+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can't find LFG feature in UI

Telaran

Default Can't find LFG feature in UI

Can't find LFG feature in UI. I thought I saw on beta boards you could queue up for instances. I wanted to do RotF, but nobody on my server needed DPS. Was hoping to join cross-server group like Warfronts. Just logged off instead because got tired of waiting.

there isnt one is this game

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by cw29625 View Post
    there isnt one is this game
    yet.

I don't have the link - however not only did Trion acknowledge they are coming, they also said that would be cross server and automatically assemble groups.

(Basically - it's like WoW's is what they were trying to say, because it's a rather large success, IMO)

Telaran

Use the chat channels. As Scott has stated previously, he experience with implementing LFG tools is they work great for two weeks then nobody uses them. My experience is the same. Keep an eye out in the level channels and the region channels. You'll find a group. There are tons of people online and it is hoppin with activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Raav View Post
    Use the chat channels. As Scott has stated previously, he experience with implementing LFG tools is they work great for two weeks then nobody uses them. My experience is the same. Keep an eye out in the level channels and the region channels. You'll find a group. There are tons of people online and it is hoppin with activity.

IZZ DONTZ LIKEZ 2 REED

is usually the reason for LFG tools

like he said just look in the chat channels there are tons of ppl LFGng

Quote Originally Posted by valiantone View Post
    IZZ DONTZ LIKEZ 2 REED

is usually the reason for LFG tools

like he said just look in the chat channels there are tons of ppl LFGng
    Never to matter the number of flies.
    PVPimpin' Ain't PVEasy!

Holla Holla Get Dolla

Quote Originally Posted by Stush View Post
    Can't find LFG feature in UI. I thought I saw on beta boards you could queue up for instances. I wanted to do RotF, but nobody on my server needed DPS. Was hoping to join cross-server group like Warfronts. Just logged off instead because got tired of waiting.
    No because everyone and their grandmother rolls D-(e)P(een)-S.
    Play support or stop *****ing. It's never hard to get to tank an instance ;)

In game type /lfg and use the lfg channel or use the level channel or send tells.
    "Its better to look ugly and win rather than pretty and lose"-me
    "Fortune favors the Bold"-Virgil
    Rogosh of Forsaken-Rodcet Nife EQ, Karsa and Karsaorlong- WoW
    Rogosh 50 Bahmi formerly warrior of Citadel may they rest in piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Stush View Post
    probably should have made a group then.

Why does noone ever take initiative? Too many WOW players used to everything being spoon fed.

Part of the MMORPG is socializing, start making friends and shouting in channel to build another group.

I've yet to have to wait more then 5 minutes to get a group formed up.
    Beta Participated: SW:TOR, RIFT,EQ2:SF, EQ2:TSO, AoC, STO, GW, RO
    Veteran of: SWTOR, AOC (again), STO, EQ2, LOTRO, WAR, AoC, Van, DAoC, CoH, WOW, GW, Lin2, SWG, Lin1, AO, RO, EQ, UO, Medievia

Soulwalker

I've also heard that they plan to implement a LFD system, my only hope is that it is not cross server. The biggest issue I have with the WoW dungeon finder is that being grouped with people you likely wont see again prompts a lot of undesirable behavior. Many people drop group early, ninja items, or just plain are rude to the other players in the group. Most of the time when I say hello in a PuG I don't even get a response, as people seem to prefer to silently roll through the dungeon like zombies. Personally I would rather wait a little longer and have a group where I might meet people I would like to play with again than have a faster queue and play with people who can at best make the instance not be a painful experience.

Telaran

Default Where is the TRION Suggestion Box?

Dungeons and Dragons does have a good grouping tool, can filter and show groups by level, what dungeon the are working on, you can whisper them and ask how far along they are, you can see if they are advertising for more players, it's really a great setup.
    " You may question my motives, but never question my orders. "

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Raav View Post

Completely untrue. The single best thing they ever did in WoW was putting in the LFG feature across realms for dungeon runs in the WotLK expansion. There's no other way to really get in a group for a 5 man run these days, NOBODY uses the LFG channel for that at any rate.

If they implement this properly, it will work great and people WILL use it. Only people with attitude problems who refuse to play with strangers will refuse to use the feature, and thankfully they are in the minority and generally stick to themselves.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Killermandude View Post
    yet.

I don't have the link - however not only did Trion acknowledge they are coming, they also said that would be cross server and automatically assemble groups.

(Basically - it's like WoW's is what they were trying to say, because it's a rather large success, IMO)
    No, they have never ever said x-server dungeons were coming.

OP = Bad troll...

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Gromit View Post
    Completely untrue. The single best thing they ever did in WoW was putting in the LFG feature across realms for dungeon runs in the WotLK expansion. There's no other way to really get in a group for a 5 man run these days, NOBODY uses the LFG channel for that at any rate.

If they implement this properly, it will work great and people WILL use it. Only people with attitude problems who refuse to play with strangers will refuse to use the feature, and thankfully they are in the minority and generally stick to themselves.
    You think forty five minute queues are good? That is what happened to wow. Nobody does heroics together anymore.. It ruined the game, period.

Quote Originally Posted by dani08 View Post
    I've also heard that they plan to implement a LFD system, my only hope is that it is not cross server. The biggest issue I have with the WoW dungeon finder is that being grouped with people you likely wont see again prompts a lot of undesirable behavior. Many people drop group early, ninja items, or just plain are rude to the other players in the group. Most of the time when I say hello in a PuG I don't even get a response, as people seem to prefer to silently roll through the dungeon like zombies. Personally I would rather wait a little longer and have a group where I might meet people I would like to play with again than have a faster queue and play with people who can at best make the instance not be a painful experience.
    This x100
    /10 char

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast