Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: {D} Dark Paradigm, Progression with a Casual Twist

Default {D} Dark Paradigm, Progression with a Casual Twist

Dark Paradigm
    Mumble: dp.mumble.cc

Greetings! Allow me to introduce you to our recruitment thread. Dark Paradigm is a mix of a casual base with a strong raiding core. Our roster includes 66 level 50 characters that have logged on this week. Our raiding core is 21 strong with 4 prospects and 3 subs.

Current Recruitment Push:
    This is a new section that I'll keep updated with our current recruitment goals.
    - Our current progression is in ID and on Akylios
    - We are looking for ID Ready (400+ Hit/Focus) or exceptionally skilled HK raiders:
    - - 1 Cleric (Who can DPS and Heal)

Atmosphere and Guild Age:
    - The majority of our members are somewhere between 20 and 50. Guild conversation often gets on the 'mature' side of the line.
    - We have several couples and partners in the guild as well.
    - We function as a family and value Real Life much more than Rift.

Role Play and Community:
    - As we are a 'don't be a ......' guild, it is expected that all our members extend the same attitude to our community.
    - Dark Paradigm is not designated as a 'Role Playing' guild. Some of our members do enjoy this aspect of the community while others shy away from it.

Casual Members:
    - We also have a good sized base of casual members. People who log on for the conversation, zone events, T2 groups, DRRs and 10 mans. You'll see our raiders log on to complete their daily T2 and bring whoever wishes to join them along.
    - Again, because we have such an active pool of members who enjoy all aspects of the game you'll find lots of experienced individuals to ask questions. We explain each fight in our DRR/Raid and all but our most recent progression fight is done in a casual way with lots of off topic chatter.
    - We allow all alts into the guild. We do tend to trim characters who have not logged on for 60+ days however.

Casual Raiders:
    - Our guild includes a healthy pool of Raider Subs and Members. These are people who enjoy raiding but due to real life schedule conflicts can not commit to a progression raid schedule. We are often able to bring a few of these members into HK and RotP. We also are able to rotate members in and out of the raider core into the subs as their real life schedules change.

Progression Raiding (HK - 10/11) (RotP - 4/4) (ID - 1/8):
    - We have a raiding core of ~20 members and officers.
    - Current Raiding Time is 7 pm server time
    - HK Raiding Nights are Thursday, Monday and Tuesday
    - RotP Raiding Nights are Wednesday and Friday
    - T1 10/20 Man Content is ran whenever enough members are on that wish to do so
    - ID Nights are mixed in with HK nights depending on raid force and feeling

Crafting, Consumables and the Bank:
    - Being a decently sized guild, we have members who are active in all of the crafting professions. We do use Magelo (will take a bit for the server transfer) so that it is easy to search our many recipes to find the crafter that can make what you are looking for.
    - For our raiders we bring all the raid consumables typically used. Our raiders typically contribute resources to the crafters during off times to assist in keeping our raider tab stocked.
    - For members we have a Crafting Tab where we deposit many different types of crafting materials and augments, a General Tab where we drop different loot items and keep stocked on a wide range of runes, and an Artifact Tab where we unload all our unused Artifacts.

Guild Leadership and Rules:
    - Dark Paradigm is lead by a council. This council is made up of members with a wide range of in game goals and experience; from the very detailed, big pictured, progression, casual and odd. We vote on most issues facing the guild and have a large degree of autonomy in taking action as individuals.
    - The Council has at least 1 member from each class who functions as a 'Class Officer' in handling assignment to Raider Ranks and assisting with itemization and build questions.
    - As far as rules go, Dark Paradigm does not really have any. We operate on the 'don't be a .....' philosophy and seek members/raiders with a similar mindset.
    - Loot is always decided by a Loot Council. Most of the time we default to open rolls. Being a mix between progression and casual we try and strike a balance between assigning loot based on needs of the raid and rolling on loot based on the needs of the members.

Recruitment and Advancement:
    So now that I've introduced you to the guild, lets talk about recruitment.
    - We've established this thread because we do not really care much for spamming 50's chat for members. We are always happy to add new people to our family however; both from Faeblight and from any other server.
    - For entry into Dark Paradigm we evaluate only on a random interview to gauge personality. There are no 'applications' or 'required classes / gear'. This is part of our casual base.
    - For advancement to Member you can expect to be at a 'recruit' rank for about 2 weeks. This is mostly because we have very generous bank privileges to our members and alts.
    - Advancement to Raider Sub is at the discretion of the council, but typically occurs after being in the guild for about a month and being active in our entry raids / available for our progression content. This is a casual raider rank and only requires you make your intentions known and demonstrate basic awareness / ability.
    - Advancement to Raider is a longer process. Something you should be sure to tell us you are interested in. This is where the line is drawn between casual and progression; so naturally there are gear, skill, schedule and personality requirements.

Raiders joining our guild:
    - Dark Paradigm with few exceptions does not recruit directly into our raider core.
    - Everyone comes in as a recruit, however if your intention is to be part of the core please let us know so that we can get you in contact with your class officer.
    - Once the class officer has determined that you are a perspective raider core member, we'll tend to get you into a few of our progression nights to see how well you fit with our group.
    - It will still take some time getting into a core slot, but as a perspective member of the core we do try and get you into raids with the core group.

Raider Core Size:
    Target Class Force = 6 core and an additional 2 core / subs. (24 total core with 8 additional subs/core)
    # Current + # Strikers
    Raid Force = 21 + 4
    Reserve Force = 6 + 2

Clerics:
    5 + 1 Raiders
    1 Raider Sub

Mage:
    5 + 2 Raiders
    1 + 2 Raider Sub

Rogue:
    6 Raiders
    0 Raider Subs

Warriors:
    6 + 1 Raiders
    0 Sub

- For entry please talk to one of our council members. I will occasionally check this thread but in game is always the best way to reach me.
    - Sophy
    - Pseu
    - Chitte
    - Koti
    - Bethanie
    - Zkhar
    - Juiceboxx
    - Shaurynn
    - Gaaldin
    - Contibulous
    - Vallarfax
    Last edited by MaddBomber83; 05-30-2012 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Correct Chit to Chitte after server transfer.

Chitte !!

I have corrected the Chitte ; ).

Also removed the section about how many players transferred on day one and replaced it with our current numbers.
    "Our roster includes 63 level 50 characters (12 of those are alts) that have logged on this week."
    Last edited by MaddBomber83; 01-20-2012 at 09:16 AM.

I've updated the original thread to indicate our most recent progression in RotP (3/4).

Updated original thread to reflect recent progression. We are now a 7/11 HK Guild.

Updated original post to reflect recent progression. We are now 4/4 RotP.

I have updated the original post to reflect recent progression. We are now 8/11 in HK.

Quote Originally Posted by MaddBomber83 View Post
    I have updated the original post to reflect recent progression. We are now 8/11 in HK.
    This time I actually edited the post...

Soulwalker

Hello!
    I want to start off by saying that I am quite intrigued about your guild and impressed with how thorough the information is.
    A little about me:
    I have been part of some sort of progression raiding ever since I started playing MMOs. Raiding has always been something that I love about MMOs and nothing could substitute it for me. In the beginning of rift I did some raiding but took about a 6 month hiatus. I am now back and looking to possibly be part of HK progression.
    Currently I preside on the server Seastone and belong in a somewhat lackluster guild. My goals in rift are not equal to the goals of the guild I am in and am in need of a guild that pushes for progression.
    Whichever way that would work best for you to get in contact with me will work for me. I look forward to speaking further with you.

Hey!

The best way to talk is in game. I normally play from about noon through midnight 7 days a week 50% of the days 25% of the time!

What classes do you play?

I should think about updating the op with how we view raider core slots.

Soulwalker

Also, DP is now 9/11 in HK. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by MaddBomber83 View Post
    Our roster includes 63 level 50 characters (12 of those are alts) that have logged on this week in Faeblight.
    Updating member numbers and some other information:

69 Level 50 Characters on in the last week.

Raid ranks (Raider Rank capped at 8 in general, Raider Sub Rank has no cap)
    Clerics:
    7 Raiders
    1 Raider Sub

Mage:
    5 Raiders
    2 Raider Subs

Rogue:
    5 Raiders
    3 Raider Subs

Warriors:
    6 Raiders
    0 Subs

Updated original post to reflect recent progression. DP is now a 10/11 HK Guild!

woot woot 10/11

And our first Jornaru pull!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrYaRmXLeRM
    "Can you see the flag rising up beyond the smoke
    Of dying authors burning books? Was a problem what they wrote
    The flag is hard to read, all flags look the same
    Covered in the blood of the faithless and insane"
    Operation Ivy - Missionary

I would tentatively say there are a couple Rogue spots opening up for DP. Contact an officer =)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast