+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Guild Recruitment Guidelines - Now with more color coding!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Guild Recruitment Guidelines - Now with more color coding!

NEW! Shard Prefixes

The colour-scheme for shard types has been updated to be clearer at first glance! Shard prefixes are now color-coded by region and playstyle:

[US PVE]
    [EU PVE]
    [OCEANIC PVE]

[US PVP]
    [EU PVP]

[US RP]
    [EU RP]

Guild Recruitment Threads

Posting a Guild Recruitment thread requires a shard prefix, so that other players know your home shard. This displays automatically once posted, so there's no need to include the shard in the text of your title. For example, if you choose Faeblight, your title will show like this in the forums:

[Faeblight] < Kickin Rad Fake Guild Name > - Looking for more tanks!

In the text of your post, you may want to include any combination following, to better attract prospective players:
    • General playstyle of your guild-- hardcore, casual, leveling, PVP, RP, etc.
    • Days of the week where your guild sees the most activity.
    • The general times your guild plays, including the time zone.
    • Any other details you think would be relevant for players wanting to join your guild!

Thread Bumping

All guilds are permitted one recruitment thread here in the Guild Recruitment forums. Duplicates may be removed. We do understand that all guilds want to keep their guild recruitment threads active and visible, but we do ask that you refrain from posting "bump" posts, please.

Per our Code of Conduct, "bump" post are not allowed, and we will be removing them. The reason for this is that "bump" posts are considered spam since they do not add anything constructive or meaningful to the discussion. Bump posts are defined as posts that are created for the sole reason of bumping a thread, and do not actually contribute anything to the discussion. Here is the exact quote from the Code of Conduct about thread bumping.:

Please do not bump threads simply for the sake of bumping them. This is considered spam since it does not add to the discussion in a constructive or meaningful way. We understand that everyone wants to keep their discussion active and visible, but we encourage you to post meaningful and constructive content instead of “Bump!” posts.
    You may, however, respond to your thread if it contains an update or pertinent information.

This is your one chance to show everyone what your guild is about, so make it count! Instead of posting a "bump" post in your guild recruitment thread, here are some great ways to keep your thread active and visible:
    • Post about guild news and events.
    • Tell everyone about your recruitment efforts and updates.
    • Share some fun facts or history about your guild.
    • Have your members post testimonials about your guild.
    • Welcome new guild members or announce promotions.
    • Post about guild website updates.
    • Share anything else you can think of that someone searching for a guild might like to know about you.

Thanks for understanding and helping us make this community a great place to be, and we wish you all the best of luck with your new shards and guilds!
    Last edited by CM Morgana; 06-20-2013 at 09:03 AM.
    CM Morgana ~ Community Coordinator ~
    Avatar art is courtesy of Allie Brosh!

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #2

The colour changes are live now, and the new EU and US shards have been added. Happy recruiting!
    CM Morgana ~ Community Coordinator ~
    Avatar art is courtesy of Allie Brosh!

You are the best!!! Thank you so much.

Core Raid Spots Available --- (Trekkies) Wed/Sun/Mon 9 PM - 12 AM ST :: Holding TRYOUTS for a core raid spots on Mon/Tues, 5:30 PM Server, just send a tell! Must be 3/4 or 4/5 minimum!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by CM Morgana View Post
    Please do not bump threads simply for the sake of bumping them. This is considered spam since it does not add to the discussion in a constructive or meaningful way. We understand that everyone wants to keep their discussion active and visible, but we encourage you to post meaningful and constructive content instead of “Bump!” posts.
    And yet the top 10 entries are full of threads that are bumped, sometimes with a post as egregious as saying "bumping this thread", every day, sometimes multiple times a day, and it seems as if no action is taken. Meanwhile those of us who attempt to follow the rules can be found on page 2 or 3.

Soulwalker

Can I edit the prefix somewhere?
    We've transferred recently and are no longer on Icewatch.
    Or should I just make a new thread instead?
    Split Persona - Guild leader - Gelidra
    splitpersona.shivtr.com

Plane Touched

Well that makes it slightly easier but still not ideal. Splitting it into 2 sections 1 EU, 1 NA would help even more. That way people only have to search through multiple pages of guilds that are at least in their region. A nice start to making it easier to navigate though.

Edit: the ability to filter by all EU or all NA, or the ability to select multiple shards would work just as well.
    Last edited by Shrimp; 06-22-2013 at 03:55 AM.
    The social raiding guild with hardcore values
    Iriaella Tiadann Ophaelia Soaro Vie Amili
    @Gelidra

Rift Disciple

Default Question on merger and our thread titles??

With the merger are we going to have to have our old recruitment thread closed in order to post a new one with the correct server we are on in front of the thread or will this be changed along with the merger?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sorekill View Post
    With the merger are we going to have to have our old recruitment thread closed in order to post a new one with the correct server we are on in front of the thread or will this be changed along with the merger?

Thanks
    Good question. I think the mods would have to manually go into each thread to make the change thought. How many pages back should they go back? It could be a lot of time consuming work doing it that way... so most likely they will want anyone on an affected shard to create a new thread, that's the easiest route for them to take. If they could give us a definitive answer, that would be great though.

They may also allow them to be updated as requested... so you could try and have the OP of your thread flag the OP as inappropriate, and then in the reason ask them to swap the flag from your old shard to your new shard.
    Soulraiser - 60 Cleric // Soulslayer - 60 Warrior // Soulshadow 60 Mage
    Faeblight NA
    http://www.dargaardknights.com
    Visit our recruiting thread HERE

Sorry if this is wrong place to post!!
    But...The colour pre-fix is not showing up for Typhiria EU.

Innie * Everlasting Allegiance * of Typhiria EU
    We are recruiting!

Hi Morgana,

Is there a way to edit your initial title to reflect your Raid Kill Count? I tried editing ours, and while it reflects on the title in the first post, it doesn't reflect on the Thread title (where the thread list is). If possible, I'd like to add: (TDQ: 4/4, IDH: 4/4), appended to the end of the title.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Avicious; 03-30-2014 at 11:28 AM.
    Avicious
    Guild Leader

http://7dd.enjin.com
    Friendly Casual/Progressive Guild on Faeblight

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Innie View Post
    Sorry if this is wrong place to post!!
    But...The colour pre-fix is not showing up for Typhiria EU.

it's showing up again, at least i've seen 2 Typhiria posts somewhere
    Last edited by RAW Leader; 04-04-2014 at 03:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CM Morgana View Post
    NEW! Shard Prefixes
    ...Thread Bumping

All guilds are permitted one recruitment thread here in the Guild Recruitment forums. Duplicates may be removed. We do understand that all guilds want to keep their guild recruitment threads active and visible, but we do ask that you refrain from posting "bump" posts, please.

Per our Code of Conduct, "bump" post are not allowed, and we will be removing them. The reason for this is that "bump" posts are considered spam since they do not add anything constructive or meaningful to the discussion. Bump posts are defined as posts that are created for the sole reason of bumping a thread, and do not actually contribute anything to the discussion. Here is the exact quote from the Code of Conduct about thread bumping.:

Is that so?
    I posted my first guild recruitment post here yesterday.
    A day later it is already more than a page of posts away, most of the new posts being bumps of older threads.
    Ostensibly that rule is not applied, and it looks to me like a bumps war to keep each guild post on top of the list; war which I will then be forced to join myself so that my guild does not get buried under others' bumps within mere hours...
    Last edited by Fafhred; 05-02-2014 at 12:57 PM.

Ascendant

I agree with those saying the bumping rule isn't being enforced. It should count for everyone, or for no one. I just started an RP guild and I know in a week it will be at the bottom of the list because of the bumping. I also know that if I put a recruit post in the RP section, where it is more likely to be seen by the people I'm trying to attract, that it will be closed and removed because that is not the recruitment thread.

Can the bumping please be reviewed. I don't want to resort to bumping my thread, and that includes posts like "we are now found on the guild finder, still recruiting," which is essentially a bump in information's clothing.

No, what that 'rule' means is don't literally post "bumping for visibility" or something. You CAN post to your thread with something new you have to contribute. Talk about something your guild just did or something to entice people to look over the original post.

Essentially, you want to have something non-spammy. So yes, you can post in your own thread to bring it's visibility back to page one. Just make sure it's an actual post contributing to your thread .

Edit:

This is an example of what you shouldn't be doing.
    This is a perfect example of what you can post to update your thread for more visibility.
    Last edited by Riane; 05-18-2014 at 08:31 AM.

Champion

Default 521 hit DPS war 9/9 with an RA looking for T2 and beyond.

/10 chars ugh sorry
    Last edited by Hyperion5182; 06-08-2014 at 07:21 PM. Reason: delete

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast