+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Would love the option to use raid frames as default for groups.

Default Would love the option to use raid frames as default for groups.

What the title says , would love the option to use raid frames rather than party frames for default parties.

Soulwalker

I second this. I looked all over in options for a way to move to this in a dungeon earlier with no luck. The raid frame is so much easier to heal with.

Soulwalker

I completely agree...it is way easier to heal using raid frames. Please give us this option

Soulwalker

/signed

...and already suggested: Link ;)
    No offense meant - just to show that this is supported

Good idea.
    Lotham City

Rift Disciple

Aesthetics and healing ease aside, it's also annoying if you join a public group for a rift and there's only five of you, because you don't get the 'Role' colour coding that you do with the raid frames. It's a little tedious having to ask if there's a healer etc.

Soulwalker

When i heal dungeons i allways convert the party to raid or tell the leader to convert it, just so i can heal with raid frames. Helps alot and we can still do the quests.

Then set it to Raid. There's no real disadvantage...

Guild Leader of Reborn.
    Steampike-EU.
    -Disbanded-

Quote Originally Posted by Elux View Post
    Then set it to Raid. There's no real disadvantage...
    So this won't affect xp or quest turn in's in dungeons?

Quote Originally Posted by Sythas View Post
    So this won't affect xp or quest turn in's in dungeons?
    It won't. I use it all the time and it makes healing much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodan View Post
    It won't. I use it all the time and it makes healing much easier.
    This will make things much easier for sure, thanks.
    Last edited by Sythas; 03-01-2011 at 06:06 AM.

I don't get why people want to use the raid frame - a simpler ui, absolutely but I want to know the mana and power of my group and I also need to see the health of the pets in specific cases. It's not only about the health of your group..
    Kandra, DawN's Level 50 Defiant Nurse in Chain (Blightweald)
    Master Runecrafter / Master Outfitter / Master Butcher

Quote Originally Posted by Sheilina View Post
    I don't get why people want to use the raid frame - a simpler ui, absolutely but I want to know the mana and power of my group and I also need to see the health of the pets in specific cases. It's not only about the health of your group..
    If they don't work for you, then don't use them. It's nice to have a choice though.

Shadowlander

FWIW, when you go to the raid screen to convert to raid, it does say that xp and coin drops will be significantly decreased from a standard group. Unsure if that means there is a truly a fractional multiplier that decreases xp/coin or if it just means that xp/coin will have to divided amongst more players and gives the illusion of less xp/coin.

How

Quote Originally Posted by Sheilina View Post
    This. Its interesting because we were discussing this on Vent the other day.

Theres a cleric in our guild who has to have raid frames or he cant heal properly. Personally I too prefer to see things like mana and dots.

In this game, particularly warden spec it is most definitely necessary to see HoTs on the whole party that you are in. E.g. what if I want to refresh Soothing Stream (Have to stack this spell 4 times per person, it only lasts 11 seconds) on my whole party? (Yes you can do that). How would I check the timer of the HoT in a Raid frame window?

Additionally, the Planar Focus gets a greater slot for essences. So I have a "your heals have a chance to heal for 415 health over 8 seconds" essence. I need to see whenever this procs as well, so that I know my tank's HP will be more stable for the next 8 seconds.

You can argue that mana management is down to the individual and they should be able to communicate they are low on mana. But the things mentioned above, not being able to see them would be detrimental.

If anything, I would like the ability to see friendly buffs on allies in Raid frames.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=244983&dateline=12966  42653

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast