+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is there a shortage of any role?

Soulwalker

Default Is there a shortage of any role?

I have been playing wow since beta and I am now going to try Rift out.
    I am wondering is there a shortage of any kind of role in this game like, there is shortage in wow, in wow the shortage is as follows : 1. Tank 2 Healer

Is it likewise in this game or is there plenty of all?

Quote Originally Posted by Belaim View Post
    I have been playing wow since beta and I am now going to try Rift out.
    I am wondering is there a shortage of any kind of role in this game like, there is shortage in wow, in wow the shortage is as follows : 1. Tank 2 Healer

Is it likewise in this game or is there plenty of all?
    Same here. Tanks are in short supply, healers are more common, dps are the most plentiful of all.

Its a basic psychology issue, not a game issue.

there is a shortage of clerics that actually heal

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Drish View Post
    THIS.

For some reasons, a number of my healing brethren fancy themselves DPSers. LOL

Oh well. We still have Chloromancers.

Shadowlander

Tanks are in short supply. I'm a 27 cleric leveling as a dps spec, however I usually heal for instances as there are only a few 'dps checks' in the first couple of dungeons, while a poor healer can wipe you on just about any trash pull. Those tanks I've found I retain on my friends list and look for each time i log on to begin building a group around.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Maligant View Post
    Tanks are in short supply. I'm a 27 cleric leveling as a dps spec, however I usually heal for instances as there are only a few 'dps checks' in the first couple of dungeons, while a poor healer can wipe you on just about any trash pull. Those tanks I've found I retain on my friends list and look for each time i log on to begin building a group around.
    Spent ages looking for a tank for RotF the other night. It's funny that so many Archetypes can have a tanking role, but hardly anyone does it.

I'm now a level 23 Cleric and have yet to find a dungeon group due to lack of tanks.
    I know Clerics have some form of tanking; but I prefer to heal. I guess at the end of the day that's the problem. People generally prefer play styles other than tanking.
    Last edited by Lenko; 02-28-2011 at 04:53 PM.

IMO the whole tank-dps-heal structure is backward. It should be tank-utility-heal and all of them able to do the same dps.
    Role play text is colored red

there will be always shortage of tanks simply cause this is only spec where you really need to know how to play and react in certain situations... so this role require much more concentration in dungeon run than dps or healer... in other side we have tempting role of dps... who doing nothing except pushing one button so .. choice is very easy for most of new mmo players...

this game is a bit different than other mmos cause here classes are very flexible...cleric dont have to heal..he can tank or dps... the same rogue can dps or..tank, mage... can dps...and heal!!!.... pretty much classes are mixed with their roles.. and since buying new role is pretty cheap there shouldnt be problem to keep offspec in role which is often needed... the problem appear when some new guy try to be tank when he have no idea what it actually means.... ;p

Telaran

definately a shortage of tanks.

General of Telara

My server seems to be pretty even for all classes. I have seen groups LFG only DPS before. Doesnt matter what role you are getting a group is pretty easy at least on Greybriar. Unlike in WoW where there was a tank shortage for 5 mans doesnt seem to be the case here. I havent seen people offer hundreds of plat for a tank yet lol.

Plane Touched

this

TBHO recruiting ^^
    http://tbh.org.uit.no/RFT/?c=forum_sections
    TBHO Recruiting all callings/roles, Whitefall - EUPVP
    Xathian - 55Templar - Perento/Spatalos Aion EU - Xathian - LoL
    MisterTea-Frank Jaegar - Darkfall
    Xathian Fury PvP 80 Assassin-Gank n Spank, AoC

Shadowlander

Give mages a tank role and i'll hapilly tank for y'all.

Arcane Warrior from Dragon Age: Origins, anyone?

Convert your spell power/crit etc. into physical equivalents a lá the clerics's.

Quotes for truth. L2P your class
    Lotham City

Tank shortage as usual, lot of dps warriors though. Clerics even if they are dps have usually capability to pick up healing if needed.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Zodan View Post
    Tank shortage as usual, lot of dps warriors though. Clerics even if they are dps have usually capability to pick up healing if needed.
    Whether they use it or not is another question.

I did a rift yesterday with just me (riftstalker tank) and a cleric. He had heals, I saw him heal himself at the start. So I start doing my tanking thing, grabbing the mobs so he doesnt die. He is in a "lol im dps i dont need to throw that heal i have in my action bar on the tank" mindset...

Long story short He just kept letting me die, then dying himself a few seconds later. I gave up and went off questing again.

Its not that hard to press your heal button here and there is it? im sure your dps wont drop to much

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast