+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Dungeon Difficulty?

Default Dungeon Difficulty?

Is it just me or are all the dungeons "At least to where I am (KB)" Super easy to accomplish? Even with a group that likes to stand in boss AOE, or even ignore adds. It seems that out of all the 50 levels the dungeons should get a little bit more difficult with each.. which is not happening. I'm sure the expert modes will be more challenging but I really expected to see a little more from a game so PvE centered :/

C&C please, try not to troll this is just my opinion.
    - SwissMISS SwissMISS SwissMISS SwissMISS SwissMISS SwissMISS -
    Dayblind US - Guardian

Rift Disciple

dont know but when i did fae at lvl 16 and the rest of us was 16 i found it fairly challanging and we usally wiped if we pulled two packs. dont know about later dungeons and how classes scales, but so far im likeing the dungeons, while they might not be super hard, they dont seam super easy either.

Thumbs up

Yes IMHO they should increase difficulty and lover XP gain from Dungeons. I think it's a dangerous way to make the game to easy.

Please UP the difficult.

Soulwalker

Default speaking of dungeons...

Will there ever be a dungeon que? Will we have to look for our own groups forever?

Champion of Telara

I've done all the way up to KB. they were all pretty easy for me, except for the spider boss in DD, which even experienced groups would sometimes wipe on.

Without even considering difficulty, a few friends and I constantly find that we are always 2-3 levels higher than the reccomended level by the time we get to an instance. This alone makes them much easier than the developers probably intended. As for lowering the dungeon EXP, I like it where it is. It makes me feel like I'm not just wasting my time if I want to run through the instance again with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by crleigh View Post
    Will there ever be a dungeon que? Will we have to look for our own groups forever?
    Yes they are implementing a queue, but no idea when it will ever be done at this point...and not sure if its cross-server or same-server or any kind of details on how it will work.

But as far as dungeons, its not hard anymore ever since they took out that mobs can no longer Crit. The expert dungeons of the same dungeons you just ran will have crits and new bosses and be a lot harder im sure.

The queue I am supposing will be at the first content patch "shortly after lauch." The same time they implement a guild bank system. Yeah I am hoping it gets harder after KB.. I really do. Too much of an easy game will drive people back to a more established easy game such as..... well it is three letters starting with a W.
    Dayblind US - Guardian

Quote Originally Posted by Frumpkin View Post
    Is it just me or are all the dungeons "At least to where I am (KB)" Super easy to accomplish? Even with a group that likes to stand in boss AOE, or even ignore adds. It seems that out of all the 50 levels the dungeons should get a little bit more difficult with each.. which is not happening. I'm sure the expert modes will be more challenging but I really expected to see a little more from a game so PvE centered :/

C&C please, try not to troll this is just my opinion.
    Each sub-50 dungeon has one "tricky" boss fight and the rest are fairly standard fare.

The L50 versions of these dungeons becomes a whole different story from what I gather.

The dungeons are very easy even the level 50 ones. I think there is 2 AOEs in all the non expert dungeons where people can't stand in the aoe. The dungeons look amazing its a shame they are to easy and boring.

The dungeons are an absolute joke. I've done every one now up until Runic Descent, and with a half decent party you can just blaze your way through, pulling 2+ packs at once and just AOEing. Even a third pack leaves the healer with over 70% mana after the fight. A wipe only happens if you try something new and end up pulling one pack too many. There's the promise of expert dungeons coming at level 50, but when a new "XXX was the first on the shard to beat boss x" pops up every 2 houirs and person XXX is in an expert instance, it has me worried.

In my opinion the difficulty really needs to be upped severely. Right now they're all just a grindfest. Couldn't believe the leveling speed at 28+. We were clearing FC in under 30 minutes constantly, easily gaining a level every hour. Then when the XP became bad we moved to KB and repeat in the same way. Runic Descent is even easier than those 2 and barely require heals at all. The only 'challenge' these dungeons seem to bring is adding 1 or 2 hardhitting mobs that can take 50% health off of the tank if they crit, but other than that it's a snorefest. I find it hilarious that a tank can just hold aggro on 16+ mobs while they get AOED down without dying or requiring more than a single healer. Feels like I'm rushing through a dungeon 20 levels below my level... except that it's not.
    Last edited by Bluenet; 03-01-2011 at 02:39 PM.

I wanted to edit above post but the button is gone.. Anyway, I wanted to add a positive comment. Some of the fights are really good, and particularly the bossfights are very well designed. It's just that the difficulty is far too low.
    Last edited by Bluenet; 03-01-2011 at 02:46 PM.

I do agree that the regular dungeons are easy for me having played WoW for years previously. What I will say is that these are regular dungeons and not the level 50 expert dungeons that we will only be able to do one time per day. I say hold your judgement on dungeon difficulty til we actually get into the equivelant of heroic dungeon difficulty...
    Quote Originally Posted by Myollnir View Post
    We don't need your sound logic here buddy, just let me rage from my moms basement ok?

I agree, they are very easy, they stated they were a pve orientated development team yet they cant make an instance that is difficult. Trion you spent most of your time on pve why not make it worth it for the players. Even bugs like I cast a heal .5 seconds before I die and it doesnt go off so we wipe, and countless others. I really am starting to loose my hype.
    Dayblind US - Guardian

Plane Walker

this has been said before by me and many others in beta. They won't fix it. Usually the response is "just wait and see how hard <insert next dungeon here> is, you'll be impressed". Then, when you get there, it's even easier than the previous one. When I complained about this in RoTF, they said "wait till you get to level 22, instances are HARD then"... right. I get to DD and I steamroll it. "Wait will you get level 28, instances are HARD then"... blabla, steamroll. eventually after RD "Wait till heroic instances, instances are HARD then" blabla , steamroll. "Wait till raids man... HARD then !"... steamroll bla...

They better have an expansion ready with 10-20 new instances in about a week when everyone cleared everything.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast