+ Reply to Thread

Thread: <The Black Company> casual raiding guild looking for 1-2 players

Plane Touched

Default <The Black Company> casual raiding guild looking for 1-2 players

We're a small, casual raiding guild that has so far been focused on the 10 mans. We're 4/4 on both and complete both in a single night when we can get a full group. We're also looking into alliances to get into the 20 mans.

We're looking for 1-2 players to get our numbers to being able to make a reliable 10 on our raid nights and to make half of a 20 man run with an alliance partner. We currently raid from 8-11 central (6-9 server) on Tues and Thurs.

I should mention: when I say "casual," I am not kidding. The guild leadership is mostly married old fogeys -- myself included -- many with kids. We're skilled and extremely serious about the game, but we also just don't play a ton of hours in the week. Enough to raid and do whatever else we need to do to stay in successful raiding shape, and that's about it.

Handfuls of us do PvP and other activities in the off hours, but if you're looking for the kind of guild that has a lot of people on at all hours, we're not it. We're focused first and foremost on raiding and whatever we need to do to be successful in that.

So if you're the type of player that wants to experience the endgame and is willing to do what's necessary to be successful (and like most of us, likes to get on our forums and geek out about builds and gear and spreadsheets instead of working during the day) -- and all without devoting an insane amount of hours to the game, then we're the right guild for you.

Look for online or send an in-game mail to:
    Theophrastus (GM)
    Joehunk (Me)
    Mikus (officer)
    Trurl (officer)

Just to reiterate what JoeHunk said above... If you are interested in raiding, but you don't have a lot of time to spend playing Rift, then we may be the guild for you. We are hardcore in the sense that we like to wring as much DPS/healing/tanking out of characters as possible, but we don't put in hardcore hours.

By the way, when JoeHunk says we are old fogeys, he means most of us are in our 30s. We aren't elderly.

Plane Touched

I'm almost 40 (oh crap I really *am* almost 40...). That is an old fogey by MMO standards. I'm also a lifetime gamer and expect in 40 years that I will be posting on the MMO of the day "The Black Company is a guild of mostly people in their 70s and 80s, so we don't play a lot and spend most of our time eating pureed prunes, but we loves us some raiding."
    Last edited by Joehunk; 09-21-2011 at 07:29 AM.

Plane Touched

For now recruiting is closed again. We're looking good for our 10 mans.

+ Reply to Thread