+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestion: Option to use Raid-UI in 5-man-groups

Soulwalker

Thumbs up Suggestion: Option to use Raid-UI in 5-man-groups

Since I didn't find a Suggestions-Forum and I'm not sure where to put it, I posting this under Dungeons&Raids because as a Healer this affects me most in 5-man-dungeons.

My Problem is:
    I really like healing and I think for a start the raid UI is great. Sadly the group UI gives me headaches. For me it has too many informations and is all in all too big. I don't need to see the avatars, I don't need to see the buffs of the group members. What I need is the current health of me and my team-mates in a compact, neatly arranged form - just like it is in the Raid-UI.

I googled a bit and it seems a lot of healers have that issue as well. Of course a lot of that comes from players being used to the Grid-Addon of WoW. But as said before, the raid UI of Rift already uses a similar system and the only thing I would need is the option to use that also if you're in a 5-man-group.

Regars,
    /tehed

P.S: Sorry, if there's any bad english in this text - I'm not a native speaker, but at least I'm trying ;)

Soulwalker

+1

the raid set up is ideal. It's efficent and beautiful. The party frames are useless. Even in tank spec, I couldn't care what the pictures look like.
    Last edited by Darkaz; 02-28-2011 at 02:02 AM.

Just want to give my FULL support for this request.

???

Just have the party leader hit Y and convert it to raid, we do it every dungeon for our healer. Doesnt mess up anything or effect anything.
    Probably - R4 Mage - Sunrest
    Possibly - R4 Cleric - Sunrest
    Maybe - R6 Rogue - Deepstrike

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by -Phantom- View Post
    Just have the party leader hit Y and convert it to raid, we do it every dungeon for our healer. Doesnt mess up anything or effect anything.
    Oh, I didn't know that was possible. And this also doesn't do something like not being able to complete (group) quests?

Well, then that would be a usabel workaround for now. Still, I'd like to have this as an interface option, so every healer can decide for himself what to use.

???

I love you so much! Was really not enjoying healing dungeons because I focused most of my time staring at the giant health bars. Will definitely be able to enjoy it more now. Thank you so much!

However I still agree that there should be an option to enable this through the interface options. I know it may be nit-picky, but changing a group to raid still seems rather clunky.
    Ashe of Silkweb

Rift Chaser

Phantom, thanks for the good suggestion, ran Fae a couple of times, first as dps spec and no problems with targetting etc

Then ran it as healer and came across the same issues as the OP.

Just one question - is it possible to re-arrange the order of the group on your screen. When healing in other games I found it really useful to put the tank at the top (F2), melee next (F3) and so on.

Thanks in advance for any help

Plane Touched

Thank you for this. Oh boy, will this make it better.

???

Haha no problem, I was playing cleric too and it bugged me also. Decided to try it during beta as I was party leader to see if it would mess up anything. Worked fine and all quest still completed and everything. No problems

Quote Originally Posted by Lyaise View Post
    Phantom, thanks for the good suggestion, ran Fae a couple of times, first as dps spec and no problems with targetting etc

Then ran it as healer and came across the same issues as the OP.

Just one question - is it possible to re-arrange the order of the group on your screen. When healing in other games I found it really useful to put the tank at the top (F2), melee next (F3) and so on.

Thanks in advance for any help
    Yes, the raid leader can hit Y, and drag whoever to whatever place in the raid they want. This goes for instances, warfronts and whatever else you can think of. Raid/Party leader can only do it though. Have to ask them to move people around for you.

Soulwalker

I'll sign this. My healer hates when she has to heal with the normal UI frames, put in raid frames for 5-man groups please!

Rift Chaser

Yes, the raid leader can hit Y, and drag whoever to whatever place in the raid they want. This goes for instances, warfronts and whatever else you can think of. Raid/Party leader can only do it though. Have to ask them to move people around for you.
    Thanks again for the help.

Hopefully Trion will make it so anyone in the group can move these round independantly on their own screen.

+ Reply to Thread