+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Guild Recruitment Guidelines - Now with more color coding!

Default Removing Inactive Leader's Post

Hi, I'm not sure this is the appropriate thread to ask this question but I couldn't find anything on this topic anywhere else.
    The former Leader of my Guild had previously posted a Recruitment message under the Guild Recruitment section, and although I have posted updates bellow it - I am wondering if there is a way for an admin to either give me permission (I am now the Leader of my Guild) or to simply delete the original Post by the former Guild Leader. I feel some people may look at his post and never scroll down and skip it, so I would like to know if it would be possible for one of you to give me the necessary permissions, or as I said - to remove his post and allow me to make a new Recruitment post altogether for our Guild. We have progressed as a Guild since the post was made, and have a lot of new things that I would like to be at the top of the post, in case any possible recruits feel like joining us.
    Thanks in advance.

Soulwalker

Default thread prefix error

How or where do i go to put in a thread prefix? I was trying to send out a recruiting post but it keeps telling me i must select a thread prefix. Where is this selection or how do i do it? I could really use some help on this. been trying to find these prefixes. Do i need to manually put them in, or is there some kind of drop down i am not seeing. If manual can someone please explain to me how do do this
    Last edited by Trepetron; 11-19-2014 at 09:23 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Trepetron View Post
    How or where do i go to put in a thread prefix? I was trying to send out a recruiting post but it keeps telling me i must select a thread prefix. Where is this selection or how do i do it? I could really use some help on this. been trying to find these prefixes. Do i need to manually put them in, or is there some kind of drop down i am not seeing. If manual can someone please explain to me how do do this
    I have this same problem. There is no Thread Prefix selection box. I have tried all popular web broswer, cleared cache, etc, to no avail.
    Aishlaya@Faeblight - Ph.D. Explosive Sheep Husbandry

Sick of elitism and guild drama?
    Join "Born on the Vaiyuu"
    All-purpose social guild for all levels (PvP/PvE/Raiding/RP/Bacon Explosions)

Default Part Time Arsehat

Okay, lemmmie esplain.. I like to PvP, I like to PvE, I have so many toons that I sug. I cannot seem to expand beyond 61 cause I just don't care. If someone has a use for me, please send me a ingame text or an email, soooner or later I will 65 up.
    Last edited by Zrek; 01-25-2015 at 12:55 PM.

Hi, I'm just making this post to clarify/update the issue I was having with the recruitment message here on the Forums.

After posting this issue under this same thread back in August in an attempt to ask Trion to remove an old recruitment message here, which contained inaccurate information from the previous Leader (that went inactive); Trion granted me permission to edit my own posts, which certainly helps but I wanted to remove the previous post as it is the first thing anyone would read and the post said inaccurate things which no longer apply to Serenity.

I have resorted to posting a second recruitment message to the forums and simply want to clarify that I am the Leader of Serenity (and have been for a long time) and simply want an accurate, effective and to the point recruitment message here on the forums.

The link below is the (new) recruitment message I created today, and the one I wish to keep on the forums:

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...-serenity.html

The link below is the (old) recruitment message, and the one that should be removed:

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post4867918

Soulwalker

Welcome back were are a small guild looking for member on seastone join guild name last alliance

Plane Touched

The EU Server Brutwacht missing in the Prefix list !

Soulwalker

Sorry for the bumping, but EU-PVE Server Brutwacht still missing as a prefix option.

I couldn't seem to find the EU RP prefix so have had to put it down against the shard Has this option been removed or did I just miss it?
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3581812&dateline=1371  999004
    Zaviel - EU (Argent survivor) - Dimensions - O-RP Moonshade Outpost - Hudori, O-RP Tempest Slums - Taryth, O-RP Shimmersand Outpost - Dancingmoon. Death Mountain - Dannsadh.
    Co-GL - The Clandestine (Rift chapter)

Default just want to find out how you go about making a guild recruitment thread for Typheria

Quote Originally Posted by CM Morgana View Post
    NEW! Shard Prefixes

The colour-scheme for shard types has been updated to be clearer at first glance! Shard prefixes are now color-coded by region and playstyle:

[US PVE]
    [EU PVE]
    [OCEANIC PVE]

[US PVP]
    [EU PVP]

[US RP]
    [EU RP]

Guild Recruitment Threads

Posting a Guild Recruitment thread requires a shard prefix, so that other players know your home shard. This displays automatically once posted, so there's no need to include the shard in the text of your title. For example, if you choose Faeblight, your title will show like this in the forums:

[Faeblight] < Kickin Rad Fake Guild Name > - Looking for more tanks!

In the text of your post, you may want to include any combination following, to better attract prospective players:
    • General playstyle of your guild-- hardcore, casual, leveling, PVP, RP, etc.
    • Days of the week where your guild sees the most activity.
    • The general times your guild plays, including the time zone.
    • Any other details you think would be relevant for players wanting to join your guild!

Thread Bumping

All guilds are permitted one recruitment thread here in the Guild Recruitment forums. Duplicates may be removed. We do understand that all guilds want to keep their guild recruitment threads active and visible, but we do ask that you refrain from posting "bump" posts, please.

Per our Code of Conduct, "bump" post are not allowed, and we will be removing them. The reason for this is that "bump" posts are considered spam since they do not add anything constructive or meaningful to the discussion. Bump posts are defined as posts that are created for the sole reason of bumping a thread, and do not actually contribute anything to the discussion. Here is the exact quote from the Code of Conduct about thread bumping.:

You may, however, respond to your thread if it contains an update or pertinent information.

This is your one chance to show everyone what your guild is about, so make it count! Instead of posting a "bump" post in your guild recruitment thread, here are some great ways to keep your thread active and visible:
    • Post about guild news and events.
    • Tell everyone about your recruitment efforts and updates.
    • Share some fun facts or history about your guild.
    • Have your members post testimonials about your guild.
    • Welcome new guild members or announce promotions.
    • Post about guild website updates.
    • Share anything else you can think of that someone searching for a guild might like to know about you.

Thanks for understanding and helping us make this community a great place to be, and we wish you all the best of luck with your new shards and guilds!
    Good evening: I am the guild master of a new guild called Insane Monsters my step dad is the elder monster at the moment, I want to create a recruitment thread to spread the word about my guild on Typheria, if you have the time can you please help me, I would very much appreciate it..

Kind regards

InsanityKitteh

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Death View Post
    Good evening: I am the guild master of a new guild called Insane Monsters my step dad is the elder monster at the moment, I want to create a recruitment thread to spread the word about my guild on Typheria, if you have the time can you please help me, I would very much appreciate it..

Kind regards

InsanityKitteh
    Go to the Guild Recruitment sub-forum (where you found this thread), click "Post New Thread" in the upper left corner, select your prefix (Typhiria in your case), put in a title (For example, "Insane Monsters - A ______ Guild" (PvP, RP, PvE, Raiding, or whatever you want to describe your guild as). Then in the body describe your guild. If it's a raiding guild, you might want to include what classes, roles you're looking for, as well as entry requirements. If it's an RP guild, you might want to elaborate on what your goals are, what you enjoy doing in game, what sets you apart from other guilds, etc.

Overall, you just want to give interested parties a little insight into what your guild is about and why they should join. Make sure you include your in-game name so they can contact you for more information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    Hold on to the people who are already fighting in your corner, don't gamble on the people who haven't shown any interest or effort

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2