+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: <Silent Epidemic> is recruiting - vent-free - We do stuff as a guild

Rift Disciple

Default <Silent Epidemic> is recruiting - vent-free - We do stuff as a guild

http://silentepidemic.guildlaunch.com

Silent Epidemic is group of mature players who still take the game pretty serious. We spend a big portion of our lives in these games so we would like to get what we can out of them. We plan to conquer all PVE content and be very active in PVP as well.

We do not have or use Vent servers or other voice apps, and because of this we have lots of on screen guild chat. Silent Epidemic doesn't use voice apps for any aspect of the game including 10- and 20-man raids. Long term, those players who really dislike voice-apps while gaming will get the most out of Silent Epidemic, it is what makes us unique.

We are on the RP-PVE server Faeblight, Defiant. We are not a role-playing guild. Our ideal members will spend a fair amount of time in game, progress at a decent rate, be helpful, considerate, and realize their guild is their family. We expect our members to be adults and act like adults (most of the time.)

Most of our focus is on the level 50 game, although we have no requirements for people to be 50 to join. We do a lot together as a guild, rather than have each person queue up in the LFG tool, we join up and run T1s and T2s together. We do the daily raid rift 4 or 5 times a week.

We have killed Greenscale as a guild without voice apps. We would like to build to the point where we can do 20-man raids once or twice a week, Although we are not a progression guild, we would like to see and experience raiding content. We aren't in a hurry, but we do like to see new content as it is rolled out and as our capabilities allow. We want to have fun. Our loot rules are designed to help us progress through the content in a way that tries to spread the wealth and reward the character who kills the boss. We do not use any point system to track guild members and their raid contribution.

Solo oriented players are welcome as well. We honor and respect a person who makes his way on his own but we also respect when they help each other out if it is truly needed. We also expect people to reach out to officers and guild leaders if they have problems or see things in the guild that need to be adjusted. This guild is for all of us, and isn't run in a "my way or the highway" style.

If your interested in joining Silent Epidemic please read the three posts in the recruiting forum.

Current Guild Leaders: Sunara & Architect
    Recruiters: Bozer & Daminera

/who Epidemic to find someone who can point you to a officer or officer alt.

http://silentepidemic.guildlaunch.com
    Last edited by Sunthas; 10-25-2011 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Updated Info

Rift Disciple

Default Ding!

Guild Level 11 now!

Rift Disciple

We are not an RP guild, but we do respect the RPers on our server and other servers.

Rift Disciple

Due to increasing guild size, we've added another guild leader. You can also contact Hisana in game.

Soulwalker

Info update! 12 almost 13 now and we're doing raid rifts /dance. Still T1's and T2's going on, some lower levels still around leveling and a few pvpers out destroying some guardians in warfronts!

<3 Hisana

Just couple quick ?'s if don't mind about your guild as I'm coming back to Rift and starting over to play in a vent free guild would be well worth it to me as I truly miss the EQ days of people actually socializing in text chat and getting to enjoy the atmosphere of the game without constant voice chat going on.

1- Does it seem to be a fairly drama free guild ? As in just overall friendly without "leet dewDZ" making it all about who's got the ultimate and only spec and anyone asking a question gets shouted down ?

2- Is it fairly understanding about real life schedule , as in I'm married with kids and full time job(s) and get bursts of playtime but cannot commit to a 3rd job for a game -

Anyway looking forward to hopefully trying it out as it's great to see other gamers who enjoy playing without vent also.
    You can be a mature player and still have fun , you can not like 733t/spammer types and still not take everything too serious. Wanting to play without idiots named "pwnsauce" spamming chat about WoW is not that outlandish.

Soulwalker

We're fairly drama free, thankfully! We do have some strong personalities but who doesn't =) No one gets shouted down for questions. We encourage them!

Easily over half our member base are family people with jobs, kids, pets, havoc going on around them often and the slackers that can play all day like me *winks* are very understanding of real life > game. Thus far it hasn't stopped anyone having a good time with the guild and I don't see it ever being an issue. It's one of the main things that pull people to our vent free guild. Vent = not being able to hear kiddies being naughty in the background or spouses for that matter! We have alot of hubby/wife combo players =)

We have peeps that play at all times due to odd work times yet still get included. Many of us full time players are more then happy to hop out of a group that is forming for someone that doesnt get much play, or needs the plaques/gear more, to let them take that spot. Or we're happy to join in on a group that someone makes while they have the time if we aren't previously engaged in something.

<3 Hisana

Rift Disciple

Guild Level 13 now!!

Rift Disciple

Anrak the Foul

and

Duke Letareus

are dead at the blades of <Silent Epidemic>

showing we can raid as a casual & vent free guild.
    Last edited by Sunthas; 07-23-2011 at 05:48 PM.

Soulwalker

This sounds like the best guild ever. I hate Vent, heheh. Is there anything I have to do to join? I was recently forced off my shard by Trion (they turned it into a trial shard...) and I have yet to find a new one that I like. I just transferred to Estrael (my third transfer so far). I was in a guild before, but I didn't really like it there. I never really felt like I fit in with them. Probably cause they all hung out in Vent all the time. lol

(My in-game name is Cleira, by the way. I had to change it from Clara when I transferred from my original shard. Also, I'm a level 50 cleric.)

Rift Disciple

nice to see this guild is alive and stronger than ever. whats up sun?

Rift Disciple

Looking forward to all this new 1.4 content. Good to have you back =)

Soulwalker

I've been in the guild off and on for a while now, and I have to say that it's one of the better guilds I've ever been in on an MMO. Not having to worry about Vent is an awesome perk, but it's not what makes this guild great. The people are awesome, the guild leaders are not afraid to enforce the few rules we have, which is a welcome change from most guilds.

Honestly the only drama I've seen in the guild is when the guild founders just up and left one day leaving us all wondering what happened. Thankfully the great officers in the guild stepped up and took the reins.

There is always something going on in the guild. They try to get the daily raid rift done every day, T2 runs are going on all over the place, and people are helpful and will go out of their way to assist with that one difficult quest you may not be able to quite do on your own.

I say this as a former guild leader and officer on former MMOs; this is one of those guilds that will be around forever, one that is known for its class and fun, and one that any mature adult would see as a rare treasure. If you haven't applied, you should consider it.

Shadowlander

I've been thinking about joining a guild for some time now, but have been a bit gun shy. Part of the reason for this, is I'm still learning MMOs...jargon, movement, game play. etc. I've played RPGs for years, and played some MMO "style" RPGs, but never really got involved in the social aspects.

So, for example, I just recently got a handle on how raids work, where you find them, etc etc.
    I'm not a "noob" but I'm still learning. So for this reason, I tend to solo.

I'm not big on PvP, and I'm not lvl 50 so I can't do raids (right? or am I wrong) although I'd be interested eventually. I like and appreciate that you're ok with players like me.

I guess, basically what I'm saying is, you sound like you guys have qualities I'm looking for in a guild and I'm interested, so where do we go for our first date? ;)

Edit: duh, that would be the guild application.

How are you guys with RP? Do you not do it, but are ok when others do...do you engage occasionally as a guild, or is it pretty much whoever does it does it?
    Last edited by Lilian Noir; 08-15-2011 at 10:50 AM.

Rift Disciple

Updated the first post to more closely reflect how our guild is today, as the guild is a changing and evolving over time.

We are not an RP guild, nor do we do RP activities.

Check out our site, feel free to PM us through it, and we will answer any questions you may have.

-Sunara

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast