+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Why People are Still On Harrow

Default Why People are Still On Harrow

There has been a little talk between the two largest guilds on our server, Harrow, recently of perhaps leaving. Our low population makes it rather difficult to make any money off the AH, close out those pesky footholds and rift events low level, or find someone to RP with all hours of the day. Yet the close knit community is more appealing than any other server in any other MMO I have ever been in. My guild House of the Silver Dragon seems to be biggest, if not only, rp guild on the server. I would love to see more guilds pop up that we could RP with. We have an amazing alliance with Knights of Sephoria for raiding, and we are FINALLY seeing some Guardians out and about to pvp with! The server seems to be slowly bouncing back.

I know a lot of people left the server, but a few of them came running back stating how the grass was not in fact greener. I am not trying to shamlessly plug my guild, in fact I would like to see OTHER guilds be more active on this server. I simply just want to put it out there that while we are small we are indeed mighty!

Probably the most important thing to state, then I promise this ramble will end, is that we are all helpful. HoSD is actively recruiting members but we are also looking for other guilds to align with for raiding, pvp, and especially RP. We do pride ourselves on being helpful, just poke one of us in game.

~Phedra, Co-GM HoSD

Banned

Harrow Bouncing Back? You are tied in last place as the lowest population servers in North America. The servers that you are tied with can't possibly get any lower unless they go down for maintenance. If you want to play with people and still have PVP-RP move to Sunrest. If you all move there it will get far better and you will have lots of people to play with, the best of both worlds.

P.S. I am not on Sunrest.

I have no desire to move to Sunrest, neither does my guild or the other guild we ally with for raiding. We had some people make alts there, and some people that transferred there came running back saying how bad it was. I would honestly rather try and boost the population of Harrow, as impossible a task this might seem, then have to go to Sunrest.

Banned

The reason people like it on Harrow are the other people. It's probably far easier for everyone to go to Sunrest and start acting respectfully there, which should spread to all but the most idiotic. Harrow is dead, there is no reviving it at this point barring locking all other servers to transfers. At that point you probably won't like the people anyway.

Telaran

harrow maybe low in pop, but we are high in spirit!

we have guilds raiding in gsb and ros, the ten mans on farm.
    the ONLY downside is the economy and there are ways to get around it.

anyone who transfers back to harrow has nothing but negatives to say about sunrest, the only exception being a higher pop. and tbh, id take a smaller not "umadbro" pop over an idiotic massive pop any day.

if anyone is interested in going from an average guild to a guild in contention with the best check out harrow. Knights of Septoria are happy with harrow as well as happy to work with HoSD. and are eager to have some competition.. if you can compete with what we have, im sure we are up for the challenge.

there isnt one person on harrow that i despise right now. can you say that about your server?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fortold View Post
    there isnt one person on harrow that i despise right now. can you say that about your server?
    Would you be able to if there were actually people there?

Telaran

transfer and we'll find out?

why are you even posting if its all negatives, i dont understand that, im welcome to debate why i like my server. was just curious. if you have no intention of transfering.. why bother posting at all?

anyways, i hope to see you on harrow sometime and we can chat it up. we'll have a jolly good time

Banned

For one it's an RP server, and I'm not down with it.

For two it's far too low population. My guild has been essentially crushed by two failed servers already and anything that's lower than about 1.5 rating on Rift Status is essentially a no go for me. It's far too hard to find people to do anything at that point.

I recently moved to Dayblind. Though it's not an RP server I've found most people pretty good. I haven't yet found anyone that I would ignore for behavior yet and I've played for a while. You can do events, experts, DRR's and groups quests pretty much any hour since the US population is online at the opposite times to the oceanic population.

Maybe you guys should come over there and come on to a populated server if you want people rather than trying to get the populated server to come to your failed one.

Telaran

well thats amusing, harrow isnt failed... we do DRR, group quests and Raid. sounds like what you have on your server, but we all come together for it. no pugs if you know most everyone your inviting and imo thats a plus.

im not an RP person myself, but i still have a great time running with my RP friends.

anyways, thanks for trolling, i gotta get back to work. will check back with you later Traciatim.

if anyone has a real question about harrow feel free to post, we'll still be here enjoying the game.

l

Ascendant

No thanks dude. If you're happy there then enjoy.

We're happy here and just want to put the word out that were here and still around. The population IS growing and we have plenty of people online to do DRR's, experts and other stuff. So, like Fortold said if you aren't interested in switching, see your way out.
    Hitme (W) - Byriel - Dark Horizon
    Darane (C) - Faeblight - Knights of Septoria

I love how you two came together to defend the server! YEY! And your post for raiders. I should probably put a post for RPers looking to get away from the "umadbro" aspect of some servers

For anyone that wants to know what HOSD is about please feel free to check out our site! www.hotsd.enjin.com

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Traciatim View Post
    For one it's an RP server, and I'm not down with it.

For two it's far too low population. My guild has been essentially crushed by two failed servers already and anything that's lower than about 1.5 rating on Rift Status is essentially a no go for me. It's far too hard to find people to do anything at that point.

I recently moved to Dayblind. Though it's not an RP server I've found most people pretty good. I haven't yet found anyone that I would ignore for behavior yet and I've played for a while. You can do events, experts, DRR's and groups quests pretty much any hour since the US population is online at the opposite times to the oceanic population.

Maybe you guys should come over there and come on to a populated server if you want people rather than trying to get the populated server to come to your failed one.
    I am sorry for your loss. Low population servers don't "just work" the way high population ones do. It sounds like your guild was dealt a bad hand.

However, don't equate other low population servers with Harrow.

The people on Harrow have put in the effort to keep the server alive. The feeling is closer to that of a well-curated player-run shard than a standard server. I can say I know almost everyone, to the point where the lack of an auction house isn't a concern. If anything, I am grateful for the lack of gold spammers.

Harrow is not for everyone, but it's far from "failed."

Banned

The other thread says Harrow is no longer a destination shard. If that is true there is no saving Harrow. Plan your moves now.

I am excited for the next wave of trial server consolidations!
    Infamous

Bads are mads.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Traciatim View Post
    The other thread says Harrow is no longer a destination shard. If that is true there is no saving Harrow. Plan your moves now.
    I wasn't aware it needed saving. That other thread is a month old; shards come and go from the destination server list, and we are seeing new transfers again. Again, I'm sorry your guild was on a non-viable server, but take your jealousy elsewhere. You're months too late to say anything that would actually lure people off Harrow, especially since you never actually played there.
    Last edited by Mall; 09-21-2011 at 08:01 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast