+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nocturnal Souls - EST/CST based "Soft Core" guild

Default Nocturnal Souls - EST/CST based "Soft Core" guild

Nocturnal Souls has been around since the dawn of time... or at least the dawn of the MMO. Starting back in Everquest, we have always maintained the philosophy of "do more with less". We pride ourselves in finding players that are dedicated, loyal, and above all, skilled. We thrive on defeating encounters with strategy, not numbers.

What is expected of our members?

1. Maturity - Age is not so much a factor with us. In the past, we have had some very capable members that did not fall in the "18+" range. However, we do require a member to be able to follow instructions, keep the drama out of the guild, and be able to chat in complete sentences.

2. Availability - Back in the old days of Everquest, we scheduled full guild raids 4 nights a week, and had 1-2 more optional raids a week as well. While we fully intend to have plenty for members to do, we are a lot more forgiving of a persons out of game schedule than in the past. That said, we are not looking for members that play once a week. Because we are not interested in having a guild with 100+ members, its vital that our members maintain a higher level of attendance than in a pure "casual" guild. On average, we would like our members to play 4-5 nights a week for 2-3 hours a night.

3. Sense of Humor - Many of us have played together for many years, and as such have become very good friends. We tend to joke around with each other quite a bit. Its important that our members understand our verbal sparring is strictly in fun and we never take it seriously. That said, we tend to keep our conversations in a manner that is PG-13, so to speak. We are not interested in vulgarity and will not accept any type of chatting that can be found offensive.

4. Team Oriented - We expect our members to contribute to the guild in some way. What that contribution is we leave to the individual members to decide. Grouping with other members for quests, using trade skills to outfit other members, simply entertaining other members with excellent guild chat... the choice is yours. A guild is a team effort and everyone is expected to contribute.

What are the goals of the guild?

1. Having FUN - This is the number one priority of the guild. If our members are not having fun, then we have failed in our chief goal. We plan on doing this by having plenty for our members to do. Group questing, 10 man raids, 20 man raids, assisting with Rifts... we plan on doing it all. Several of us will be exploring the PVP aspects of the game as well, though PVP is not something we will require anyone to do.

2. Progression - Everyone likes to improve his or her character. That can be accomplished through levels, gear, titles, or any number of things. One of our goals is to constantly improve the guild. Naturally, this is done by making our members stronger. We will do this by making sure we utilize available tradeskills, saving found gear for members, and of course... running dungeons. All this will lead to the ultimate goal of being able to master every instance, dungeon, and raid encounter the game has to offer.

If Nocturnal Souls sounds like the guild for you, please send me a PM and we can set up a time to talk on Teamspeak, or head to our website and visit the forums.

www.nocturnalsouls.us

Good luck everyone!

Soulwalker

Hey how you doing?

I would like to say that I am interested in applying for your guild. Before we speak in Teamspeak I just want to give you a brief resume.

I am 20 years old, currently a student in Raleigh, NC, and come this summer I will be a part-time recreation baseball coach and a part-time newspaper editor. I'm not an "MMO expert", but I have played WoW and LotRO. WoW is the main MMO I played, spending roughly three and a half years through all the BC and WotLK end game content besides the Sunreaver Blood Elf raid (I forget the name) and ICC in WotLK (I think I downed 5 bosses in 10 man :S). In BC I ran multiple raids, but specialized in the Karazhan raids for my guild meaning I spent a lot of time with lower geared individuals. In WotLK I was in a guild, and participated as a regular and was part of this kill, that was 10th on our server to down Mimiron in 25 man Ulduar (I am almost positive this is a true statement, our guild was named Hyperion and we were on the server Greymane with the epic "Crimson (now Alpha)" guild.) In BC I played main spec paladin healer and I off-specced as tank. In WotLK I played main spec melee dps DK and off-specced as tank. I also had an 80 Mage but did not really get to raid with him. Basically I'm trying to say that I am pretty experienced in raids and in all aspects of the raiding experience, or at least I feel that way .

The above makes it sound like my schedule is very busy, however it really isn't. I can make time for raids 9 out of every 10 times, and if I am going to miss a raid I will let you, or an officer, know well in advance.

My main reason for applying to your guild is because it is exactly what I am looking for. A "Softcore" EST based guild. However, another magnet that attracted me to your guild is the fact that I have three friends that are currently in the guild. I am not sure what names they are going by, but I have been told that the father/husband of the three will speak to you come launch about me. I am the son's baseball coach (haha) and I have known them for quite a while.

Hopefully I've made a small impression in you, and the rest of your guild, and hopefully I can join you all tomorrow for launch!

Also, I am planning on rolling whatever is needed for the guild, but was debating between a Chloro/Necro/Lock build or a Ranger/Marksmen/Nightblade build.

Launch is almost upon us! If anyone else has questions about Nocturnal Souls, I will be available on our Teamspeak server for a couple hours before launch, as well as availiable in game after it starts.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

We have an extremely good crew assembled. Few more slots before we close up recruiting for a while. Give me a shout in game if you are interested. I will be on Grishnor.

Thanks!

Couple more spots left. Look me up in game, or send a PM here.

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread