+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What Classes are in Demand for Raiding?

Soulwalker

Default What Classes are in Demand for Raiding?

What Classes are in Demand for Raiding?

In previous MMOs, when I've started on games that have been out for a bit I've always asked what's in demand, and it's worked out well. I never would have thought to play an Enchanter in EQ1 if it hadn't been in demand, and I ended up loving the class. I also progression raided on a druid, DK, and Warlock in WoW, and played a Lore Master in LOTRO, among other MMOs.

I played Rift briefly as a Rogue (did all three roles, tank, DPS, and support) at launch and they were very overcrowded. I'm favoring either Mage or Cleric so far this time around unless Rogues mysteriously disappeared in the last year. Very versatile game with the soul system and all, I'm looking forward to it.

Any classes or roles stand out as being an area of need in raids?

Thanks and well met!

I use to have rogues coming out of everywhere. Then on day it was like 'poof'. I personally need rogues as somehow they all turned into clerics or warriors, but good DPS rogues. I don't need another bard...

This is a very personal look at needs, I have zero idea on the rest of the server.

Soulwalker

Thanks for the feedback. It's encouraging that at least one guild needs Rogues...even better that it's not a need for a Bard (I found my Bard spec boring but was happy to help offheal in groups with mine).

Thanks!

It seems Clerics might be the most common class now in the endgame?

Just speaking for my group, clerics have seemly exploded along with warriors. Everyone likes those big DPS numbers with unlimited energy it seems. Mages are low, but not as bad as rogues.

I don't really see anyone asking for clerics, but other groups have been asking for Warriors.

Telaran

I agree my guild needs rogue and mate applicants. C

Almost every pug I've done in the month or so that I've been on this server has been overly full on rogues. I often see in 50 chat too, "lfm [whatever raid], full on rogues." But that's just been my experience with pugs.

My guild is overly full on clerics. We're short a mage or two, and we need a new bard. The thing with bard though is that each guild only really needs one, dedicated, full-time bard... so once that slot is full, the other rogues pretty much just need to carry a back-up bard spec in case the full-time bard misses a raid.

Really though with my guild, we'd make room for a quality applicant of any class if they have a good personality, good skill, and good dps numbers. So my advice would be to play what you enjoy, because if you're having fun, you're going to play it well - and that's all that really matters in the end.
    Last edited by Roseanna; 03-11-2012 at 09:21 AM.

Soulwalker

Thanks for the replies. It's also most welcoming to get the feedback I did from guild and raid leadership on this server. Again my thanks.

I liked my rogue before and have been liking the mage this go-around more than my cleric. I'll likely keep working the mage up.

+ Reply to Thread