+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: *-* ID brings Dark Times. Is Your Guild in trouble?

Default *-* ID brings Dark Times. Is Your Guild in trouble?

If you're not here to troll, I apologize for the length of this post.

Dark Times
    This problem may be limited to our server, but progression for nearly all guilds is extremely slow. There's a lot of new players coming in, yet with new MMO's coming out a decent amount of ID raiders are also on the loose. Wolfsbane has 10+ guilds in ID but only 4 (2 recently transferred) that consistently downed Ituziel after 3 months of raiding. A few guilds are care-bearing low-quality raiders to fill up their raids, and as you know Ituziel will butt-**** your raid hour after hour if you allow that to happen.

About Us
    To cut the bull****, we are a guild that hasn't raided this week. We had a few leave/become inactive and we went from nearing 4/8 to having to resort to pugging ID. Our raiders are decked out in full ID mark pieces (some are missing 1-2) but we can't keep progressing with 10. Unlike a few of the guilds that disbanded on our server we have come too far to consider a break-up. We have been raiding with our current core for over 8 months and we're not planning to stop anytime soon. We've explored merging options across our server but the ID guilds that remain either care-bear their raiders still stuck on 2/8 or are progressing on Laethys with 18 strong players (not enough raid spots for us). I don't want to put any successful into an uncomfortable position of dealing with us as a package deal.

What We're Looking For
    We're looking for a guild sympathetic to the case with a similar problem (size 5-15 core raiders, although individual applications are welcome). Whether it's lack of proper leadership, organization or raid attendance or an unfortunate loss of interest of a few vital members, we can work together and help build a very strong raid. Over our many months in Rift, our raiding experience has crafted a well defined loot and attendance system that will assure that everyone competent gets proper raid time and proportional raid credit towards loot (but any input on your end will be appreciated). That being said, it is without question we will honor any officer/leader positions existing in your community (this is not a recruitment thread, we're past that, this is a let's-keep-our-friends-raiding-with-us thread).

A temporary solution is no fix for a permanent problem. Let's work together, preserve the good, get rid of the bad in both guilds and ensure stability. At the moment our elite raid composition (in full hexed/relic weapon/ID pieces) is:
    2 Warriors (2 BiS geared Tanks)
    4 Rogues (3 DPS, 1 Bard)
    2 Mages (DPS, Chloro)
    1 Cleric (DPS/Hybrid)
    2-3 subs. these are the folks that would be best replaced by your members
    As long as we have enough healers available, ensuring that everyone raids the amount they would like is very easy. All our raiders' personal schedules are stored online through a survey program. We know how many nights they want to raid and when their personal schedule allows them to. Many raid leaders do not see the value of extra core raid members and keep it at 20-22. This is irresponsible, real life events come up and it's a disservice to your guild if you're jeopardizing the time of 18 people over 2 people's intentions (we made mistakes in the past relying on specific people).

Feeding the Trolls
    I know trolls are especially attracted to these threads. Troll away, we need bumps anyway. At least we have the guts to admit there's something wrong rather than let our guild dwindle away. I know far too many friends from rival guilds who are no longer playing with each other simply because they were to quick to give up and didn't explore the option of working with another guild in their position. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemies, guild break-ups suck.

Misc
    We love to **** around, we come from casual roots yet we slowly transformed into a serious guild over the ages. We have a pretty tight group but we are most certainly welcoming. Contact us so both of our guilds can get back into serious progression in ID.

Contact Us
    Vent Server: vent111.bargainvoice.net Port: 8270 no password
    Feel free to PM me privately, post below, or log directly into our vent to talk details. Our officers get on vent around 6 pm server time. Please excuse me as I am going to bump the **** out of this thread.
    Last edited by Seksgoddess; 06-29-2012 at 12:18 PM.
    RNG is an excuse
    Seks - Cleric
    CONQ: Darkening Deeps | 4/4 DH | ROTP Minibosses: 2/3 | 3/8 ID
    <Dead Cores> Always recruiting, apply. Wolfsbane Progression Thread.

Default Backup plan

I understand what you are trying to do here and I don't want to get in the way of it.

I'm posting just to let you know that Blackout is recruiting 2-3 raiders for ID progression. We are 5/8 ID and are working on the transition from phase 1 to phase 2. We are experiencing attendance issues too thus the reason for recruitment. We are looking for a cleric (pref. experienced senticar), a mage (pref. pro DPS) and possibly a warrior too.

Just trowing it out there that we could be a new home for 2-3 of your raiders if you guys were unable to fix your issues.

Best of luck to Dead Cores in ID
    Heartbeatz, officer of <Blackout>

thank you for your post the sympathy, and all the PM's folks! We are having a guild meeting and deciding among the options that we have.
    Last edited by Seksgoddess; 06-29-2012 at 12:17 PM.
    RNG is an excuse
    Seks - Cleric

Out of boredom I actually read through all of that and just wanted to wish u guys luck. I imagine there are other guilds in similiar situations and hope they happen across this.

/bump
    WW#5 | NA#2 <Trinity> FT|EE: Conqs
    Prestige Rank 80 | Mage Lead | 17.8k+ Nerd Points

Good luck guys, have a few friends in other guilds in the same spot as you guys. We've been lucky enough to pick up people just as we needed them to keep the ball rolling.
    what is this I don't even

thanks again, just another bump
    RNG is an excuse
    Seks - Cleric

For all the crap that you fling... what goes around comes around I suppose.

Change is for the weak that must adapt.

Quote Originally Posted by Zotics View Post
    For all the crap that you fling... what goes around comes around I suppose.
    JahahahahahahJajHaahaaa
    ID destroyed your second guild yet? Or did you drive everyone away? I forget.

Whilst neither of my 5/8 guilds have ever looked to be even close to falling apart. I wish Dead Cores, Blackout and any other guilds struggling for numbers the best of luck. It's a real shame when something like this happens. I truly hope that you all pull through to SL and the population boom that follows.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    JahahahahahahJajHaahaaa
    ID destroyed your second guild yet? Or did you drive everyone away? I forget.

Whilst neither of my 5/8 guilds have ever looked to be even close to falling apart. I wish Dead Cores, Blackout and any other guilds struggling for numbers the best of luck. It's a real shame when something like this happens. I truly hope that you all pull through to SL and the population boom that follows.
    Weren't you in negative ghost? Didn't they just kill rusila? And why are you in another 5/8 guild now? As for ID destroying any guilds here it seems like it is doing it to yours since you are in a new guild apparently.

As for mine I chose not to run it anymore after quitting to play Tera for a bit.

best of luck in your search OP - RG has been in your shoes several times, so I know the challenges you're facing. Here's hoping you find your white knight ... and if not, here's hoping you can fill your raid with quality, reliable players once again.

I chose not to run it anymore after quitting to play Tera for a bit.
    What goes around comes around that's for sure, but don't you get tired of saying that? Let's be real here.
    RNG is an excuse
    Seks - Cleric

Weren't you in negative ghost? Didn't they just kill rusila? And why are you in another 5/8 guild now? As for ID destroying any guilds here it seems like it is doing it to yours since you are in a new guild apparently.

As for mine I chose not to run it anymore after quitting to play Tera for a bit.
    New job, couldn't make NA raid times anymore, had to go Oceanic.

Bump for Dead Cores
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Seksgoddess View Post
    What goes around comes around that's for sure, but don't you get tired of saying that? Let's be real here.
    Nope, not one bit as this is the first time I have said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    New job, couldn't make NA raid times anymore, had to go Oceanic.

Bump for Dead Cores
    Well what do you know.... new job for me also.

Sorry it didn't work out between us (SOAP), but good luck on your future merger.

Shameless plug: Snakes On A Planarite is looking for top-class players for ID progression. Apply at http://riftsoap.enjin.com

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast