+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Abyss coming to a RIFT near you! (medium Core) -Doc

Doc

Default Abyss coming to a RIFT near you! (medium Core) -Doc

Well from the gen forums to here we have been following this game from day one

So now to migrate this post here

Abyss is coming to a RIFT near you! (Medium Core)
    (We are still here and ready!!! 2-22-2011)
    We are going to be on the live server Wolfsbane!!!

We have decided as a guild to roll Guardian. Also, the PvP/PvE decision has been made. Unless things change in terms of PvP rule sets, we will be going PvE at launch!

We are a worldwide, English speaking guild. This means you can join from anywhere in the world if you meet our requirements. We consist of two main time zone areas US (-6GMT, and Australian times(+10 GMT). I (Doc)/Serith/Grim will be the US leaders, and Angrah/Krymzon will be the AU leader.

Abyss is a guild for outstanding players who cannot or do not want to commit to the time-intensive raid schedules of traditional "hardcore" guilds. If you want to actually experience/kill all this game has to offer, but your newly acquired significant other doesn't understand that "lame fantasy thing you do," then we might be what you're looking for. We are home to a number of people with school or work commitments that don't allow them to be on 24/7.

Applicants will only be considered if they demonstrate above-average intelligence/skill, an understanding of game mechanics, a high level of maturity, strong command of the English language, and above all a complete and total lack of epeening, ******tery, and anything else that would make you unpleasant to be around. We all get paid to deal with idiots, why should we pay to spend our leisure time with them as well? We also require the use of Mumble, and REQUIRE you to have a working microphone. Above all, we want everyone to have fun in the game. We want to promote a good guild for people to enjoy what the game has to offer while keeping an active player base to help do so.

If that sounds appealing, and you meet our admittedly high expectations, then I can unequivocally promise you that Abyss will be the best online nerd experience you will ever have the pleasure of being a part of.
    How to apply? Just click HERE, or visit our website Abyssmgc.com

We listen to our members. We poll frequently to get better ideas of group and/or raid times. We know life is ever changing, and that means we can and will adapt to the majority of our guild members' free time.

We also host guild events so from time to time we will raffle off headsets, newegg gift cards to help the community. Other times we may do in game challenges. We will start these up once the game has launched.

Feel free to visit our website at http://abyssmgc.com/

Our history:

Abyss Spots
    Official Trion Video form gamerday

About us interview from Troll radio
    http://www.youtube.com/user/DJMonste.../0/Hj71nCk5c68

Rift Podcast Ep. 22

Thanks for taking the time to read our (revised)post!
    Join our Rift forums group!

Doc

reserved for future use.

Plane Touched

Doc, glad we got everything sorted out in the end. See you all in game.
    If a rogue can do it, I do it. If a rogue can't do it, I do it anyway.

Doc

Quote Originally Posted by MarshaII View Post
    Doc, glad we got everything sorted out in the end. See you all in game.
    see ya. Im just glad the list didnt change.

Telaran

Thanks for the invite guys!
    For any Aussies out there, I would recommend this guild. Great bunch of blokes.

If we are on the server that never sleeps, why not run with the guild that never sleeps

Doc

Quote Originally Posted by Torquist View Post
    Thanks for the invite guys!
    For any Aussies out there, I would recommend this guild. Great bunch of blokes.

If we are on the server that never sleeps, why not run with the guild that never sleeps
    Exactly and we have a few members who havent slept lol

Doc

Average level range in the guild now is 25-35 with people on both ends of the range of course from 1-50

Plane Touched GuybrushThreepwood's Avatar

Fun times abound!

Guybrush Threepwood, Mighty Pirate
    Dwarf Rogue - Tank, DPS, Support (in that order)

Bunch of jerks in this guild - I would steer clear.

I could even overlook a couple of jerks in a guild - but not when the leader is the biggest one of them all.

Just a warning for anyone thinking of signing up. Course your free to do as you like, but buyer beware.

Doc

Yeah. I am a jerk when you are new come into my mumble raging up a storm that your account gets hacked and blame it on Trion saying they sold your information then you cuss trion. All of which you decide to do in a channel we were trying to run a group in. After trying to help you resolve the issue you then moan about not getting your support ticked responded to in under 5 minutes. So I then say I no longer care about your constant complaining in the group channel and move you to the lobby.

So yes I am a jerk then by moving your tempurtantrum to the lobby.

Get over yourself, and try to attack someone its going to matter on. We are a VERY well known and established rift community. Heck ask Trion how nice of a person I am. I know they will speak well of me and my visit over to the studio.

If You want to act like a child this is not the guild for you!

Act like a child? Raging up a storm? lol

I originally came in because I was confused as to why I no longer had forum access - I had just woken up and couldn't have "raged up a storm" even had I tried lol. I didn't even know my account had been hacked when I first entered the channel.

This coming from the guy though, and I quote, said to me:

"I could care less if you got your account hacked, you obviously brought it on yourself as there is no way it is trions fault. The forums or anything else couldn't be at fault or else everyone would get hacked."

Have you even read the general section of these forums the past 48hrs?

THOUSANDS of accounts got hacked just this weekend - All of us did the exact same stupid thing at the exact same time? I hardly think so.

I came in and I wasn't yelling, screaming, or even raised my voice. I wasn't too worried about the account as I knew it would get fixed by Trion. You are correct in stating that I did in fact say that I thought it was preposterous to have such a long wait time for such a serious matter however.

I had no way of knowing that thousands of accounts got hacked over the weekend either though.

In fact - the only thing that pissed me off was your attitude and what you said to me. That in the space of roughly 5mins or so - that your dungeon run was far more important to you, than a fellow guild members account being hacked.

In fact, it wasn't until you said what you said that I lost my cool, and even then, I didn't yell or scream, or even raise my voice. I did call you a few choice words, but that is it.

What if it had been your account that had been hacked? I am sure we all would have been hearing about it all day long and every day until you got it fixed.

You got a tour of Trion - you think that makes you special? give your head a shake. Your a tool that cares more the pretty little pieces of virtual goodness you aquire than about the people playing the game.

End of story.
    Last edited by Elecjester; 03-14-2011 at 09:37 AM.

Doc

Again if you have an issue with Trion and want to cuss and belittle their CSR team by all means say it to Trion.

Default Recruiting - oceanic raiders

Wow, someone is trolling our guild thread... I have been with Abyss from before beta and have had absolutely no problems with any members and we have had a few accounts hacked and all of them we have tried to help to the best of our abilities.

And onto why I came to the forums, anyone who is looking for raids in the OCEANIC time zone of our guild, please head to our forums and register your interest and keep an eye out on your application for replies from the officers.

We are looking for Ranged DPS and Healers to fill out a few spots and proper raids should begin quite soon.

Krymzon

Plane Touched GuybrushThreepwood's Avatar

Please note, we don't just raid in Oceanic time. We have two raid groups (at least), and raid in both US and Oceanic times.

Guybrush Threepwood, Mighty Pirate
    Dwarf Rogue - Tank, DPS, Support (in that order)

We are a VERY well known and established rift community. Heck ask Trion how nice of a person I am. I know they will speak well of me and my visit over to the studio.
    Heh I was in your guild when you were in Aion and this is the exact kind of response I would expect from you Doc lol. Glad to see you haven't lost your ego! Wow I saw you on that Rift trailer and was like really? this guy? Anyway good luck and I am so glad I am not on your server.

+ Reply to Thread