+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Foul Cascade Walk Through (L30-32)

Lightbulb Foul Cascade Walk Through (L30-32)

Just ran Foul Cascade a few times and here are my thoughts on it from the tanking perspective (L30 Paladin/Warlord/VK).

Foul Cascade is an "outdoor" style instance with a night time gloomly feel version of Scarlet Gorge (where the dungeon is entered from).

The dungeon is comprised of elite and non-elite mobs in the L30-32 range. The elite packs have a mix of caster/archers and melee, so you may have to line-of-sight some of your pulls. All of the non-elite packs are melee based.

When entering the dungeon, you will come to an intersection where you will see a Death rift in the distance on your left and a gully path on your right. This intersection sees a stationary 3 pack pull (elites), two wandering Two-headed Giant patrols (elite singles) and a wandering Dragonne patrol (three pack elite). Pull the initial pack back away from the intersection. Wait for at least one of the wandering Two-Headed Giants and pull that before continueing down the right path (better to grab both though if you don't mind waiting). The first mound for one of the FC quests is found in this intersection (mounds spawn waves of non-elite spiders followed by a larger elite spider at the end).

The path through the dungeon is linear at this point. Just follow the gully trail to the first boss encounter, clearing packs (3-4 elite packs and 4-5 non-elite packs along the entire route).

First Boss Encounter: You will find standing at an sacrificial table, three mobs; Matron Verosa (hag), Lesche (ghost), Gurze (zombie). When you initially agro this pack, only the Matron Verosa (the hag) will be attackable (the others are shielded). Burn her down ... when she reaches 80% life, she will shield up and Lesche (the ghost) attacks. Lesche charges randomly every 3s for 1400+ damage, so you will need the party to stack on her. Burn her down to 80% and she shields up and Gurze attacks. Gurze does an AOE cleave (so spread out again). Burn him down to 80% and all three then attack. As soon as this happens switch back to Lesche (the ghost) and burn her down all the way. Then burn down Gurze (zombie) and finally the hag.

Second Boss Encounter: Countess Surin Skenobar ... she is a fairly easy tank and spank fight. She will randomly teleport around and smack various people and then get back on the agro holder. Just burn her down.

Third Boss Encounter: Krasimir Barionov. He is initially not attackable, but summons waves of mobs. The first is a wave of 5 non-elite skeletons. Then 4 light-elites and then 2 main-elites. This last wave is one large and one smaller skeleton type. Burn the smaller one down first (he is a rogue type). After the last wave, the boss animates and is a straight tank and spank fight (this guy drops a really nice tank shield ... also very unique looking).

Final Boss: Queen Vallnara. She is at the Death Rift area. Destroy the three containment orbs to release her (she's a giant spider ... and I do mean GIANT). She has two main attacks ... an AOE "death" splotch she puts on the floor (just jump out of it when she does) and she impregnates a random person (ewww) with one of her babies which hatch (light-elite) and attack that person. The tank should grab the agro off the person, while the rest of the party concentrates on burning the Queen down. At the end of the fight you should have between 3-6 extra spiders on the tank, but they don't hit hard.

The first boss fight (to me) was definitely the toughest to coordinate. After that it's easy street.

Mob basics for this dungeon can be found at: http://telarapedia.com/wiki/Foul_Cascade

Enjoy!
    Last edited by Kruunch; 02-28-2011 at 06:52 AM.

great writeup!

I haven't hit the 30s yet but that's some solid info on how the bosses work.

thanks for taking the time to post this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    Second Boss Encounter: Countess Surin Skenobar ... she is a fairly easy tank and spank fight. She will randomly teleport around and smack various people and then get back on the agro holder. Just burn her down.

Third Boss Encounter: Krasimir Barionov. He is initially not attackable, but summons waves of mobs. The first is a wave of 5 non-elite skeletons. Then 4 light-elites and then 2 main-elites. This last wave is one large and one smaller skeleton type. Burn the smaller one down first (he is a rogue type). After the last wave, the boss animates and is a straight tank and spank fight (this guy drops a really nice tank shield ... also very unique looking).

Final Boss: Queen Vallnara. She is at the Death Rift area. Destroy the three containment orbs to release her (she's a giant spider ... and I do mean GIANT). She has two main attacks ... an AOE "death" splotch she puts on the floor (just jump out of it when she does) and she impregnates a random person (ewww) with one of her babies which hatch (light-elite) and attack that person. The tank should grab the agro off the person, while the rest of the party concentrates on burning the Queen down. At the end of the fight you should have between 3-6 extra spiders on the tank, but they don't hit hard.
    I would also add that if your DPS is not good enough and your tank is not strong enough, you will not have enough time to DPS the boss and have the tank hold aggro. Tank will die. If the spiders become to overhwhelming, dps needs to switch.

Also on the teleportation boss, I believe we have found that the farther she teleports; the harder she hits. With that in mind I would suggest standing in a rather small vicinity of the boss. This also helps the melee from running all over the place.

Pretty straight forward place.

This dungeon is more 28-30/31

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco3 View Post
    This dungeon is more 28-30/31
    The beginning mobs in FC are L30.

Rift has a pretty severe level wall. I've brought a L25 and a L27 (in different groups) into FC and they ended up deathing their way through.

And I *highly* recommend that your tank be L30 and have a solid build. The Two-Headed Giants will test your build and healing alone.

Soulwalker

Thanks for this!

Telaran

Thanks very much for this walk through. Helped us get through the instance our first time.

Have to totally agree on the levels required, too. 30+ is what I look for when gathering a group. I've suffered too much with people lower than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kruunch View Post
    The beginning mobs in FC are L30.

Rift has a pretty severe level wall. I've brought a L25 and a L27 (in different groups) into FC and they ended up deathing their way through.

And I *highly* recommend that your tank be L30 and have a solid build. The Two-Headed Giants will test your build and healing alone.
    2 levels below the mobs is fine, 3 or more is when you'll start missing and dying.

I would like to add a bit if you dont mind seeing as how I've tanked FC 20+ times for randoms and guildies alike

Tanks who do not wish to main as reaver should try to have an off build for it just for aggro/damage management. Tanking as a reaver will spread your dots to all mobs in a small area giving you complete control of the battle.

Main Pally/Warlord seems to have better armor/blocking and a pull ability after putting 10 points into the warlord tree.

If you are having trouble in the instance take either a Cleric who is competent or a Cleric/Bard Cleric/Chloro Bard/Chloro combo, there is no shame in having another healer or off healer in the game, it makes it much easier on the main heals and the group as a whole.

try having players who are in the 30+ range, on various teleporting bosses/radom charge bosses clothies especially die rather quick throwing off heals and tank alike.

For the bosses

• Krasimir Barionov
    • is the easiest boss in the instance, consider him a test boss for the group, after his 3 waves you dps him down and its over fairly quick.
    • Countess Surin Skenobar
    • Make sure to clear all the adds around her aside from the bats, watch for the abomination that patrols and stack on the tank to help minimize the distance she teles. (This is one of the toughest fights for a new group next to matron)
    • Matron Verosa
    • Arguably the hardest boss in the instance, if you can take her you can do anything in FC, make sure to kill Lesch first then Gurze because of Leschs random charge, also be sure to keep Gurze turned away due to his cleave ability, once they are dead matron will randomly target and shoot a bolt at various grouopes so be on top of your heals (usually good to have a 2nd healer/offhealer)
    • Queen Vallnara (Final Boss)
    • The queen is easy if your tank can pick up the adds and keep everyone out of poison, heals and a good tank are most important on this fight, walk the queen slowly around so your group doesnt stand in poison and have those who have a spider add on them run to you so you can take it away.
    If you really want to test your group pull an abomination if its easy you are good to go, if you really want to make sure they are ready pull two abominations, if you can take two abominations you are good to go and can pretty much do anything.

Make sure your tank has the proper spec, I originally rolled Pally main and switched to reaver around 22, I have not gone back to pally due to the ease of being able to hold 10+ mobs and heal myself with 3 different spells, it makes tanking easier and more beneficial for the group.

that being said I am not dissing other tank specs as all seem viable, Reaver seems the best for instance tanking at the moment however.

Good luck running FC and have fun.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Antenacht View Post
    snip
    For the groups I've been with, healing and just dpsing, the porting boss and the waves boss are reversed in difficulty, for me, although they're both easy. Healing the three waves, then the boss fight with low dps makes for a VERY long fight where my mana was taxed.

Whereas the porting boss I went with people that never did it before, we spread out all over the place not knowing, and we downed her quickly. Very easy, and easy to heal, even with the clothies. I think spreading out helped, because when she ports, she does an aoe damage like the riftstalkers do (which has no minimum range), and if everyone is clumped, they all take it. At least I think that's why I had such an easy time healing it.

Also, I've been doing it counterclockwise, so the trio has been the first boss set we've come to in the groups I run with. I didn't even think about running it any other way but you can do it either way. If the group can't do that boss, the instance isn't worth doing anyway, so it's a better starting boss so you don't waste your time.
    Last edited by Defunct; 03-11-2011 at 09:23 PM.

+ Reply to Thread