesn't mean that we don't play a lot - just that the our primary focus is not in-game achievement. We have a variety of play styles from altaholics to hardcore achievers to obsessive crafters. What does Christian Leadership mean? Our guild chat is clean. We strive to keep our chat at a level that you won't be embarrassed to have your children looking at, as most of us have families ourselves. We tend to encourage each other both in and out of game. Our goal is to create a clean, fun, comfortable environment for our members and their families, and to be a positive force in our server community. We also strive to make sure the choices this guild makes stand up to our beliefs. Members are not required to be Christians. We have several members who are not, but enjoy the atmosphere we provide.

We do like to enjoy the higher-end content, but we ARE NOT a hardcore raiding guild. We will never require you to raid or participate in PVP, we only seek to allow the opportunity for those that wish to and only in an environment that keeps things friendly and fun. Hey, when we wipe during a raid, it shouldn't be a stressful thing. It's just a game, and it should be taken as a learning experience. The journey together should be a fun one, with encouraging tips to help us all play better as a group.

Our Leadership Team:

Our leadership team is experienced, with over four years of leadership together (same founders as Creations of the Light in LOTRO - reflectionsofthelight.com) and decades of MMO experience. Our leadership style is one of empowerment as members will be able to fill roles to contribute to the guild's success as forum moderators, event planners, welcome committee members, class advisers, etc. We pride ourselves on our determination to avoid cliques and truly be a gaming family. We don't do random invites or to try and inflate our numbers by in-game recruiting methods, and we don't accept only the "elite." Our purpose is to develop unity & focus on the accomplishments of the team rather than the individual.

Other Information:
    Please feel free to contact me on the forums or in-game if you have any questions or feel free to visit our public forums. As mentioned above, interested parties are required to apply on the website before we invite you in-game. We look forward to adventuring with you in Telara!

Burhelm/Melfice

Co-Leader of Ambassadors of the Light
    Last edited by Burhelm; 02-23-2011 at 07:52 PM.
    Burhelm/Melfice

Default Good guild

Super friendly and helpful members
    To be what you want to be, to Finish what you start, to help when you can . to see what is out there. That is the best advise I can give

I remember you all from LotRO! I used to play on Gladden, and if I'm not mistaken you're the same CotL that was there?

Great to see you here!

Aye, you are right, Moxie! We still maintain a very active kinship there. Middle Earth still needs saved, too!

Thanks for having us; we'll be sure to try and leave lasting good impressions here as well!

Soulwalker

Can hardly wait . Game time is almost here and our awesome guild keeps growing

This is the guild you want to join

Soulwalker

Hi Moxie. I remember your name from the Gladden forums. Good to see you make it over to Telara. Look forward to jumping into head start with you all. The adventure begins!
    Burhelm/Melfice

Soulwalker

We ran our first live Fae Realm run last night with much success. Our only deaths were the mandatory cliff dive at the end! In what other game can you have the mage heal, the cleric tank, the warrior DPS, and the rogue support? Gotta love it. Come join us for the fun.
    Burhelm/Melfice

Cool

Some AotL love: Love that this guild has those looking to accomplish a lot in the game, but at the same time we are laid back and all about enjoying the game and each other.

Running an unknown instance? No problem! We just gather up, think through a plan and see how it goes. If it utterly fails... we try again, usually while laughing.

Trying warfronts out for the first time? No problem! Listen to sage advice on the fly in Vent and do your best. No yelling at you for not contributing more or not being specced right. Just plain ole fun!

See the website if interested!

Plane Touched

I have a 32 on Wolfsbane and have been unsuccessful at finding a family friendly guild so I am looking at options for rolling new toons.

How does your guild participate in RP? While I certainly respect others decision to play how they like, I'm not very good at it and tend to mess up if I even try, so I tend to avoid personally RPing myself. Do all members RP? Are the ones that do RP ok if someone logs in and talks about the traffic in guild chat?

I'm also wondering how the queue is around 6 - 9 central time.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Hey there Hucklebarry,

I'm not an officer in AotL... I'm just a guild newbie. Guild chat is out-of-character, so you'd be fine. I think we have a few RPers among us, but RP doesn't seem to be a main focus of the guild itself. We've got good people though, it's a very fun and laid-back bunch of folks.

The queue is manageable... I haven't had to wait longer than 25 minutes or so lately... usually it's less. Faeblight has a great server community and the people here have been worth the wait.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Moxie View Post
    Hey there Hucklebarry,

I'm not an officer in AotL... I'm just a guild newbie. Guild chat is out-of-character, so you'd be fine. I think we have a few RPers among us, but RP doesn't seem to be a main focus of the guild itself. We've got good people though, it's a very fun and laid-back bunch of folks.

The queue is manageable... I haven't had to wait longer than 25 minutes or so lately... usually it's less. Faeblight has a great server community and the people here have been worth the wait.
    Thanks, Moxie, I'm certainly fine with others that RP, I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't offend if I jumped in with a comment that was OOC. Being on an RP server, that was my biggest concern.

That's not a bad queue. Last night I waited an hour and it was just to get on and solo for a bit.

I'll see what toons I can get on Fae and visit the website to fill out an app.

Thanks again.

As a Christian I thought about applying with one of my characters, but 2 of your members, Myles, and Elarjorn were doing a rift in Scarlett Gorge, and were in a private group and ignored me when I asked to join to do the rift. Had I only asked once I would have figured they missed it, but I asked several times and never got a reply of any type. So I guess that the casual, friendly part applies only to current members.
    http://sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/rift/29903/rift-forum-signature.png

I like to think of WoW as the Hindenburg, On these forums it always ends up in flames.

Soulwalker

Flyin,

I'm sorry you had a bad experience with our guild. I have known Myles for a long time and he has always gone above and beyond to help others, both in and out of the guild. Its very easy in combat to miss chat with the general chat and combat values popping up. I think at some point we've all been guilty of missing one or several chats, and I'm sorry it has ruined your image of our guild. Elarjorn is one of his sons and he usually keeps his party private to protect his kids from random griefers. The culmination of these things probably made it seem like he was ignoring you.

As a Christian or any person from any background, I would hope they would not generalize and judge a whole guild from one experience, whether good or bad. We try our best to be a positive force on this server, but we are far from perfect. That will not stop us from continuing to try our best to help people. I ask that if you or anyone have a bad experience with our guild to reach out to one of us in-game on our personal forums or PM an officer or myself. There are several ways to get in contact with us that do not include putting us down in our recruitment thread. I'm sure a quick in-game conversation with someone else would have cleared the air, I just ask that you give us a chance next time. If you would like to discuss this more please feel free to reach out to me in-game or through PM, as the public forums is not the most conducive medium for holding a discussion.

I wish you safe travels and I sincerely hope to hear from you soon.
    Burhelm/Melfice

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by flyinpoons View Post
    As a Christian I thought about applying with one of my characters, but 2 of your members, Myles, and Elarjorn were doing a rift in Scarlett Gorge, and were in a private group and ignored me when I asked to join to do the rift. Had I only asked once I would have figured they missed it, but I asked several times and never got a reply of any type. So I guess that the casual, friendly part applies only to current members.
    Hi Flyin,

As one of the folks you mentioned here I wanted to apologize for any misunderstanding. We were indeed in a private group as we were running a quests earlier and were just passing through. I didn't think to switch over to a public group however which is something I'm sill working on adjusting to.

I must have missed your /tells but I did see a dwarf show up about half way through the rift. I'm assuming that was you? Actually, I kept waiting for the tough looking dwarf to start fighting and would have welcomed your help.

Which of us did you send a tell to? My chat log was scrolling pretty quickly so there's a very good chance I just completley missed anything you may have messaged. I'm actually having a harder time keeping up on anything going on in chat while playing. I love the action of the game but it has been harder keeping up on what's going on around me.

Again, I apologize this happend and try as I might I have a hard time keeping up on everything. Next time if you see me out there again and I don't respond please know it's not out of spite or that I'm trying to ignore you. I'm just trying to survive, keep up on the action, and didn't see your message. If nothing else works jump on in and begin to fight and I'll get the picture and do my best to get ya an invite or make hte group public. As I mentioned there is quite a bit about rift I'm still trying to get used to and switching from private to public groups is one of them.

Either way I wish you all the best in your adventures.

Thank you for the reply, I did start to fight but stopped when it was clear I was not going to get an invite. I understand that chat can get cluttered, and am sorry if I jumped to conclusions. Thank you for personally coming here to clear this up, and I wish you and your guild the best.
    http://sigcdn.siglaunch.com/sigs/rift/29903/rift-forum-signature.png

I like to think of WoW as the Hindenburg, On these forums it always ends up in flames.

+ Reply to Thread