+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shadow Company: A Guild for Mature Motivated Players

Telaran

Default Shadow Company: A Guild for Mature Motivated Players

Shadow Company (Defiant - Faeblight) A no drama, veteran guild for motivated players
    Shadow Company is a veteran and cross MMO guild founded upon a mercenary theme by Commander Bugbig in 2004 and operated in partenrship with Captain Oakos; we are a guild which focuses on a drama free and fun enabling environment, a guild of moderation we do not over focus on any one particular area instead we strive to see and do a bit of it all from Raiding to RP, Crafting to day to day banter between members and everything else inbetween. We cater to an older crowd with an 18+ age requirment in place as well as being home to many couples and a wide range of people from law enforcement to stay at home moms. We are about the person behind the keyboard first, at SC you are not a number you are part of a family!

Guild motto: For Power and Profit!

WHAT SHADOW COMPANY IS:

- ACTIVE: We maintain an active guild from the top down starting with the division Captain and his/her Officers and administration. You will find Special Event, RP Sessions, Hunts, and Raids to be planned and executed often. Shadow Company also recognizes the fact that the life blood of a guild is the new player, that said we are constantly on the lookout for new members with a likeminded demeanor to join our ranks!

- ORGANIZED: Organization and stability are two of our greatest strengths as a Kinship. With a strong real life military background amongst the leadership of Shadow Company, maintaining guild structure and direction have always been a core focus. You will find the Company to have an extensive background of protocol and tradition in place that eliminates any confusion in regards to guild style, culture, and regulations.

- BALANCED: Shadow Company sees each aspect of the game as a part to the whole, as such you will find that we enjoy all the components of the MMO equally, from Crafting to Questing, from Raiding to Role-play, we enjoy and do it all!

- MATURITY: Shadow Company has always catered to more mature players and while age does not always equal maturity we adhere to an eighteen or older rule with the average age of our members in the 30-40 range.

- COMMITED: Shadow Company is not a "pick-up" guild we have an extensive application, probation and interview process to help "weed" out those that lack patience, maturity, and motivation.

- DIVERSE: Shadow Company caters to a wide range of players from all over the world some of the people you will find in SC include: Doctors, Married Couples, Law Enforcement, Published Authors, Chefs, Poets, Martial Artists, Students, IT professionals, Teachers and many more!

What Shadow Company ISNíT:

- DRAMA: We place a lot of emphasis on finding members that are a near perfect fit for our style and culture to ensure a match between our current membership and new applicants. Drama is NOT tolerated within Shadow Company, if started it is expected to be resolved privately between the involved parties, if it cannot be resolved the Captain will be forced to wield with great prejudice, his Drama Stick i.e. Guild removal.

- SINGLE FOCUSED: We do not cater to those seeking a single focus on one sole area of the MMO. Our emphasis is on the person behind the keyboard more than anything else and folks who enjoy every aspect of the game. Instead we seek out like-minded, fun oriented adults who enjoy all that the MMO has to offer from top tier raids to Role Playing at the Pony!

- SELFISH: Shadow Company prides itself on the level of commitment to its members. Therefore, we encourage players who not only like to have fun but ALSO enjoy enabling the fun of others to apply.

- BORING: There is always something going on in Shadow Company! We strive to bring our members content of all kinds from daily hunts and adventure to larger scale endeavors such as server wide events, RP and raids! We also highly encourage ALL our members to get involved and will give them the tools to do so.

WHERE WE ARE NOW AND GUILD DIRECTION:

- Shadow Company, now a seven-year-old guild that has inhabited many worlds of the past and future seeks more adventure motivated members. While we encourage all levels of experience to apply we are strongly seeking like minded players to vanquish our foes.

- While Shadow Company is not a raiding guild in the strictest sense, we do carry a strong history of raiding in previous MMOs to include a number of server firsts!

- Our primary focus is of course on fellowship and fun in a no pressure environment but we also pride ourselves on reaching all the goals and content thrown our way to include Raids and end game endeavors. We reach this goal by teamwork and selflessness above all else.

So, if a mature, no-drama guild with a focus on fun and end game piques your interest, apply at our website today:

http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.asp...3&TabID=373406 or if you would like to see the light hearted yet tenacious side of Shadow Company please enjoy the following link!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkB7lPFQydw

We look forward to conquering our foes with you in the future!

Captain Oakos
    For Power and Profit!

To delegate tasks large and small a Guilds servant first of all

Soulwalker

Welcome Shadow Company! Great to see you all joining the Faeblight community!

HUZZAH for Shadow Company!
    For Power and Profit!

*salutes*
    "I came here like this so you'll know my word of death is true. And that my word of life is then true."
    - The Outlaw Josey Wales
    -------------------------------------

A friendly 'bump' to our good friends at Shadow Company!

For Power and Profit! Huzzah

Can't wait to see the Company in game again!

Better to illuminate than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate.

Soulwalker

We look forward to exploring these new lands with old friends and new as we ascend and take our rightful place among the gods. May each of you find much power and profit.

/Salutes
    Commander Bugbig
    http://shadowcompany.guildportal.com (est. 2004)

Soulwalker

*salute*
    For Power and Profit!

Good to see you (again) Shadow Company.

Hail Shadow Company! May ye find much Power and Profit in Telara. Huzzah!

Soulwalker

Default Thew Reporting in!

Glad to see everyone here!!!

Thew

Let the quest for Power and Profit begin!

/salute
    The ability to speak does not make you intelligent.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every second of it.

Proud to be a Fjordmonkey!

Soulwalker

For Power and Profit!

I've only belonged to one guild in all of my gaming years (and I miss them so), and after the end of that game I've always been a loner. I am reluctant to join (or at least think about joining) not just a new guild, but a guild that's spread across many different games.

It would seem like you'd have such a massive player base (not always a bad thing, but when it's across different games I would suspect lots of social disconnects) it would be hard to maintain a tight knit atmosphere.

\\ I was thinking about guilds last night before going to bed, and and I ended up dreaming about my old guild (less about my guild really and more about my patron and vassals (Asherons Call 2)). The worst moment I ever had in a video game is when my patron of 2+ years quit the game. My vassal and I were so distraught we farmed for a month to afford a kingdom reset so we could join with some old friends of another kingdom. A sad moment, but I was glad when my vassal decided to stay with me for the allegiance swap. Thinking about that guild system (vassal -> patron lines instead of all just junked into a guild) makes me really miss that game more. Not because of the game, but because of the people I came to know there.
    Rammadaeus
    Faeblight.
    Defiant Warrior.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by taraghost View Post
    I've only belonged to one guild in all of my gaming years (and I miss them so), and after the end of that game I've always been a loner. I am reluctant to join (or at least think about joining) not just a new guild, but a guild that's spread across many different games.

It would seem like you'd have such a massive player base (not always a bad thing, but when it's across different games I would suspect lots of social disconnects) it would be hard to maintain a tight knit atmosphere.
    That can be true, but I think with Shadow Company having a few different games active at a time has actually been helpful to the success of Shadow Company (Imo) We have a very active guild web site that keeps everyone in touch. Should anyone get bored of one game they have a choice of another that they can try knowing they will have guildmates there to help them along. SC is active right now in LoTRo and AoC right now also. We have a dedicated group of players to those games that ensure SC's success there. We had a huge launch in RiFT. It is great to actually play along guildmates that we have known from other games and I look forward to those that join us in RiFT for the first time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast