+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Crimson Iron Society

Shadowlander

Default The Crimson Iron Society

The Crimson Iron Society is a multi-gaming group of adults who enjoy gaming in all of its aspects. Although we are open to anyone, we are primarily family-oriented players ranging from mid-30's to 50's in age. I think we may even have someone at or near 60. We definitely have members with grandchildren

The CIS has members in a variety of online games including Rift. We recognize that older players like ourselves have families and work that must come first. We never place any mandatory restrictions on anyone. In fact, we act more as a collective of like-minded players than a structured guild. Because of this we are immune to much of the drama that occurs in other guilds. Relaxed and casual would be our motto...if we had a motto.

If interested in gaming with us, please visit www.TheCIS.net or send a /tell or /whisper in-game to either myself (Pan), Emeradii, Freon, or Nemesise.

Shadowlander

Forgot to mention...we play Guardians

Shadowlander

I have been getting replies to some of my posts within threads in the General forums when talking about time commitments to the game and like-minded guild mates so thought I would throw something more out here. I have the feeling there are many other players in the same boat as our members and would like to make sure they know we are available if looking.

As I mentioned above, The CIS consists primarily of hard-working adults who enjoy being able to log into Rift each night after the kids are in bed, the dishes are washed, the spouse (if they're not also playing) has settled into whatever nightly activities they enjoy, and you just want a couple hours or so to enjoy yourself online with other like-minded players. Or maybe that doesn't fit you exactly but those are the type of players you would like to hang out with online.

Another way to put it is to list what we are not. The CIS is not...

We are not a raid-centric guild. We do plan to run raids as well as all other aspects of the game as time allows but we are not focused on raiding or any other specific feature in Rift. We try to cover everything equally depending on what our members need and how much time they have to invest in any given evening.

We do not care if you prefer to solo or group. We have members that enjoy doing nothing more than questing or PvP'ing by themselves every night and they are as welcome as anyone else. We do enjoy chatting on the guild channel, however, and hope that any new members are as open to conversations as we are. Silent, distant types of players probably won't feel quite as home with us as the more sociable.

We have no mandatory requirements. The CIS will never shun any players for what they do or do not do with one caveat: We won't tolerate those whose only goal in life is to bring misery to others. As long as everyone is having fun (that includes players outside of the guild) then members are free to play how, when, and with whom they want. We do have an established "guild night" where we try to do things that include as many guild members as possible but it is never a mandatory event.

So...if you are like us and have RL responsibilities that allow you only a small amount of time to play Rift or would prefer a guild that is filled with like-minded casual players, let me know on here (I check my PMs almost daily while at work) or contact myself (Pan), Emeradii, Freon, or Nemesise in-game.

+ Reply to Thread