+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Can't find LFG feature in UI

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    56

    Default Can't find LFG feature in UI

    Can't find LFG feature in UI. I thought I saw on beta boards you could queue up for instances. I wanted to do RotF, but nobody on my server needed DPS. Was hoping to join cross-server group like Warfronts. Just logged off instead because got tired of waiting.

  2. #2
    Soulwalker cw29625's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default

    there isnt one is this game

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cw29625 View Post
    there isnt one is this game
    yet.

    I don't have the link - however not only did Trion acknowledge they are coming, they also said that would be cross server and automatically assemble groups.

    (Basically - it's like WoW's is what they were trying to say, because it's a rather large success, IMO)

  4. #4
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Use the chat channels. As Scott has stated previously, he experience with implementing LFG tools is they work great for two weeks then nobody uses them. My experience is the same. Keep an eye out in the level channels and the region channels. You'll find a group. There are tons of people online and it is hoppin with activity.


  5. #5
    Rift Disciple valiantone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raav View Post
    Use the chat channels. As Scott has stated previously, he experience with implementing LFG tools is they work great for two weeks then nobody uses them. My experience is the same. Keep an eye out in the level channels and the region channels. You'll find a group. There are tons of people online and it is hoppin with activity.

    IZZ DONTZ LIKEZ 2 REED

    is usually the reason for LFG tools

    like he said just look in the chat channels there are tons of ppl LFGng

  6. #6
    Prophet of Telara mtndew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    my moms ex husband
    Posts
    1,059

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by valiantone View Post
    IZZ DONTZ LIKEZ 2 REED

    is usually the reason for LFG tools

    like he said just look in the chat channels there are tons of ppl LFGng
    Never to matter the number of flies.
    PVPimpin' Ain't PVEasy!

    Holla Holla Get Dolla

  7. #7
    Soulwalker Redunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stush View Post
    Can't find LFG feature in UI. I thought I saw on beta boards you could queue up for instances. I wanted to do RotF, but nobody on my server needed DPS. Was hoping to join cross-server group like Warfronts. Just logged off instead because got tired of waiting.
    No because everyone and their grandmother rolls D-(e)P(een)-S.
    Play support or stop *****ing. It's never hard to get to tank an instance ;)

  8. #8
    Rift Chaser Karsazilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    297

    Default

    In game type /lfg and use the lfg channel or use the level channel or send tells.
    "Its better to look ugly and win rather than pretty and lose"-me
    "Fortune favors the Bold"-Virgil
    Rogosh of Forsaken-Rodcet Nife EQ, Karsa and Karsaorlong- WoW
    Rogosh 50 Bahmi formerly warrior of Citadel may they rest in piece.

  9. #9
    Rift Chaser Grufftech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    305

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stush View Post
    Can't find LFG feature in UI. I thought I saw on beta boards you could queue up for instances. I wanted to do RotF, but nobody on my server needed DPS. Was hoping to join cross-server group like Warfronts. Just logged off instead because got tired of waiting.
    probably should have made a group then.

    Why does noone ever take initiative? Too many WOW players used to everything being spoon fed.

    Part of the MMORPG is socializing, start making friends and shouting in channel to build another group.

    I've yet to have to wait more then 5 minutes to get a group formed up.
    Beta Participated: SW:TOR, RIFT,EQ2:SF, EQ2:TSO, AoC, STO, GW, RO
    Veteran of: SWTOR, AOC (again), STO, EQ2, LOTRO, WAR, AoC, Van, DAoC, CoH, WOW, GW, Lin2, SWG, Lin1, AO, RO, EQ, UO, Medievia

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    8

    Default

    I've also heard that they plan to implement a LFD system, my only hope is that it is not cross server. The biggest issue I have with the WoW dungeon finder is that being grouped with people you likely wont see again prompts a lot of undesirable behavior. Many people drop group early, ninja items, or just plain are rude to the other players in the group. Most of the time when I say hello in a PuG I don't even get a response, as people seem to prefer to silently roll through the dungeon like zombies. Personally I would rather wait a little longer and have a group where I might meet people I would like to play with again than have a faster queue and play with people who can at best make the instance not be a painful experience.

  11. #11
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    St Louis, Missouri, USA
    Posts
    54

    Default Where is the TRION Suggestion Box?

    Dungeons and Dragons does have a good grouping tool, can filter and show groups by level, what dungeon the are working on, you can whisper them and ask how far along they are, you can see if they are advertising for more players, it's really a great setup.
    " You may question my motives, but never question my orders. "

  12. #12
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raav View Post
    Use the chat channels. As Scott has stated previously, he experience with implementing LFG tools is they work great for two weeks then nobody uses them. My experience is the same. Keep an eye out in the level channels and the region channels. You'll find a group. There are tons of people online and it is hoppin with activity.

    Completely untrue. The single best thing they ever did in WoW was putting in the LFG feature across realms for dungeon runs in the WotLK expansion. There's no other way to really get in a group for a 5 man run these days, NOBODY uses the LFG channel for that at any rate.

    If they implement this properly, it will work great and people WILL use it. Only people with attitude problems who refuse to play with strangers will refuse to use the feature, and thankfully they are in the minority and generally stick to themselves.

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killermandude View Post
    yet.

    I don't have the link - however not only did Trion acknowledge they are coming, they also said that would be cross server and automatically assemble groups.

    (Basically - it's like WoW's is what they were trying to say, because it's a rather large success, IMO)
    No, they have never ever said x-server dungeons were coming.

    OP = Bad troll...

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gromit View Post
    Completely untrue. The single best thing they ever did in WoW was putting in the LFG feature across realms for dungeon runs in the WotLK expansion. There's no other way to really get in a group for a 5 man run these days, NOBODY uses the LFG channel for that at any rate.

    If they implement this properly, it will work great and people WILL use it. Only people with attitude problems who refuse to play with strangers will refuse to use the feature, and thankfully they are in the minority and generally stick to themselves.
    You think forty five minute queues are good? That is what happened to wow. Nobody does heroics together anymore.. It ruined the game, period.

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple Wadis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    178

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dani08 View Post
    I've also heard that they plan to implement a LFD system, my only hope is that it is not cross server. The biggest issue I have with the WoW dungeon finder is that being grouped with people you likely wont see again prompts a lot of undesirable behavior. Many people drop group early, ninja items, or just plain are rude to the other players in the group. Most of the time when I say hello in a PuG I don't even get a response, as people seem to prefer to silently roll through the dungeon like zombies. Personally I would rather wait a little longer and have a group where I might meet people I would like to play with again than have a faster queue and play with people who can at best make the instance not be a painful experience.
    This x100
    /10 char

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts