+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestion for 10 man raid content

Soulwalker

Default Suggestion for 10 man raid content

I think the current 10 man raid content might pose some problems, like the fact that anyone can join in on the raid. My idea is: when a raid group goes to open a raid rift instead of spawning mobs like a traditional rift it sucks the group into the rift and inside the rift is a private instance. Another option could be just to scale the current 20 man raids into 10 man difficulty.

Jagnon I really like the last point you made... but the first point is pretty solid! That is actually a really cool idea! The only reason I could think that Trion themselves hadn't thought of this is either lore based or based upon a future release involving jumping into the rifts. But again solid idea, I like
    Last edited by Vyndeta; 02-27-2011 at 08:28 PM.

Telaran

They originally planned on having 10 and 20 man versions of the same instanced raids, but decided to switch to the current plan based on the issues with tracking progression (this guild has more bosses down on 10 man, but do they count because 10 mans are "easier"?), as well as scaling the item drops to the difficulty of the raids. It is widely agreed that 10-man raids are easier to start up and coordinate, and if one can create a group composition that effectively covers all the buffs that a 20-man group should be expected to have, then the 10-man group will have that much easier of a time.

Because of this, Trion has decided to provide different content for 10 and 20 man raid groups. However, as to the concerns that you voiced the raid group should obviously switch themselves to private when doing these to avoid people joining in (can they even do it?), and apparently anyone that enters the area and participates will buff the mobs, but only get planarite/other junk from regular rifts as rewards. It seems that people on the alpha were pretty cool about not griefing each other, but Trion has said that they have the ability to change things around almost instantly, such as making a "bubble" around the raid rift.

Soulwalker

I sort of wish that they had stuck to their original plan but I still think the endgame will be a succsess at least from a 20 man raiders perspective.I'm still not sure about the current 10 man content. We will have to see what the community thinks once everybody starts to reach endgame.

They originally planned on having 10 and 20 man versions of the same instanced raids, but decided to switch to the current plan based on the issues with tracking progression (this guild has more bosses down on 10 man, but do they count because 10 mans are "easier"?), as well as scaling the item drops to the difficulty of the raids. It is widely agreed that 10-man raids are easier to start up and coordinate, and if one can create a group composition that effectively covers all the buffs that a 20-man group should be expected to have, then the 10-man group will have that much easier of a time.
    If we approach this statement honestly we can probably all agree that 10 man raids are easier to form. However 10 man raids are less forgiving because there is less room for error. If you lose 1 DPS in a 20 man it doesn't spell as much doom as losing a DPS in 10 man. The argument of 10/20 man raids and which is more difficult could go on for days but the truth is, it honestly doesn't matter.

WoW turned off a lot of people because it turned into an E-Sport. It didn't bother me much but 10 man and 20 man raids don't have a huge difference, at least in WoW they didn't. 25 man raids in WoW had a few different mechanics but that was just to make sure all 25 members were being engaged in the encounters. And the loot doesn't have to be better in 20 man raids... 10 man raids should drop the same quality gear as 20 man. The only difference should be with 20 mans dropping more gear per boss so that the chances of getting something is on par with 10 mans.

Soulwalker

"10 man raids should drop the same quality gear as 20 man. The only difference should be with 20 mans dropping more gear per boss so that the chances of getting something is on par with 10 mans." It would be amazing if they made 10-mans this way. for the time being i wish they would atleast phase 10-man raid rifts. I.E use the planar lure and the group gets the option to phase in. On high populated PvP servers i doubt they will even be possible otherwise.

forgive my grammar iv been up forever.

+ Reply to Thread